FS22 Contract Trouble

Denhalen

Re: FS22 Contract Trouble

Post by Denhalen »

For the time being the only way to complete a harvest contract on PC, is to edit the missions.xml file. By changing the expectedLiters. Which is alway way higher then what the field would bring. Even with the double yield mod. But in my opinion the contracts have a very low reward. In compare to FS19, it's like just 10% of what you got for the same work. If you use helpers, that reward is just to pay them. I hope this gets also fixed in the future. Only baling gives more reward, but only due to the multiple steps it takes.
Ramius613

Post by Ramius613 »

Earnest Pea wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:38 am Had a bit of a break in the field work, so I thought I would take my first FS22 contract. There was a single harvest contract on the list for oats on field 37 (Elmcreek). I get to field 37 only to find that not only is it not ready to harvest, but its not oats (turns out it sorghum). I'll give it shot anyway, but I'll probably have to fail the contract.
I just experienced this for a second time. Field 36, and 37 are switched as far as contracts go. In your case, you'd have found oats on field 36.
briansommers

Post by briansommers »

Where do I pick up the borrowed equipment?

If I borrowed the equipment the whole job disappears from the missions.xml file.

This is really a hot mess. The missions are critical in the way I roleplay this sim. I'm pretty much done until they patch this.
GrimHuffer

Post by GrimHuffer »

If you are on PC and are happy to edit an xml file you can solve the issue in two minutes.

Documents > My Games > Farming Simulator 22 > [select whichever save game you want to edit]

Open 'Mission.xml' file and Ctrl +F to find: mission type="harvest"

Now look for: expectedLiters="[some number e.g. 88964.460938]"

Change that number to something lower (I personally move the decimal one place to the left, but you could be more kind to yourself and simply use 1).

Save, start game, now that particular misson is expecting to see a lower number of litres delivered before it give you the completed status.

Rushed explanation, might not make sense. There are video guides online if you are stuck.

Remember to save a copy of your save file BEFORE you edit.
Last edited by GrimHuffer on Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phi258

Post by Phi258 »

Does anyone find that the contracts just vanish when you click to start them? I've had several that I pressed start and it just vanished completely.

I've also had significant issues in doing contracts with own equipment. Tried 8 different plowing contacts list night to use my own equipment and every single one came up with no access allowed to field.
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

The issue with contracts vanishing as soon as you click accept to begin them is caused by the contract having basically expired and that the field in the game has moved or advanced beyond what the contract is asking for e.g. Contract might ask for Cultivating, but the field has already been seeded now. For some reason expired or no longer valid contracts aren't being automatically removed from the contract screen list and new contracts aren't being generated then to replace them.

I've even installed the Refresh Contracts mod today which is supposed to update and replace the contracts available on the contracts screen by hitting X on your keyboard whilst on the screen. However it doesn't seem to do anything at all from the tests I have been doing. Certainly not doing what the mod description reckons it should do.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Something else I think that Giants need to rethink is the payment price on certain contracts. For example Spraying contracts where they are paying only $779, yet a single pallet of Herbicide costs $2,400 to buy in the game, meaning you'll be losing money if you ever decide to do those contracts. Same with Fertilising Contracts or Seeding contracts where the Contract Payment is less then the Minimum Price it would cost to buy 1 Pallet or 1 Bag of needed product to undertake the contract. The absolute minimum payment price of any contract should be enough to cover the cost of buy one pallet or whatever of the product that type of contract needs.

Also sowing/planting contracts for Potatoes. We still have the same issue in FS22 as we had in FS19 where the in game Potato Planters won't allow you to unload them. Meaning if you've borrowed the equipment to do the contract there is no way to get the seed that you have paid for out of planter prior to completing the contract and having the equipment disappear and your seed along with it. We need to be able to unload all seeders, planters, fertilisers, sprayers, spreaders etc in the game Giants so we don't lose money from being unable to retrieve our products.

The same also applies to Baling Contracts, why in FS22 can we still not completely empty a baler and produce partial capacity bales? Why am I stuck with balers with a large amount of material in, that I can't unload and therefore can't use towards the contract requirement meaning that on some Baling Contracts I can not complete them, because I'm unable to deliver the full amount for the contract. How hard is it to allow us to force unload the round and square balers and get a bale with whatever capacity or % of material in it.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

Gibbanator

Post by Gibbanator »

Hoss1 wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:33 pm It's funny, I did just that after completing a cultivating job and the cultivator disappeared but the tractor remained. I looked at the list of leased and owned vehicles and it wasn't listed. I guess they're mine to keep! LOL
Be careful. Sometimes I will take a few contracts at a time and mix up the equipment going to the fields with the wrong tractor and by reverse. I find it best to start 1 contract before taking another.
Gibbanator

Post by Gibbanator »

cwattyeso wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 9:04 pm Something else I think that Giants need to rethink is the payment price on certain contracts. For example Spraying contracts where they are paying only $779, yet a single pallet of Herbicide costs $2,400 to buy in the game, meaning you'll be losing money if you ever decide to do those contracts. Same with Fertilising Contracts or Seeding contracts where the Contract Payment is less then the Minimum Price it would cost to buy 1 Pallet or 1 Bag of needed product to undertake the contract. The absolute minimum payment price of any contract should be enough to cover the cost of buy one pallet or whatever of the product that type of contract needs.

