Error: Mesh 'splitGeom' has zero triangles.

johnike

Error: Mesh 'splitGeom' has zero triangles.

Post by johnike »

While trying to connect to FS 22 MP game i found this in my log.txt. The error happens in synchronizing data step but it never let's me into the game.

Edit Farmer1602 : moved from french part to english part.
chadsnet

Re: Error: Mesh 'splitGeom' has zero triangles.

Post by chadsnet »

same exact issue for me and friends on dedicated server. world save is bonked it seems
vladupss

Post by vladupss »

The same exact issue for me and my friend. He is hosting his save file and the game is freezing and crashing when pressing start. I have the same error in the log file "Error: Mesh 'splitGeom' has zero triangles". Any fixes yet?
Ravenous50

Post by Ravenous50 »

Hello, is that issue solved ? i have the same problem. I logg in with a another pc and i got this problem.
bauerrratte

Post by bauerrratte »

Same issue here. Someone said, that it could be a problem from cutting trees.
Aquinus

Post by Aquinus »

I just encountered this issue myself and I don't see any obvious way to correct it. Cuttings trees seems like a probable cause since I had recently cut up a tree into small pieces, just to do it. I'm wondering if that caused the problem. I do have an earlier backup that works, but I'm a little bummed that I'm going to lose a couple hours of work, but that's better than losing the whole save I guess.
EazyFozi

Post by EazyFozi »

Delete cowshed with a robot , worked for us
Henk1

Post by Henk1 »

EazyFozi wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 12:18 pm Delete cowshed with a robot , worked for us
how do you do that?
hardliner

Post by hardliner »

I had the same error and most likely it happened after cutting some trees with the chainsaw.

I was able to solve the issue by restoring every non-xml file from the backup of the save game.
It figured out the savegame worked again after replacing the "splitShapes.gmss".
Drixi

Post by Drixi »

This is still an issue with v1.2.0.2.
Farming Simulator has me lovestoned. I should have been a farmer.
EazyFozi

Post by EazyFozi »

Henk1 wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:14 pm
EazyFozi wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 12:18 pm Delete cowshed with a robot , worked for us
how do you do that?
My English is bad, we had the most expensive cowshed on our server, deleting it in a single player game - the error went away. The error returns again if you install a barn and start production on it. Our error did not depend on trees
EazyFozi

Post by EazyFozi »

In our case, the error was caused by a robot feeding the cows. As soon as he had all the resources to feed the cows - we got an error.
kmoncrief

Post by kmoncrief »

I used the splitShapes.gmss file from the latest savegamebackup/savegame#_backup..... I replaced the corrupt file in the savegame# folder. This fixed it.

I believe this is caused from using the chainsaw to cut trees as previously mentioned.
Gladds

Post by Gladds »

Has anyone found a work around? or a fix?
subbeh

Post by subbeh »

As of February 3rd, 2022 I am still having this issue.

I have confirmed that in many of our cases, this stems from cutting trees and that deleting or restoring splitShapes.gmss works.

Unfortunately, doing this means that all / some of your trees come back and you lose work.

Overall it means that cutting down trees is inherently unsafe as it can corrupt your saved games. I hope that GIANTS prioritizes fixing this in the next release.

To recover your corrupt saved games you can either restore a working splitShapes.gmss from a saved game backup (which the game makes automatically) or you can delete the file entirely. If you choose (or are forced to) delete splitShapes.gmss, every tree that you ever cut down will be back in the game.

Note that in the following steps, "<user game folder>" means the folder where the game stores your saved games and also mods.

On MacOS: /Users/<your username>/Library/Application Support/FarmingSimulator2022
On Windows: C:\Users\<your username>\Documents\My Games\FarmingSimulator2022

To restore a working copy of the file:
1. Browse to <user game folder>\savegameBackup\savegame<slot>_backup<timestamp>

For instance, if your saved game is in the third slot, the directory might be <user game folder>\savegameBackup\savegame3_backup2022-02-03_13-52 if the backup was taken on February 3rd at 1:52 PM.

2. Copy splitShapes.gmss to <user game folder>\savegame<slot>and overwrite the copy that's there. This would be savegame3 in our example.

3. Launch your saved game and see if it works! Note that you might have to go back through a few backups until you find one that works.

If you can't find a working version of the file, you can choose to remove the file altogether and the game will generate a new one. Note that this will respawn every single tree you've ever cut down.

To remove the file:

1. Browse to <user game folder>\savegame<slot>

2. Rename the file splitShapes.gmss to splitShapes_backup.gmss or something. Alternatively, you can just delete it.

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
subbeh