Hyper-slow growth, 0 fun, dead game

AgroDude

Re: Hyper-slow growth, 0 fun, dead game

Post by AgroDude »

TheGazbeard wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:29 pm It's as if adding a crop calendar and seasonal cycles tries to copy real life - you plant in spring and wait until autumn to harvest (or in the case of winter crops - you plant in summer/autumn and harvest the following summer).

Making your ingame seasons longer will mean you wait longer between planting and harvesting - that should be blindingly obvious even to a deaf man.

While waiting, do contracts to make money and keep the crop overage in your own silo to sell when prices are high during the winter.
These are basic strategies.
Totally this.
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

chedder_farms wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:27 am Iconio Star, you need to realize there are a few people here that will argue with you non-stop (Illinois Farmer, Dairydeere, Blue_painter, plowboy1992, I'm surprised DEERE317 hasn't been around lately). They'll try to make you out to be the bad person, even though it was them that engaged you.
I believe their sole purpose is to sit waiting for somebody to say anything even slightly negative about their cherished game, and then pounce at the first opportunity. One would think that if their game was so perfect, they'd be busy playing it rather than looking for conflict here.

Giants does get their ideas from popular mods, and then add them half hearted into the base game in a new version. They don't seem to care about finishing anything, because they know the modders will come along and prop up the game until the next version. If it wasn't for mods, this game would have died off long ago, like the other farming games that made the mistake of not accommodating modding.
Yup coming from the biggest troll here. This is your 3rd account in the past 2 weeks. What happen to your other 2 Farmboss? Ban for for saying inappropriate things?
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
plowboy1992

Post by plowboy1992 »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 2:09 pm
chedder_farms wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:27 am Iconio Star, you need to realize there are a few people here that will argue with you non-stop (Illinois Farmer, Dairydeere, Blue_painter, plowboy1992, I'm surprised DEERE317 hasn't been around lately). They'll try to make you out to be the bad person, even though it was them that engaged you.
I believe their sole purpose is to sit waiting for somebody to say anything even slightly negative about their cherished game, and then pounce at the first opportunity. One would think that if their game was so perfect, they'd be busy playing it rather than looking for conflict here.

Giants does get their ideas from popular mods, and then add them half hearted into the base game in a new version. They don't seem to care about finishing anything, because they know the modders will come along and prop up the game until the next version. If it wasn't for mods, this game would have died off long ago, like the other farming games that made the mistake of not accommodating modding.
Yup coming from the biggest troll here. This is your 3rd account in the past 2 weeks. What happen to your other 2 Farmboss? Ban for for saying inappropriate things?
lol busted you again farmboss fuall ?
chedder_farms

Post by chedder_farms »

plowboy1992 wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 2:14 pm

Like I've said before, some people can get away with saying anything they want (you saw my list of people), and some can't.
chedder_farms

Post by chedder_farms »

Don't forget thumbwiz. *thumbsup*
RedJester

Post by RedJester »

Iconia Star wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:14 pm

Good for you and them I guess. I've never said you should stop sending them money if that's what you want to do. It's a bit disconcerting that you "gladly" send them money (Gee, I'm reluctant to send money to companies so that they send me clothes or food but I still do it from time to time) but that's your thing. You want to throw your money at a computer screen, it's your money. I'll always think twice about sending Giants money from now on. That's MY decision.

I have a video game budget. Normally I wait for sales or bundles months after release before purchasing games that come out. What they do is unique in the console industry in regards to their mods and community and the game is engaging , it's my way of showing support. Typically don't get DLC's though unless its something I feel I'm going to use in every map. Flawed as it is, it's still taking up my time.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Iconia Star wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:28 am
Dairydeere wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 5:50 am Iconia Star - I have read this whole thread, top to bottom, page by page, which was probably a waste of time on my part as this is not a very productive thread in the slightest. However, I'm very curious as to what you're trying to argue. I'm struggling to understand your point of view, because as I'm reading, it sounds like you think Giants is stealing the ideas of mods from the playerbase, incorporating them into the game, and not giving credits to the modders, which to me sounds baffling. So if you could clarify your position and evidence on this situation, or correct me on my interpretation of your opinion, that would be greatly appreciated.
My exact opinion is simple.

Farming Simulator 22 is nothing more than Farming Simulator 19 with a few of the more popular mods implemented as part of the base game. There are parts that are completely original ideas (Grapes and Olives) but that's all.

I have to admit that I don't know what you find baffling, I've explained it in so many ways, I can't think of any other way to put it.

