Hyper-slow growth, 0 fun, dead game

Illinois Farmer

Re: Hyper-slow growth, 0 fun, dead game

Post by Illinois Farmer »

To iconia star,
First never said you feel like you got cheated out of money was dumb. I said your logic that giants stole new equipment from modders was a dumb argument. There is a difference there. I understand you feel cheated of 60 dollars for a rebrand fs19. Fs22 will be better than fs19 once updates come out just like fs19 was rather bad at the beginning too.
To your similar point: that's why you shouldn't jump to conclusions and do some research before blaming someone from stealing content. That is a big accusation that has caused a lot of problem in the fa world in the passed.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Iconia Star

Post by Iconia Star »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 4:43 pm To iconia star,
First never said you feel like you got cheated out of money was dumb. I said your logic that giants stole new equipment from modders was a dumb argument. There is a difference there. I understand you feel cheated of 60 dollars for a rebrand fs19. Fs22 will be better than fs19 once updates come out just like fs19 was rather bad at the beginning too.
To your similar point: that's why you shouldn't jump to conclusions and do some research before blaming someone from stealing content. That is a big accusation that has caused a lot of problem in the fa world in the passed.
You didn't say that my feeling cheated was dumb. you said my logic was. I still hold to the opinion that Production Chains are stolen from Global Company, you're convinced that it's not. That's not "dumb logic" that's an opinion and the only people who know for sure are Giants

So to have an opinion, I'm required to search every version and every mod stretching all the way back to 2015?

Do you think that not one single machine introduced into the new base game started as a mod or is every single machine from all versions originally part of previous versions that were removed?

Of course, sometimes I'm going to jump to some conclusions. That's human nature. You jumped to the conclusion that I was mad at Giants for implementing mods into the base game even when I repeatedly said that I'm not. Did you do enough research to come to that conclusion?

Was that reply short enough for you?
mackintosh

Post by mackintosh »

Like I said in my previous comment, GIANTS have hired community members in the past, who brought their mods along and implemented them - in one way or another, in the base game. It is also entirely possible to independently come up with the same idea (eg. radio) without it constituting plagiarism. Yes, modders may have released their work first, but they are unconstrained by production schedules and other exigencies. Developers can't simply insert every brilliant idea into the final product on a whim. Some of these features might have been on the drawing board and in planning for years, if not since the beginning.
Illinois Farmer

To iconia star:
Once again I said your logic was dumb on MACHINERY being added not global companies. They changed the script. Yes, I believe giants created the base tractors and equipment from scratch, even if it started way back in fs11. Yes you should do some research about pervious games before claiming the owner of the game stole from people. You have literally wrote essays on giants stealing mods from modders so I flipped on you of modders taking base game equipment from giants and improving them. That didn't bother you as you said, but the latter does. How does that make sense? You make videos/ money off giants games right? Isn't that stealing the product for your own wealth? Edit: also yes do research before coming with conclusions, don't blame you being naive on human nature. If more people did their research before jumping to conclusions then we wouldn't have a many problems in this world as we do. I bet you blame every cop for every cop shooting too because you don't know what actually happens and listen to certain TV stations.

Mackintosh, yeah I agree with you.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Iconia Star

Post by Iconia Star »

mackintosh wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:45 pm Like I said in my previous comment, GIANTS have hired community members in the past, who brought their mods along and implemented them - in one way or another, in the base game. It is also entirely possible to independently come up with the same idea (eg. radio) without it constituting plagiarism. Yes, modders may have released their work first, but they are unconstrained by production schedules and other exigencies. Developers can't simply insert every brilliant idea into the final product on a whim. Some of these features might have been on the drawing board and in planning for years, if not since the beginning.
Good on Giants for hiring community members but what does that have to do with the price of fish? In those instances it's clear where the ideas come from and Giants aren't taking credit for them. They're saying outright. "We're hiring this person and they're going to add their mod into the base game."

It's also entirely possible to plagiarise and idea and take credit for it. Neither of us can say for sure that it did or did not happen. That's the point of having different opinions. The only people who know for sure whether or not this happened are Giants and no one needs to question them because they did create the original base game completely from scratch and they did a good job developing it over the years.

Whether or not hey had these ideas have been on the drawing board for years is again only known by Giants. It's possible that they had those plans and just didn't have the technology or the know-how to implement them. Not plausible but certainly possible. It's always going to be the case where more people are going to have more different ideas and some ideas that are so similar that they look like they collaborated.

