Hyper-slow growth, 0 fun, dead game

CharlieHotel2

Re: Hyper-slow growth, 0 fun, dead game

Post by CharlieHotel2 »

cwattyeso wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:37 pm There is no Crop Growth Speed anymore in Farming Simulator 22, Crop Growth is determined by the Crop Cycle Calendar. Even if you have Season Cycles turned off in game, that allows you to plant what you want when you want, the crop growth is still fixed to 10 months, meaning you won't be able to harvest the crop you plant until you have advanced 10 months. Depending on how many days you are playing per month and how fast your game speed is set to will greatly determine how long it takes for the crop to come round to the harvest stage.

Basically players who were used to being able to plant a crop and harvest it in the same game day in FS19 due to the Fast Growth Setting, are going to be very disappointed that in FS22, crop growth is far more realistic and time consuming.
I hope you and all the devs realize you shot yourselves in the foot with that. I'm not waiting 90+ real life minutes in between months to be able to harvest. I have far better things to do than watch paint dry in a game. Fix this lack of plant growth or enjoy this game being dead before the end of the year.
JohnDeere77

Post by JohnDeere77 »

letsgo2u wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:20 am To everyone that says "use the sleep function"

Using it, means you skip the day and this will cause you to pay all the credit fees, maintenance cost, etc.
If you have rented equipment, you pay that too.

That's the issue we, the ones that are unhappy with how "No Seasons" was implemented, have.
OMG!
U just need to think slightly different than u used to. Maybe deliver back the rented equipment when not needed? Take a calculator and estimate how much u are able to pay in rent/interest rates/etc before u get money from next harvest?

If money is an issue, download the money generator and pretend that your farm is proftable.
Plays on pc, hardmode and loves grinding
rasilo

Post by rasilo »

JohnDeere77 wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:55 am OMG!
U just need to think slightly different than u used to. Take a calculator and estimate how much u are able to pay in rent/interest rates/etc before u get money from next harvest?
The one needing a calculator is you. Interest for a 500k loan is about 50k a year and there is no single way (except greenhouse exploiding) to earn that much money. Loans are currently not usable. You will ruin yourself no matter what.
Same is probably true for rentals.
JaGoose

Post by JaGoose »

I was finding this a pain until i realised you can skip days by sleeping anytime. Whilst my farm is small I am skipping a few days here and there just to speed things up a bit. Over time when my farm expands and my production lines increase the amount of skipped days will come down. I try not to lease any equipment to save on costs. Using the smaller equipment can be frustrating but it's true to life, start at the bottmon and work your way up.
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

CharlieHotel2 wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:27 am
I hope you and all the devs realize you shot yourselves in the foot with that. I'm not waiting 90+ real life minutes in between months to be able to harvest. I have far better things to do than watch paint dry in a game. Fix this lack of plant growth or enjoy this game being dead before the end of the year.
The game will not be dead before the end of the year, don't be so dramatic. What will happen by the end of the year is players will adapt to this new system that Giants have implemented, will have a better understanding how growth works and will know how to use their time in game better, particularly the time between seeding and harvesting.

People have complained since the seasons mod came out for FS17 that the gameplay in Farming Simulator was too unrealistic and arcade like for a game with 'Simulator' in it's title. So it seems after two games of feedback from the community, Giants have gone with the majority voice and decided to make FS22 more simulator like by implementing this Seasons-Lite into the game and making it the base everything else runs off and is built upon. Now yes this will come as a shock to the players who didn't ever play the game using the Seasons mod, however Seasons in FS22 is perhaps a lot more gentler to teach players and have players learn then just throwing them in the deep end by giving them the Season-Full Fat experience. Sure it's going to take time for people to adjust to it, but it's better they do it now in the current game, as I'm sure in the future Giants will be moving more towards that Simulator approach.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

cwattyeso wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:52 am
CharlieHotel2 wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:27 am
The game will not be dead before the end of the year, don't be so dramatic. What will happen by the end of the year is players will adapt to this new system that Giants have implemented, will have a better understanding how growth works and will know how to use their time in game better, particularly the time between seeding and harvesting.

