Collectors Edition unavailable

NinjaRaccoon872

Re: Collectors Edition unavailable

Post by NinjaRaccoon872 »

Drmattymd wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:11 pm I actually went to Best Buy yesterday to make sure my order didn't get canceled on December 6. The associate I talked to said its an automated message and won't actually cancel. He said you'll probably get a couple more notices similar to that
I had called the 800 number about it and the person there said its automated in their system to cancel all orders after two weeks if the product isn't available, which in the case of something like this, means it will never become available since it's not like we can just wait until the stores restock them. I will also say, in the past Best Buy has shown themselves to be extremely dishonest about their order status/systems and has outright lied to me on numerous occasions. Normally I will only shop in store and refuse to do anything online with them anymore, but it's not like there was much of a choice here.
Unless they are willing to provide proof in writing that the order will not be cancelled, I have zero trust in them saying that.
If it wasnt a limited edition deal, I wouldn't really even care, I'd just wait till whenever it gets in stock and get it then, but the fact that we cannot do that with this makes the whole thing extremely disappointing.
Sasquatch88

Post by Sasquatch88 »

Well I canceled my order for the collector's edition, really disappointed but I guess I would rather have the game than wait until we hear something being it's been almost a week and nothing has been said. Hope that there is some compensation for those who purchased the CE and had to cancel to be able to play before next year.
genghisgandhi

Post by genghisgandhi »

Start of a new week, hopefully someone gets lucky and a retailer lets them know the CE is ready for pickup!

I'm in the US, I see GAME in the UK is advertising the CE for sale RIGHT NOW!! IS GAME a reliable retailer? Did they hijack all the US copies ;)
MagicBoy

Post by MagicBoy »

genghisgandhi wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:57 pm Start of a new week, hopefully someone gets lucky and a retailer lets them know the CE is ready for pickup!

I'm in the US, I see GAME in the UK is advertising the CE for sale RIGHT NOW!! IS GAME a reliable retailer? Did they hijack all the US copies ;)
They're the UK equivalent of Gamestop/EB ... and basically bought out both chains.

No problems with European availability, my Amazon pre-order arrived on the Monday. I can only assume there's been an issue getting stock imported into the USA. Assuming the other 95% of the planet has the same issues would be disingenuous.
genghisgandhi

Post by genghisgandhi »

Looks like Best Buy is finally getting up to speed on the situation regarding the lack of CE deliveries.

I chatted with them online to day, the current situation was stated as, Best Buy has ask asked the manufacture for more product and they are waiting for delivery.

Regarding the default cancelation of the order on December 6th, they were able to extend the cancelation date by a month.
Heil Jada

Post by Heil Jada »

iwan073 wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:35 am As they say on their website, the collectors edition is a limited edition.

So only available while stocks last.

Guess you’re not one of the lucky ones

https://farming-simulator.com/newsArtic ... ews_id=235
The whole point of pre-orders is so they can get an appropriate stock of the product out on day one. The fact that we are getting screwed is nonsense. Also the fact that you could ONLY get the collectors edition by pre-ordering is a huge issue as well. What is Dec 6th comes and my order gets cancled? I cant possibly buy the CE anymore then
Pyraticc

Post by Pyraticc »

I agree, i pre-ordered to be able to have all the CE stuffs as well as play the same day of release after work. I'm very annoyed as we have heard nothing from Giants acknowledging this issue. I contacted Best Buy today via the online chat and had my cancellation pushed out to January in hopes the CE arrives by then. I really want to try out FS22, but im not buying another copy i cant return, if my CE ever shows up. We should all be given a copy to play on by now, even just a 30 day trial until CEs either come in or get cancelled.
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

Supposedly, I'm getting my CE copy tomorrow from Wal-Mart, got an email yesterday saying it should delivered Thursday (fingers crossed). Pre-Ordered exactly 1 week before it released, so isn't "while stocks last," it's just the terrible shipping problems most stores are having at the moment with this game.

Hopefully Giants and other stores will be getting more information on why this is happening.
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
Vorden

Post by Vorden »

I ordered my Collector's Edition from Best Buy on July 24th (Just hours after it was announced) At 11:30pm on November 22nd I get an email from Best Buy saying my order is delayed. I too got a notice saying my order will be automatically cancelled if it doesn't ship by December 6th.

Only reason I ordered from Best Buy is because I'm pretty sure on launch day they were the only US retailer listed to carry it. At least Best Buy doesn't charge you until it ships, so there's that. :neutralnew:
NinjaRaccoon872

Post by NinjaRaccoon872 »

Frankly, at this point I don't appreciate the lack of an apology for the issues from either side (I don't really care if it's genuine or not, it's basic customer service and let's people pretend you care), nor the lack of any communication on whether it's even being dealt with or we've just been abandoned, I'm not even going to fight best buy about it since they aren't offering any help either. Coupled with all of the unadressed bugs and people who cannot redeem bonus items and are being given the run around about it, I'll sit this out for now. Maybe by the time '24 comes out, this one will be working correctly and I'll grab a holiday steam sale on it.
For everyone who was actually able to get a copy, Enjoy! It does look pretty good when it is working.
alha alha

Post by alha alha »

Welp, Still showing Order Status: In progress on my order page at Gamestop. Haven't bothered to call them back, as I'm pretty sure that they will update it when they finally receive some in. I'm hoping the 'early Dec' time frame mentioned above means like early next week, as it's pretty frustrating not to be able to play a game I've already paid for. Even a temporary code to be able to download it and play it, which expires in say 30-60 days, and then you just put in your proper code from the CE version, and you're good to go. Probably much harder than it sounds, but would sure be nice at this point.
rmorton0573

Post by rmorton0573 »

There must be some kind of movement at Game Stop because they have shown "Not Available" on their site until today. You can once again order and shows 3-7 days shipping for it. Best Buy is extending some orders by one month (Jan 5), but They're telling others they can't extend them and they will auto cancel on Dec 6th.
Pyraticc

Post by Pyraticc »

Thanks for the heads up on Gamestop. Chatted with customer service and they stated they had them in stock, ready to ship. So ordered that. If it shows up, ill cancel my BB order. Really annoyed with Giants lack of statement on the issue.
alha alha

Post by alha alha »

That's interesting, I swore that since I first looked at it the day it was supposed to release, it said In Process and hadn't changed, as I just checked again a minute ago. Well, I'm glad to hear you got confirmation that they have them, and they're about to ship them, now here's hoping that whoever they ship them with doesn't lose the delivery. I've had a few things disappear into the ether over the last year or so, especially when shipped by USPS. Maybe by the time it arrives the big patch will be released!
alha alha

Post by alha alha »

Well, small update on my situation, I decided to call Gamestop as I'd heard mentioned that they had gotten a supply of the CE version in, and nothing had changed on my order status on their website. I spoke with a rep there, he confirmed they'd gotten a shipment in, and he had good news and bad news. The good news was they had already used one of the allotment for my order, the bad news is that once they turned my copy over to whomever did their shipping, it fell off the radar. I asked what that meant, they told me that I could just hold tight and wait for it to appear, but his best guess was that it wouldn't. Ever.

I said ok.... so what do I do then, can you pull one out of your stock and just overnight it to me? He said nope, there is a process that another team had to do to see about what happened to it, and then if they can't find it, they have to re-ship it. I said ok... it released about 2 weeks or so ago, when can I expect this to finally arrive? He said well, depending on how fast everything goes in the process, the latest I _should_ receive it is Christmas eve. I said seriously? He said he'd do what he could to expedite it, but no promises. Lucky me, huh? lol