Hyper-slow growth, 0 fun, dead game

FarmBoss

Re: Hyper-slow growth, 0 fun, dead game

Post by FarmBoss »

Pafarmer wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:35 pm I think the problem for a lot of us I know me personally is that being on PS4 we have not gotten any patches yet. A lot of the options that people are talking about are still unavailable to us. We can’t adjust days per month and other things. I like the game so far and once we receive the updates I’m sure it will be fine.
I think I've seen that in order to adjust days, you need to enable seasons, then adjust the days, then disable seasons again.
Mirk93

Post by Mirk93 »

It literally takes two minutes of sleep to get to sowing or harvesting month. I see a lot of unnecessary controversy. Furthermore, the community has been asking him all this for years and now there are those who say "better before". My god, people ....
gordon861

Post by gordon861 »

I generally like what they have done but I can't help feeling that the project has been finalised by a couple of teams that only spoke to each other briefly and some outcomes no longer make sense.

For example,
  • In FS19 we had options to start from scratch (or farm manager) and you could get right into it start planting crops and making some money. Without seasons you could turn up the speed of the crop growth and really get going. Now in FS22, you can no longer speed up crop growth with seasons turned off, instead if you want to harvest your crops quickly you will need to 120x through the game for around five days (if you chose the right crop) or you need to waste 150k on a sleep trigger in the form of an otherwise useless farm house.
  • In FS22 we appear to have a brand new system for crops and they appear (according to forum posts) to take different lengths of times to grow, where is this information in game?
  • We have new greenhouses, no information supplied about operations, from what I have seen they appear to just kick out small palettes constantly (although my lettuces seem broken).
  • We have different animals but from what I saw with the sheep there is no indication of the differences between the breeds. I am also a little concerned that my 'cocks' seem to be laying eggs.
  • We can lease vehicles but we aren't told the price until you've said yes.
  • Switch to map view and try to find what needs to be plowed and virtually the whole map shows in red, including the roads and buildings.
In summary, I think the implementation of the new features and seasons into FS22 is a mess, and there is no detail about how they are supposed to work. I again wonder if Giants 'know' how they are supposed to work themselves.

The 'amateur' team that produced the first Seasons did professional job of it and documented what was supposed to happen, and you could understand what they were trying to do.
With FS22, the 'professional' team have gone all amateur hour and put stuff out there with no documentation, made what appears to be odd decisions and then (like the FS19 launch) gone quiet and disappeared again.

I spent many hours in FS17/FS19 and so far have only spent a few hours in FS22 and these problems jumped out at me, what were your play testers doing? Where they just playing individual parts of the game in their little teams and no one actually trying to play a full game in the various modes?
--------------
Hey Giants, when are you going to pull your head out of your backsides and actually talk to us?
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

As with their other releases, you are their play testers.
TheGazbeard

Post by TheGazbeard »

Spider24 wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:34 am
TheGazbeard wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:29 pm While waiting, do contracts to make money and keep the crop overage in your own silo to sell when prices are high during the winter.
These are basic strategies.
I tried a couple of harvesting missions in Elm Creek while I was waiting for my fields to get to harvesting stage, and even though I harvested all of the mission fields, it reported back that I had only transported just 18% of the grain on both of them. So no crop overage for those missions. Spraying and Fertilizing missions worked ok though. Now I have to grow my own Oats and finish off the uncompleted missions.

I did notice that I managed to sleep straight after I had just woken up one morning, so unlike FS19, we might be able to go to sleep, even when we're not tired. I have to try that again tonight to confirm. I was waiting at 120x to get to 9pm or so, so I could go to sleep each day, when we might be able to skip time faster if we can sleep whenever we like....
I've seen a few people mention crop shortages on harvesting contracts and I've no idea what's causing that as I'm not seeing it (I'm actually building stock using crop overages for when prices hit their high in December/January). I did see it once or twice on FS19, but only on the Felsbrunn map, and only on potato crops (of all things - why potatoes? Grrrrr). Other times that I thought I saw it, it turned out I'd tipped one or more trailers at the wrong delivery point (dohhhhh) and that's on me not the game.

I will say though that I play on real time (x1 speed) with occasional speed ups to x5 for short periods to pull replacement contracts into the list. I also use 2-day months (i.e. 6-day seasons) on this first test playthrough, and have crop destruction turned off (that can be a major cause of crop shortages).

