Collectors Edition unavailable

genghisgandhi

Re: Collectors Edition unavailable

Post by genghisgandhi »

Good to hear of the deliverers of the collectors edition in the UK and Ireland. No word on delivery of any physical collectors edition in the US yet.

My kids are currently playing the digital PC, still holding out hope for the physical collector's edition for myself. Was hoping to play with the kids over the Thanksgiving break, doesn't look like that will happen :(
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

I ordered the collectors edition back when it was available for pre order and now Best Buy says it’s sold out.
the big print giveth the small print taketh
wiseguy49

Post by wiseguy49 »

Fordimus wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:14 pm
That'd be nice. Maybe even allow us to buy a digital copy, and and when we get the physical we provide them the unused code and get a refund for the digital
That would be good customer service… something that has been lacking for quite some time in this company in my opinion.

Heck even a temporary code… anything at this point.

I’m about to cancel my collectors and just get the digital copy. I have a feeling whenever these do become available you’ll have a lot of leftover unused stock that will end up getting trashed. Then I’ll go out and buy a steak with the $30 I’m saving on Giants.
Fordimus

Post by Fordimus »

wiseguy49 wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:43 pm
Fordimus wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:14 pm
That'd be nice. Maybe even allow us to buy a digital copy, and and when we get the physical we provide them the unused code and get a refund for the digital
That would be good customer service… something that has been lacking for quite some time in this company in my opinion.

Heck even a temporary code… anything at this point.

I’m about to cancel my collectors and just get the digital copy. I have a feeling whenever these do become available you’ll have a lot of leftover unused stock that will end up getting trashed. Then I’ll go out and buy a steak with the $30 I’m saving on Giants.
Yeah, I was thinking the same with temporary codes, just wasn't sure how it'd be implemented if possible so I didn't mention it. And yeah, this is the first FS game my sister got and she was all excited to play, and out of our group she's the only who has it now. She offered to buy it for me but I was like nah, I can afford it, but I just don't want to give the company extra money, they don't deserve it as of now. We've had 0 communication from them regarding an international issue.. this is getting stupid
wiseguy49

Post by wiseguy49 »

Officially cancelled the Collectors Edition and bought through Giants. 10 hour download now. I'm done. Time to move on.
Fordimus

Post by Fordimus »

wiseguy49 wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:20 am Officially cancelled the Collectors Edition and bought through Giants. 10 hour download now. I'm done. Time to move on.
I tried to get it through giants and it kept telling me payment failed, so I got it through steam, took all of 5 minutes to download
alha alha

Post by alha alha »

Same issue, contacted Gamestop release day as I hadn't got the email stating it'd been shipped yet (I'd have thought it would ship a few days early to arrive on release day, nope), was told it appears that they hadn't received any to ship out. Called around to their local stores, none in stock in any store, hadn't received any yet either. Was initially frustrated at buying it at gamestop, so called best buy, which was my other option to order it from, and basically found out that they too hadn't received any stock from Giants. So, it appears to be a systemic issue, and Giants appears to have screwed the pooch on this one. I checked back this evening with Gamestop on an account related question, and asked them again if they had any updated info on the release situation, he said nope, still nothing in stock, and has no ETA. Kinda frustrating, but holding out hope still. But as mentioned above, it'd sure be nice if they would contact resellers, and provide them game codes for those of us in the queue so we could at least download and play it in the mean time, to get _some_ enjoyment out of the money we've spent. That'd be great.
Chaki
GIANTS Software | Community Coordinator

Post by Chaki »

BreadedVirus wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:43 pm I ordered the collectors edition back when it was available for pre order and now Best Buy says it’s sold out.
We are still in discussions with our distributor in North America to get you all to the CEs and DVD boxes you ordered but this might take until the beginning of December. I unfortunately don't have any more information to share, sorry.
aka Chris - Community Coordinator - Professional Wolf - Typer of Keys

Technical Help [EN/DE] - Bug Reports - Support
MaxDiesel

Post by MaxDiesel »

I have ordered the collectors editon and the regular pre-order disc version on the 22nd of july this year.
Local retailer (not a gamestore) CoolBlue (Dutch/Netherlands) has not deliverd yet and have no info what so ever on when it will be available.

Looks like a need to buy steam/xbox version to start playing.

Very unhappy with this.
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

Chaki wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:36 am
BreadedVirus wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:43 pm I ordered the collectors edition back when it was available for pre order and now Best Buy says it’s sold out.
We are still in discussions with our distributor in North America to get you all to the CEs and DVD boxes you ordered but this might take until the beginning of December. I unfortunately don't have any more information to share, sorry.
Not a problem. I was just surprised it was marked as sold out.

No need to apologise, these things happen. I purchased the game on STEAM, just fancied having the beacon.

I’m enjoying the game regardless. 💪
the big print giveth the small print taketh
tuttle

Post by tuttle »

Gave up and Steamed it as well. Their price/conversion was more favourable, so that made up for not getting the extra vehicles free.

I was only looking for the regular disc, but the Collectors box was available on Worstbuy yesterday, with about a week delivery. It's gone already.
alha alha

Post by alha alha »

Chaki wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:36 am
Thank you for the prompt and honest response. Disappointing of course. Might there be a way for you to distribute a code for us to be able to download and play the game in the mean time? I understand that might be a little unusual, but I guess not being sure exactly what the beginning of December might mean (1st, 10-15th?), it would sure help out those of us watching everyone else trying out their new game on Youtube and grumbling ok, but what about me? :frown: Just reaffirming an idea that was posted up higher in the thread. Thanks again for the honest reply.

*edit* And by download, I am thinking directly from your site, as I don't use Steam. :shock: I know, I'm a luddite.
NinjaRaccoon872

Post by NinjaRaccoon872 »

Unfortunately, anything you do may be too late. Best Buy has stated preorders will be cancelled on Dec 6 and will not be fulfilled even if the item later comes in, which in my opinion is absolutly horrible customer service on their part but I have had that happen before with them. At this point, I have no hope of ever actually seeing the CE arrive due to the poor handling from whoever you're distributor is since the store will not allow us to wait for it to arrive.
genghisgandhi

Post by genghisgandhi »

Chaki wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:36 am We are still in discussions with our distributor in North America to get you all to the CEs and DVD boxes you ordered but this might take until the beginning of December. I unfortunately don't have any more information to share, sorry.
Thanks for the update! Hopefully Bestbuy won't outright cancel everyone's pre-order on December 6th if it is not delivered by then.
Drmattymd

Post by Drmattymd »

I actually went to Best Buy yesterday to make sure my order didn't get canceled on December 6. The associate I talked to said its an automated message and won't actually cancel. He said you'll probably get a couple more notices similar to that
Playing on PC and PS4