I understand where you're coming from here. I just see it in a different way than you do. That doesn't mean either of us is wrong (or right) about anything that we say about it. We'll also, probably, never know which of us is correct.

Thanks for your input, I'll certainly take your statement under consideration.

((Sorry, I might not have seen your previous comment or forgotten about it. I have a terrible memory :D ))
plowboy1992

Post by plowboy1992 »

Iconia Star wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 6:09 pm
mackintosh wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:45 pm Like I said in my previous comment, GIANTS have hired community members in the past, who brought their mods along and implemented them - in one way or another, in the base game. It is also entirely possible to independently come up with the same idea (eg. radio) without it constituting plagiarism. Yes, modders may have released their work first, but they are unconstrained by production schedules and other exigencies. Developers can't simply insert every brilliant idea into the final product on a whim. Some of these features might have been on the drawing board and in planning for years, if not since the beginning.
Good on Giants for hiring community members but what does that have to do with the price of fish? In those instances it's clear where the ideas come from and Giants aren't taking credit for them. They're saying outright. "We're hiring this person and they're going to add their mod into the base game."

It's also entirely possible to plagiarise and idea and take credit for it. Neither of us can say for sure that it did or did not happen. That's the point of having different opinions. The only people who know for sure whether or not this happened are Giants and no one needs to question them because they did create the original base game completely from scratch and they did a good job developing it over the years.

Whether or not hey had these ideas have been on the drawing board for years is again only known by Giants. It's possible that they had those plans and just didn't have the technology or the know-how to implement them. Not plausible but certainly possible. It's always going to be the case where more people are going to have more different ideas and some ideas that are so similar that they look like they collaborated.

I understand where you're coming from here. I just see it in a different way than you do. That doesn't mean either of us is wrong (or right) about anything that we say about it. We'll also, probably, never know which of us is correct.

Thanks for your input, I'll certainly take your statement under consideration.

((Sorry, I might not have seen your previous comment or forgotten about it. I have a terrible memory :D ))
is that it? are you finished now? can people get on about the game?
Iconia Star

Post by Iconia Star »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:52 pm To iconia star:
Once again I said your logic was dumb on MACHINERY being added not global companies. They changed the script. Yes, I believe giants created the base tractors and equipment from scratch, even if it started way back in fs11. Yes you should do some research about pervious games before claiming the owner of the game stole from people. You have literally wrote essays on giants stealing mods from modders so I flipped on you of modders taking base game equipment from giants and improving them. That didn't bother you as you said, but the latter does. How does that make sense? You make videos/ money off giants games right? Isn't that stealing the product for your own wealth? Edit: also yes do research before coming with conclusions, don't blame you being naive on human nature. If more people did their research before jumping to conclusions then we wouldn't have a many problems in this world as we do. I bet you blame every cop for every cop shooting too because you don't know what actually happens and listen to certain TV stations.

Mackintosh, yeah I agree with you.
First:

Even if I'm completely wrong about the machinery mods being stolen, My logic isn't "dumb". It's just opinion.

Second:

If I did research every version and every mod just to make sure I can't make a single mistake, I'd be at it all year and I'd never get to play the game.

Third:

I was never bothered about Giants implementing mods into the base game. I don't know how many times I have to tell you that. I hope this is the last time.

Fourth:

Nope. Never made a video on Giants games (I tried but couldn't make it interesting enough). Don't monetise my videos. Never made a penny from doing videos. It's a hobby not a source of income. I have no idea where you got that idea from. Oh did you not do your research before making that assertion? :lol:

Finally:

Why are we bringing police shootings into the conversation. I've never blamed a police officer for shooting someone without facts. I'm not in America, the police in my country don't carry firearms (except the flying squad who only deal with hostage situations and acts of terrorism,) and I don't even own a TV. My opinions or lack thereof concerning real life police shootings have nothing at all to do with Giants Software or Farming simulator. They have no place in this conversation.

Thank you for your attention!
snyperal

Post by snyperal »

mackintosh wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:12 pm Yes, I'm cognisant of potential issues here, but keeping track of our chores and leases is squarely on us. I suppose they could throw in a reminder pop-up that we have an outstanding lease before committing.
Perfect, also a reminder about animals...