I play on PC - are you by any chance on console? If I'm remembering right, I've only seen console players commplain of crop shortages on contracts.
My FarmSim farms on YouTube - Gazbeard
My FarmSim farms on Twitch - TheGazbeard
KCHARRO

Post by KCHARRO »

If the logic does not fail me, the problem is that if you deactivate seasons, the growth stages are established per month; if we play with 1 day per month, everything is fine, but if we change to 5 days for example, the crop will not grow in 5 days, it will grow in months.

The perfect solution for everyone would be that with seasons deactivated the growth is adjusted to one stage per day, that is, I plant on day 1 and on day 5 or 6 I am harvesting no matter how many days a month has.

For FS19 I modified seasons so that a growth stage would increase daily, with seasons of 15 days (this is 5 days per month), I planted on day 1 and on day 6 I was ready, I collected and that same day I planted (which is the day 1 of the following month), so the cycle was completed in a month, this worked for me (I know it is not realistic) but it is my style of play (I am not tied to the field every day and I have time to do other things, more variety of weather events, I can work even when it is snowed which is great), and of course I thought it was going to be like that in FS22, but that's why I'm not going to shoot the game, or curse anyone, or criticize the Giants (for me they are an excellent team).

PLAYERS:
I see a lot of complaints ... but I don't see any idea ... why not help with something? Provide ideas, suggestions. Complaints are of no use.

GIANTS:
The solution to this controversy is simple ...

By deactivating the growth of seasons, make this advance to a growth stage that we can choose, for the number of days, (and not per month), so that everyone can play with the duration of growth they want.

You already did it by allowing us to choose how many days a month lasts.

I don't see why we can't choose in how many days the crops reach maturity.

and great job FS getting better ...

Greetings to all.
Natasha

Post by Natasha »

Yes we play a simulator to sit and play at 120x speed instead of realtime, please stop making excuses on the developer's behalf for broken mechanics, it's not cool.

How will we get things changed or fixed if people pretend everything is sunshine and rainbows.
Mirk93 wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:50 pm It literally takes two minutes of sleep to get to sowing or harvesting month. I see a lot of unnecessary controversy. Furthermore, the community has been asking him all this for years and now there are those who say "better before". My god, people ....
Skipping certain seasons is not a decent solution to the problem, we want to experience seasons not breaking the immersion by skipping to spring or autumn.
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

If you deactivate the Seasonal crop calender, crops do grow just 1 stage each night.

I am confused by some of the comments in this thread... you want no realism but also want realism. When you've made up your mind let us know. :confusednew:

If the game growth is still too slow for you maybe try a mobile game, they are generally less realistic and more casual. :lol:
Join the "Frontier Design" Discord: https://discord.gg/7P8ePvU
Miketeg

Post by Miketeg »

BulletBill wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:17 pm

I am confused by some of the comments in this thread... you want no realism but also want realism. When you've made up your mind let us know. :confusednew:
I'm pretty sure that was Giants fear when they thought about introducing more realistic features.
Has been dairy farmer - From Quebec, Canada
French is my first language, please excuse my English :-)
gordon861

Post by gordon861 »

Miketeg wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:20 pm
BulletBill wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:17 pm

I'm pretty sure that was Giants fear when they thought about introducing more realistic features.
A big part of the problem is that Giants haven't put the information anywhere that we can check to see what should be happening, there is no manual. The original Seasons had a shed load of documentation so you could read what should happen, FS22 is just guesswork.
--------------
Hey Giants, when are you going to pull your head out of your backsides and actually talk to us?
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

gordon861 wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:26 pm A big part of the problem is that Giants haven't put the information anywhere that we can check to see what should be happening, there is no manual. The original Seasons had a shed load of documentation so you could read what should happen, FS22 is just guesswork.
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't there a whole manual of sorts in the menu ingame if you press the esc key? The bottom tab. That explains the game features.

I also don't understand why some are getting so upset about having to wait 5-6 game days to harvest a field again.
Generally in each growth stage there is at least 1 task to do on the field. So it's not like your just skipping time constantly for that whole period.
Join the "Frontier Design" Discord: https://discord.gg/7P8ePvU
AndOnTheDrums

Post by AndOnTheDrums »

BulletBill wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:33 pm
gordon861 wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:26 pm A big part of the problem is that Giants haven't put the information anywhere that we can check to see what should be happening, there is no manual. The original Seasons had a shed load of documentation so you could read what should happen, FS22 is just guesswork.
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't there a whole manual of sorts in the menu ingame if you press the esc key? The bottom tab. That explains the game features.

