Hyper-slow growth, 0 fun, dead game

Coldlandlord

Re: Hyper-slow growth, 0 fun, dead game

Post by Coldlandlord »

Why don’t you just use the sleep function to skip days? If you need a house, put the money in your save game and buy the house.
Coldlandlord

Post by Coldlandlord »

mirceast19 wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:04 pm
cedricthecat wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:06 pm
cwattyeso wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:37 pm Basically players who were used to being able to plant a crop and harvest it in the same game day in FS19 due to the Fast Growth Setting, are going to be very disappointed that in FS22, crop growth is far more realistic and time consuming.
Now I'm worried that I'm going to be spending more time "forward fasting" than actually playing the game.
It is very annoying to find important things that have changed for the worse.

First I waited 12 hours to download the game. Then I found that it doesn't look better than FS19, for me, it looks like a cartoon. It seems to me the smallest evolution (or just a little step back), compared to the differences between FS15-17 or FS17-19. Just sounds are better.

After the bugfest of first days of FS19 when the header was stuck in the ground in some fields, now I have to wait/sleep 10 days for the field to be ready?! What did I do wrong to receive such punishment? I dont like to try multiple jobs in same day, first I like to test/work every single plant. And it takes so much time.

This is not good.

You decided to download it on release day. It’s like people who camp outside the apple shop on I phone release day, complaining that the shop is busy!
You also had seen the information that has been out there for months so why the graphics are a shock to you, I don’t know?
As for the gameplay. It’s farming simulator, not combine arcade. Just press the button 10 times, time how long it takes and then tell me it’s still such a massive problem that warrants Giants spending a huge amount of time changing to satisfy a handful of people who want to play in such a uniquely unrealistic fashion after years of everyone telling them that they demand more realism.
Pafarmer

Post by Pafarmer »

Playing on PS4 still no update. Chose farm manager bought a field set a house on it and now I just sleep waiting for my crop. I’ll harvest it replant then go back to sleep for 10 months. I’m hoping when we get the update there will be a few more options. Really like the look and feel of the game but right now just feels like a sleep simulator.
English_farmer

Post by English_farmer »

Run contracts for extra income to buy more fields. Then plant different crops that need planting and harvesting at different times. Then you will always be busy
Pafarmer

Post by Pafarmer »

Contracts are hopefully part of the update can’t complete the ones I’ve tried. I’m sure once the patch gets out to PS4 users everything will be fine.
mackintosh

Post by mackintosh »

All they have to do is to implement a "skip to any day and time" feature. I'm sure it's not rocket science and it will in one whole swoop fix this entire kerfuffle.
Santaclaas

Post by Santaclaas »

It cant be that hard to add an option to choose how many days/months it takes for crops to grow. This turned into greenhouse simulator. Not very exciting
deerefarm

Post by deerefarm »

I agree with this topic. Giants needs to put back in the Fast/Medium growth speed for those that don't want seasons, or for those that are making videos.
Have been playing FS since FS 2011 came out and still going strong. *thumbsup*
Check out Dairy Air Farms https://www.youtube.com/c/DairyAirFarms
CMDRTAKEDOWN

Post by CMDRTAKEDOWN »

Santaclaas wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:08 am It cant be that hard to add an option to choose how many days/months it takes for crops to grow. This turned into greenhouse simulator. Not very exciting
I thought that you can just do that. I remember watching one of the dev's vid's seeded a field then say that ok got nothing to do now so will sleep till it was ready.
Then BOOM it was harvesting time. I was like yes that's how it should done.
PS4
PS5
Pafarmer

Post by Pafarmer »

Not on PS4. Maybe that will change with update but for now looks like we’re missing quite a few options.
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

ASOLANDRI wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:43 pm
Amarlich wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:25 pm
  • Canola 11 months
  • Wheat 10 months
  • Barley 9 months
  • Sunflowers 7 months
  • Soybeans 6 months
  • Corn 6 months
  • Sugar Beet 5 months
  • Oat 4 months
  • Sorghum 4 months
  • Grass 2 months
  • Oilseed Radish 1 month
So now you're telling Canola takes almost a year including the wheat. Very Unrealistic. *thumbsdown*
Not really. They are basing it on winter wheat not spring. We plant wheat irl in September and harvest in June/ July.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
ace54858

Post by ace54858 »

Pafarmer wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:39 pm Contracts are hopefully part of the update can’t complete the ones I’ve tried. I’m sure once the patch gets out to PS4 users everything will be fine.
don't forget there are collectables as well to find which give $1000. each and when collected 10 in a set you get $100,000. and i do think there are 100 total on the maps and then they show up some place as well just not sure where yet.
letsgo2u

Post by letsgo2u »

To everyone that says "use the sleep function"

Using it, means you skip the day and this will cause you to pay all the credit fees, maintenance cost, etc.
If you have rented equipment, you pay that too.

That's the issue we, the ones that are unhappy with how "No Seasons" was implemented, have.
Spider24

Post by Spider24 »

TheGazbeard wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:29 pm While waiting, do contracts to make money and keep the crop overage in your own silo to sell when prices are high during the winter.
These are basic strategies.
I tried a couple of harvesting missions in Elm Creek while I was waiting for my fields to get to harvesting stage, and even though I harvested all of the mission fields, it reported back that I had only transported just 18% of the grain on both of them. So no crop overage for those missions. Spraying and Fertilizing missions worked ok though. Now I have to grow my own Oats and finish off the uncompleted missions.

I did notice that I managed to sleep straight after I had just woken up one morning, so unlike FS19, we might be able to go to sleep, even when we're not tired. I have to try that again tonight to confirm. I was waiting at 120x to get to 9pm or so, so I could go to sleep each day, when we might be able to skip time faster if we can sleep whenever we like....
mirceast19

Post by mirceast19 »

Coldlandlord wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:09 pm
mirceast19 wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:04 pm
cedricthecat wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:06 pm

Now I'm worried that I'm going to be spending more time "forward fasting" than actually playing the game.
It is very annoying to find important things that have changed for the worse.

First I waited 12 hours to download the game. Then I found that it doesn't look better than FS19, for me, it looks like a cartoon. It seems to me the smallest evolution (or just a little step back), compared to the differences between FS15-17 or FS17-19. Just sounds are better.

After the bugfest of first days of FS19 when the header was stuck in the ground in some fields, now I have to wait/sleep 10 days for the field to be ready?! What did I do wrong to receive such punishment? I dont like to try multiple jobs in same day, first I like to test/work every single plant. And it takes so much time.

This is not good.

You decided to download it on release day. It’s like people who camp outside the apple shop on I phone release day, complaining that the shop is busy!
You also had seen the information that has been out there for months so why the graphics are a shock to you, I don’t know?
As for the gameplay. It’s farming simulator, not combine arcade. Just press the button 10 times, time how long it takes and then tell me it’s still such a massive problem that warrants Giants spending a huge amount of time changing to satisfy a handful of people who want to play in such a uniquely unrealistic fashion after years of everyone telling them that they demand more realism.

If somebody or many people "demand more realism", very good, add more options about that. People want Seasons? Very good, add the option for Seasons on. Are there people that dont want Seasons? Very good, turn it off. Somebody asked for growth plant to be set "more realism" at 10/13/5 days/weeks/months etc ? Very good, add this option. But they asked like an option to change/choose that, not to remove at all the options about Plants Growth.

You did not get the point of this thread. It is about options that we got in FS15, 17, 19 and people need options - the option to choose what you want, your style, your game, your crops, your animals, your forest. Nobody asked for less options.