People have complained since the seasons mod came out for FS17 that the gameplay in Farming Simulator was too unrealistic and arcade like for a game with 'Simulator' in it's title. So it seems after two games of feedback from the community, Giants have gone with the majority voice and decided to make FS22 more simulator like by implementing this Seasons-Lite into the game and making it the base everything else runs off and is built upon. Now yes this will come as a shock to the players who didn't ever play the game using the Seasons mod, however Seasons in FS22 is perhaps a lot more gentler to teach players and have players learn then just throwing them in the deep end by giving them the Season-Full Fat experience. Sure it's going to take time for people to adjust to it, but it's better they do it now in the current game, as I'm sure in the future Giants will be moving more towards that Simulator approach.
People also requested that seasonal cycles be optional. I was led to believe that seasonal cycles could be turned off, and we could play like we did in previous versions. To me, that meant we could control growth speed and withering. Seasonal cycles should be a toggle, not adjusting several options to partially turn it off. Sleeping through several days to get to the next task, while bills build up, doesn't seem any more realistic than the old way.
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

I agree some things Farmboss that some things are not implemented great to start with, I've already opened a thread on the forums concerning the Leasing of Equipment and how they have removed the daily fee and "You only pay for when you use equipment" fee and instead just charge you the base leasing price again and again every single day you have a piece of equipment, which means leasing an item for more then a day is going to hurt you financially and should be avoided. Whilst in FS19 it was possible to run farms with only leased equipment, in FS22 at the start of the game when you have little income and no money in your account leasing is going to break you in a couple of days.

However one thing I am already adjusting to and maybe this comes as someone who played FS19 with all the Productions/Global Company Stuff and was therefore used to earning money away from the fields and not being reliant just on crops and harvesting to make money, is that I'm not sitting and just skipping several days. In fact so far in my real save I have not skipped a single day and have only slept from 7-8pm in the evening until 8am the following day. I'm using everyday to earn and make income.

So starting on Haut-Beyleron in New Farmer Day 1 for me was Harvest the one field of wheat ready for harvest, then lime spread all three fields. Day 2 for me was Plough the three fields, fertilise the three fields and start stone collecting on the fields, Day 3 was finish stone collecting, seed all three fields with the crops I can plant in September. I've elected to dedicate one field to Grass as this will allow me to cut and produce stuff to sell several times throughout the year whilst waiting on the crops on the other two fields. Day 4 was finish fertilising my 3 fields to full 100% Stage and also remove the weeds, also undertake and complete all the fertilising contracts available. Day 5 was undertake a couple of harvesting contracts. So I'm not wasting any days and apart from the days where I dedicate to working my own land, every other day has been profitable as I have gone out and offered my services to the other locals.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
Case-man

Post by Case-man »

I am by no means a FS veteran having only played FS19 for some 700hrs. I remember my first impression when I first started playing was that it felt like an arcade game rather than a simulator. I.e. ran out of seed and headed to the store to get some more, upon returning half the field and germinated and in first growth cycle. Weird thought I as I read Farming Simulator.

At this stage I started search and reading some more and gravitated towards Seasons, Mass Fill Type and other mods that would simulate "real life". Granted I would still adjust the days per season when only owning a small farm and gradually increasing the days, while still speeding uptime if required. To me, this gave a better style of playing. Slightly more relaxed then constantly grinding between implements. Now this is me and everyone has their style of playing.

I am only on day 2 in FS22, in September with 3 day months, and have so far cultivated, de-rocked and chucked in some Canola. So nothing yet has grown, and I am fine with that. The older style tractors feel more real in their shifting (perhaps a little high on the rolling resistance in neutral) and the power when pulling a cultivator/plow up a gradient feels more real. Seed consumption feels better, although I have not done the math of kg/ha as game uses liters as base and I am to lazy to look up kg/l per seed type.

So I agree that the game might be moving over to a more simulator style game, not quite Flight Simulator but who knows where this may go. I think that this will give some of the incredible talented modders something to work with. I would love to see damage to the 3-point if you try and turn with your implement lowered and perhaps different drag coefficient pending on soil type, but that might be me. I would even welcome a broken axle that would take 3 days to repair forcing me to lease a tractor to get the job done. Clogged up harvesters that set you back a few hours. I might be weird.