But yup, it would certainly cater for the casual gamer. Harvest, and reseed, jump time forward a couple of months to add fert. Jog it on until Harvest day, rinse and repeat...
gordon861

Post by gordon861 »

mackintosh wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:33 pm I've said it before, and I'll say it again - all we need is an option to skip to a precise date, not just to the next day. This will fix all this mess in one swoop.
This would make sense but if you were to do this they would really need to add a calendar of some sort so you can see when things are expected to happen.

Regarding the introduction of Seasons, I think the option to have Seasons available as an option in the base game was a good one. The problem is that they appear to have created a Seasons-lite version of Season rather than the full version. Took away rain degrading crops left out and the multi-pass drying of grass/hay, probably other features too.

And then if you didn't want to play Seasons-lite, rather than leave the base game as it was in FS17/19 (probably earlier too but I started with FS17) they ripped out the weather part of Seasons but kept the rest (time required to grow crops etc). So what you end up with is an end to the very casual game everyone was expecting and instead a Seasons/Casual-hybrid.
--------------
Hey Giants, when are you going to pull your head out of your backsides and actually talk to us?
Illinois Farmer

Iconia Star wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:16 am
Why would it be so wrong for me to expect Giants to come up with their own ideas instead of just stealing the ideas of the players and taking credit for them. Why is it so hard for Giants to put a little note in their game along the lines of "With the help of the modders and the people who played the mods we've improved the basic game so that you don't lag out because you have 150 mods installed."

I was planning to use FS22 to revitalize my YouTube channel with a new idea for tying all future games together. How would that even be possible when all I'm doing is hitting the snooze button? My problem not theirs.
The point is... this isn't a new game or even a new version. It's the old game where the players are being forced to accept mods which they may or may not like without the ability to turn off the parts that they don't want.

As I said. Giants didn't create this game, the modders did. Giants just ripped us all off.
The part about YouTube I'm sorry I read it wrong, you were planning to use it but it is too boring for you. Also you bought up the mods in base as all the new machinery giants have stolen.
The point about the research is don't draw conclusions just because you see one thing. I'm not telling you to review every mod, I'm suggesting if you think someone stole something do research first.
Lastly, your last comment of Giants didn't create the game but ripped it from modders is DUMB. That may be your opinion, but it is still dumb. Modders expand the game by Giants make it and have since like 08 or 09.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

gordon861 wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 6:50 pm The problem is that they appear to have created a Seasons-lite version of Season rather than the full version. Took away rain degrading crops left out and the multi-pass drying of grass/hay, probably other features too.
Can you imagine if Giants had added that? People are already complaining that they can't plant and harvest on the same day (even though they can insta-skip entire days). Imagine if they lost 1% of a haybale because it rained. :lol:

"Bale-degraded, 0 feed, dead cows"

As to the "Giants stole the game from modders"... Go play FS2008 and report back if you still think Giants shouldn't incorporate any new ideas/features into a new version.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
gordon861

Post by gordon861 »

fenixguy wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:01 pm
gordon861 wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 6:50 pm The problem is that they appear to have created a Seasons-lite version of Season rather than the full version. Took away rain degrading crops left out and the multi-pass drying of grass/hay, probably other features too.
Can you imagine if Giants had added that? People are already complaining that they can't plant and harvest on the same day (even though they can insta-skip entire days). Imagine if they lost 1% of a haybale because it rained. :lol:

"Bale-degraded, 0 feed, dead cows"
But that's the point, the people playing Seasons previously were happy with this functionality and realism, but it was removed for some reason which I can't really work out. It would have been better to have 'Bail Degradation', 'Grass Drying' and 'Dead Animals' default to off but allow them to be turned on in options as they do with weeding, occasional plowing and crop destruction.
--------------
Hey Giants, when are you going to pull your head out of your backsides and actually talk to us?
mackintosh

Post by mackintosh »

Nothing was removed though. This is a GIANTS implementation and their vision for seasonal farming. The Seasons mod may or may not come back, but if it does, I'm guessing so will its features.
Iconia Star

Post by Iconia Star »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 6:57 pm
You crossed a very sensitive line with your police shootings comment. Our conversation is over. This is the last I will respond to you.

Thank you for your attention!
Illinois Farmer

Sorry your feelings got hurt, but facts still lay the truth. Neither did is 100 percent innocent but you can find out by research.