Also sowing/planting contracts for Potatoes. We still have the same issue in FS22 as we had in FS19 where the in game Potato Planters won't allow you to unload them. Meaning if you've borrowed the equipment to do the contract there is no way to get the seed that you have paid for out of planter prior to completing the contract and having the equipment disappear and your seed along with it. We need to be able to unload all seeders, planters, fertilisers, sprayers, spreaders etc in the game Giants so we don't lose money from being unable to retrieve our products.

The same also applies to Baling Contracts, why in FS22 can we still not completely empty a baler and produce partial capacity bales? Why am I stuck with balers with a large amount of material in, that I can't unload and therefore can't use towards the contract requirement meaning that on some Baling Contracts I can not complete them, because I'm unable to deliver the full amount for the contract. How hard is it to allow us to force unload the round and square balers and get a bale with whatever capacity or % of material in it.
If Giant was not so money hungry you think they would test this stuff and insure the game is working properly.
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

But why would I pay you for a icb worth of herbicide if you're only going to use 1/3 on my field?
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

cwattyeso wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 9:04 pm Something else I think that Giants need to rethink is the payment price on certain contracts. For example Spraying contracts where they are paying only $779, yet a single pallet of Herbicide costs $2,400 to buy in the game, meaning you'll be losing money if you ever decide to do those contracts. Same with Fertilising Contracts or Seeding contracts where the Contract Payment is less then the Minimum Price it would cost to buy 1 Pallet or 1 Bag of needed product to undertake the contract. The absolute minimum payment price of any contract should be enough to cover the cost of buy one pallet or whatever of the product that type of contract needs.
I doubt very much that a field where they were paying $779 for the contract would use a full pallet of herbicide and you get reimbursed for any amount that still in the implement when you return it if you have borrowed the equipment. If using your own then you get the left over product. I have done plenty of seeding and fertilising contracts with similar pricing and never make a loss on them.
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

I'll have to check next time I do a Contract using the Borrowed Equipment, but so far I have yet to see a contract reimburse me for any material I have purchased to put in equipment when I have completed the contract. I think I'd notice getting 2,400 back for the IBC of Herbicide on a Spraying Contract only paying $779.
I never use my own "Products" when doing contracts because I don't keep stocks of Seed, Fertiliser and the sort on hand at my farm. Especially the way I'm currently playing FS22 where I'm only leasing and borrowing equipment to do my own fields as well, meaning apart from land, fields and a house, I own nothing else. I most certainly wouldn't use my own Products on a Contract anyway if the Farmer was not paying for it. Why would I give someone free seed, fertiliser or herbicide? Doesn't sound very profitable for me.

humbe

Post by humbe »

You don't get reimbursed for the ingredients you use.. But you get reimbursed for the leftover in the equipment when you give it back...
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Excuse me but we should be paid for the Ingredients being used. This is exactly the same issue I raised way back in FS19, that when I raised it as an actual issue Giants said they wouldn't fix it for FS19, but would look into it for the future.

I did a Potato Seeding Contract a couple of days ago on Field 30 on Haut Beyleron. The Contract paid 15,261 or something like that. I used approx 36,000 litres of seed to do the whole field, having to refill the seeder several times as it only had a 6,000 litre capacity. If 1,000 of Seed costs £1,000 or 950 even if you buy the bags, that's cost me or cost you the player pretty much 36,000 to do that contract. The Farmer then turns round and says thank you very much here's 15,261 for seeding my field, he walks away over the moon and you are 21,000 out of pocket.

Plowing, Cultivating, Weeding, Harvesting Contracts are all okay because the Farmer is just paying you for your time and nothing else. You don't often need to buy anything for those contracts, except maybe fuel for the vehicles. So the crappy pay for many of those contracts makes sense.

However as I pointed out in FS19 and here again in FS22, the other contracts which require you to purchase and use products do not pay out right at all. For one thing the Farmer should be providing the Product, it should be there at his/her field waiting for you when you accept the contract. It should not be down to the player to by the products that farmer wants using on his/her field.

Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Part of the piece you get paid back is for the ingredients you used. I'm guessing you didn't use that whole tank of herbicide, since it only paid $779. You should have empty the sprayer and the saved the rest to use on your farm, then you wouldn't be out so much money. Just lie irl, the farmer would pay per acre, fuel, and the ingredients used. If there is leftover, the user would store the rest to use somewhere else, whether it was the co-op spraying or another farmer helping out.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.