I've been trying to stop talking about it for so long though. This part of the conversation has nothing to do with the original topic, I just happened to respond to someone else when they brought it up.
Ok, I will respect your wishes and drop the subject then. I don't understand your opinion, but that's not for me to change. I just found it difficult to understand the meaning of everything when there was pages of text to sift through. *thumbsup*

I will admit, for a while, I got a little defensive about the game, especially the first week after the release of FS22. I'm a bit of an optimist, I always try to find the good things about something and encourage other people to not be so negative. I've gotten a little too aggressive with how I've been voicing my opinions on the forums recently because of the constant negative criticism and comments. Trust me, that's not my usual self. I'm turning a corner and will be thinking my posts through a little better. However, I still want to note that the list of names you read off are only a handful of people who strongly support this game. Everyone you named besides plowboy has been around this forum for a while, and have probably been playing FS even before they joined the forums, which means we've seen quite a bit of the development of Farming Simulator (I think most of us started playing in 15). We're all passionate about Farming Simulator, and so our opinions may come off a little strong, but we're not trying to bash or put down the other person and deface their opinions. It just gets a little tiring seeing so public drama and hearing rants about why the game isn't good or what needs to change. So, in a way, this is an apology for the people I criticized a little too harshly this past week or two, but I also wanted to make it clear that we're not keyboard warriors protecting a special game. :smileynew:
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
gordon861

Post by gordon861 »

I think the reason for there being so much 'salt' on the forums is the total lack of engagement from Giants following the release of FS22.

Although we should have expected it, they did the exact same during the FS19 release.
--------------
Hey Giants, when are you going to pull your head out of your backsides and actually talk to us?
Mavor

Post by Mavor »

letsgo2u wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:31 pm Its not solved because on dedicated servers you can not use the sleep function.

You can also not keep the game running at 120 speed.

The current implementation just doesnt work.

why not give us back plant growth when Season is deactivated ingame?

My group plays on a dedi server and you 100% *can* sleep on them simply by owning a farmhouse. We do it soon as everyone has their 'daily' stuff done. Speed can only be adjusted by admins on a dedi server, so if you don't have access to admin rights then yes, you cannot control the speed unfortunately.
Mavor

Post by Mavor »

I have a group of 4 players who play exclusively on a dedi server. We run 1 to 2 day months, at 5x speed, with seasons turned off. We all have admin rights so anyone can speed up time whenever nec. We usually sleep when everyone has finished their 'daily' work. Works quite well for us.

If you're running seasons or many days per month - its going to take longer to get to harvest time. Thankfully the timescale is fully customizable to fit your needs - however, you aren't going to see crazy-fast harvests without mods or sleep-skipping.
BigBadAllis

Post by BigBadAllis »

I got past my frustration with the slow growth by using the sleep function on the house. Plant all your land at once with real time or a slower game speed. Return all of your leased equipment before accelerating the game or sleeping since the expenses for the leased equipment just sitting around will *censored* up a lot of cash. I try to own tractors and combines and lease everything else since the initial lease cost is relatively low and can be release for the next season. I know increase my cash flow and build much faster.
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

chedder_farms wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 2:50 pm
Don't forget thumbwiz. *thumbsup*
I wondered why I had made your "special mention" list, but if chedder_farms is fuall is farmboss, and thumbwiz, that explains it.

I really don't mind if anyone doesn't like Farm Sim, this version or any other, but once it's been said, why keep repeating it? It gets dull and it's counter-productive as it discourages GIANTS from taking any notice of the forum opinions.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
Iconia Star

Post by Iconia Star »

Dairydeere wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:25 pm

Ok, I will respect your wishes and drop the subject then. I don't understand your opinion, but that's not for me to change. I just found it difficult to understand the meaning of everything when there was pages of text to sift through. *thumbsup*
Thank you. I wish some others would have said that :lol:
Dairydeere wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:25 pm
... but we're not trying to bash or put down the other person and deface their opinions. It just gets a little tiring seeing so public drama and hearing rants about why the game isn't good or what needs to change. So, in a way, this is an apology for the people I criticized a little too harshly this past week or two, but I also wanted to make it clear that we're not keyboard warriors protecting a special game. :smileynew:
Could you tell Illinois Farmer that considering he tried to defame my character by comparing me to domestic terrorists? :biggrin2:

Okay MOST of the named users aren't trying to defame or discredit others. :-P

When I look at people's opinions, I make a ruling in the same way I'd judge the accuracy of a review (I don't check reviews before I've made my own opinions) 0-1 out of 10 is just someone who came in to hate the subject. 9-10 out of 10, they're probably being paid to give a good review. 2-8 out of 10, they've at least thought about why they're rating it that way.

I did not pre-order a game five months in advance so that I could hate it. I wanted to enjoy playing it.

We're all passionate about something. For me it's superheroes.

Superman was and still is my hero and I grew up wanting to BE Supergirl. Some other people (even superhero fans) find the characters tedious and that's fine.

However, we have to be able to take a step back from our passions and understand that not everyone shares our opinions and if we all had the same opinion then the world would be a really lousy place to live. Big companies don't care about us as long as we keep sending them money. The GOOD companies will keep an eye on what their customers are saying about their products AFTER they've been paid for to make the next one better.

It costs £10 to keep a customer, £50 to get them back (or dollars if you prefer.)

P.S. Illinois Farmer: After having been directed to paragraph 7 of the Giants Terms of Service and reading in Giants' own words that mods in current versions may be used in future versions, it looks like my so-called "assumptions" were actually "observations" as I was saying all along. Would you like a crowbar to get your nose out from between the butt-cheeks of Giants?
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Good one dude. Don't do dumb assumptions like you have been doing. You made assumptions giants stole mods without giving any proof. You can stay mad I don't care about your opinions.
Last edited by Illinois Farmer on Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Iconia Star

Post by Iconia Star »

I was giving plenty of proof, you just didn't want to hear it.