I also don't understand why some are getting so upset about having to wait 5-6 game days to harvest a field again.
Generally in each growth stage there is at least 1 task to do on the field. So it's not like your just skipping time constantly for that whole period.
Giants is assuming players will want to use a wide range of game features (animals, production chains, greenhouses, bees, forestry, etc) and that players wont turn off every field option (stones, weeds, lime, plowing, etc). Id imagine players who just want to plant and harvest would get bored, but shoot - buy more fields or use smaller equipment, play at a higher speed, whatever.
farmer_bell

Post by farmer_bell »

I would have to admit, I am in the complete opposite camp to the OP.
I honestly love the changes to the growth and the timescales. It finally feels so much better.
I have played this game since FS09 and have may thousand hours in each title. I honestly think this is the first one I have actually been happy with on launch day. It has so much potential.
Dont get me wrong, it has its issues. The quiet sounds, some random bugs and for me, the missing equipment, such as the Rigi trac tractors and my fastbale baler!
I think the previous titles have catered much more for the casual players, the ones that just want cash and equipment quickly, banging out a harvest every 24 hours, I suppose I have always tried to play realistically, so for me, the changes have been all positive. I can see however, why the casual players are now getting frustrated. They have to change their entire style of play. Yes, its easy to hit the sleep trigger 7 or 8 times to get to the required day, but if you are used to crops being ready the next day, then it is a big change, and not an intuitive one. As some have said, if you have taken out a huge loan, then it will take its toll on the finances whilst you sleep. Maybe Giants can add in a way to revert the gameplay back to what it was for those that would prefer to play that way, or maybe the causal players have to adapt a now more simulator type game to be casual, in the same way that the more realistic players have had to adapt a casual game to their realistic preferences in the past.
roggek

Post by roggek »

farmer_bell wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:37 pm I would have to admit, I am in the complete opposite camp to the OP.
Did it ever hit you, that the OP was only "wanting attention" and starting a possible flame war, with a copy-paste text, both in german and english???
search.php?author_id=170130&sr=posts
And the OP has never answered any posts?

Even on Steam the same "copy-paste post" occurs, just for "attention":
https://steamcommunity.com/app/1248130/ ... 651111137/

Let this thread die...
Spider24

Post by Spider24 »

TheGazbeard wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:03 pm
Spider24 wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:34 am
TheGazbeard wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:29 pm While waiting, do contracts to make money and keep the crop overage in your own silo to sell when prices are high during the winter.
These are basic strategies.
I tried a couple of harvesting missions in Elm Creek while I was waiting for my fields to get to harvesting stage, and even though I harvested all of the mission fields, it reported back that I had only transported just 18% of the grain on both of them. So no crop overage for those missions. Spraying and Fertilizing missions worked ok though. Now I have to grow my own Oats and finish off the uncompleted missions.

I did notice that I managed to sleep straight after I had just woken up one morning, so unlike FS19, we might be able to go to sleep, even when we're not tired. I have to try that again tonight to confirm. I was waiting at 120x to get to 9pm or so, so I could go to sleep each day, when we might be able to skip time faster if we can sleep whenever we like....
I've seen a few people mention crop shortages on harvesting contracts and I've no idea what's causing that as I'm not seeing it (I'm actually building stock using crop overages for when prices hit their high in December/January). I did see it once or twice on FS19, but only on the Felsbrunn map, and only on potato crops (of all things - why potatoes? Grrrrr). Other times that I thought I saw it, it turned out I'd tipped one or more trailers at the wrong delivery point (dohhhhh) and that's on me not the game.

I will say though that I play on real time (x1 speed) with occasional speed ups to x5 for short periods to pull replacement contracts into the list. I also use 2-day months (i.e. 6-day seasons) on this first test playthrough, and have crop destruction turned off (that can be a major cause of crop shortages).

I play on PC - are you by any chance on console? If I'm remembering right, I've only seen console players commplain of crop shortages on contracts.
On PC, with 1 day seasons. I also remember being slightly short on a few contacts in FS19 years ago, but nothing like only getting 18% transported. Maybe it's an Oats thing on my map, as both fields were Oats? I was thinking about doing some silage bailing contacts, but I can see that one going pear shaped also. Maybe if a small field contract comes up I'll give it a go.

Crop destruction didn't affect fields that you didn't own in FS19, so you should get the full yield might if you harvest it all. I'm guessing that FS22 is the same? I didn't notice or double check it, as I stayed off the crop anyway.