However, I also agree that the game should allow the people who simply want an arcade game. I.e. harvesting their crop the same day the put it in, or allowing their tractor/truck to haul ludicrous mass in their trailers set to handle 200000 liters. To each their own. Each person has their preferred style of gaming.

Me, I think that Giants have done an amazing job on the game. Sure there are a few things that will get updated, but overall its an incredible game and I can't wait to see where this goes with updates/DLCs and mods.
JohnDeere77

Post by JohnDeere77 »

rasilo wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:56 am
JohnDeere77 wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:55 am OMG!
U just need to think slightly different than u used to. Take a calculator and estimate how much u are able to pay in rent/interest rates/etc before u get money from next harvest?
The one needing a calculator is you. Interest for a 500k loan is about 50k a year and there is no single way (except greenhouse exploiding) to earn that much money. Loans are currently not usable. You will ruin yourself no matter what.
Same is probably true for rentals.
I've started a farm on hard mode. No loans at all, bought a combine, a tractor and a trailor. The farm is profitable from day one. But u dont HAVE to play that way. But if u take out a loan, u should know what it costs. And maybe its not profitable to finance an entire farm with debt, but neither should it be.
Plays on pc, hardmode and loves grinding
Dark_Davey

Post by Dark_Davey »

There is already a mod out that changes Wheat, and barley to Spring Planting. Just be patient, Modders will do wonders to this game in no time. Giants can't win, too Arcadey the Realism people come and complain, to realistic the Casual players complain. I have seen at least one GEO already, Been 3 days...
NorthernFarmer

Post by NorthernFarmer »

I am firmly in the other camp , love the new realistic direction . previously mods allowed us to add this required realism in so im sure mods will bring back teh arcade style gameplay for those who want it .

personally this is the best Fs yet - thumbs up Giants , totally bossed it !
bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim »

For those who don't know how to use menus and the fact that Giants doesn't appear to have to time to explain their own game:

Game Settings under the Seasons section:
  • Seasonal Growth to No = the crop calendar is removed, plant anything at anytime. It also disables to crop stagnation in winter
  • Days per month = how many 24 hour periods it takes to index to crop. If it is set to 1, the crop will index a growth stage every day. This is basically the crop growth speed. Each month indexes the crop if seasonal growth is set to no.
  • Fixed visual month = what foliage settings you want
  • Snow = off, I don't know it will snow or not if set to yes
I test this on the French map and every time I slept with the above settings the crops indexed a growth stage.

Daily maintenance cost is not displayed anywhere, but the farm house is $150 per day, which matches the XML file. When days per month is changed to 5, the cost per day goes to $30 per day. This means that the daily maintenance costs = sum(maintenance costs) / days per month. The daily cost seems to be the only potential downside of the new system, however I would hope Giants made a balance price and accounted for whatever differences exist so people who want play fast aren't overly punished. Even if it is the same, we're talking $150 over 5 days rather than $150 over 1-2 days, which is hardly a massive hit to the player; by the time the player has substantial daily costs, they should have steady income streams, so once again not an issue.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

I have always been of the opinion seasons was best left as a mod, as those who tended to use it normally wanted as many features as possible and those who preferred not to play that way in the majority were happy with the vanilla game. What we have ended up with is something neither side are overly happy with.
crash

Post by crash »

They could have cut the number of growing stages on each crop to suit it's real life growth time, let's say wheat, barley oats seeded in spring, needs 3-4 months. Overall the grow times for the crops are too long. And it would have helped if the crop calander followed a year, starting with January February, march as winter months, had April and may as spring, June, July, August as summer. September, October as fall. And november december as winter. This doesn't fit around the world, but most places there are fewer growing months than there are winter.. I just checked and the crop calendar are identical on elm creek and hout beleron, That don't make any sense either.
Xbox series s and pc :gamer:
In Norway
Pafarmer

Post by Pafarmer »

I think the problem for a lot of us I know me personally is that being on PS4 we have not gotten any patches yet. A lot of the options that people are talking about are still unavailable to us. We can’t adjust days per month and other things. I like the game so far and once we receive the updates I’m sure it will be fine.