Hyper-slow growth, 0 fun, dead game

yudia

Hyper-slow growth, 0 fun, dead game

Post by yudia »

Approximate growth times at x120 speed:

for plants at x120 - 8 days of play, 96 real minutes, more than 1 hour and a half waiting.
for trees at x120 - 40 days of play, 480 real minutes, 8 hours waiting.

While you wait, the interest on the loan will ruin you (if you start from scratch, the farm is born with 200,000 debts); machines get old and ruin you; animals eat, mess and ruin you.

For a gigantic farm, with thousands of animals, hundreds of machines and everything bought, it may work a little better, but for others and all those who start from scratch it is impossible.

Boredom, despair, sadness, disappointment, horror ...

The only solution today: dedicate yourself to forestry, it will take a long time for trees to grow but those trees will give you work for months, I am a lucky man, I always liked forestry.

Long-term solution: that in a future update the game is modified and when stations are deactivated, hyper-slow growth is also deactivated, and return to life-long growth ignoring the months.

Sleeping to get through the days is not a solution, it is slow and a multitude of problems, installing the x9000 mod is not a solution, slow synchronization and a multitude of problems.

Does anyone have words for me, to cheer me up a bit? I have played thousands of hours in each of the FS since its birth, but in this I do not see a future. :(
Thrangolem

Re: Hyper-slow growth, 0 fun, dead game

Post by Thrangolem »

i have the same problem, you need to wait like 5 - 9 days when a field is ready, i have more sleep hours in game then using a tractor
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

How many days a month are you playing with?

And, you know you can turn off seasonal growth right?
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
chale8

Post by chale8 »

I've turned seasons off and have the same issue with months set to one day. Would setting the month to more days make it better or worse? I might get into seasons later on but at the moment I have enough going on and am happy to just play in summer.
NickelPlate

Post by NickelPlate »

Time dynamics have really changed with the advent of seasons. But can't you turn it off? The best way to speed along time is to sleep at the farmhouse for days/months until ready to harvest.
TheGazbeard

Post by TheGazbeard »

It's as if adding a crop calendar and seasonal cycles tries to copy real life - you plant in spring and wait until autumn to harvest (or in the case of winter crops - you plant in summer/autumn and harvest the following summer).

Making your ingame seasons longer will mean you wait longer between planting and harvesting - that should be blindingly obvious even to a deaf man.

While waiting, do contracts to make money and keep the crop overage in your own silo to sell when prices are high during the winter.
These are basic strategies.
My FarmSim farms on YouTube - Gazbeard
My FarmSim farms on Twitch - TheGazbeard
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

There is no Crop Growth Speed anymore in Farming Simulator 22, Crop Growth is determined by the Crop Cycle Calendar. Even if you have Season Cycles turned off in game, that allows you to plant what you want when you want, the crop growth is still fixed to 10 months, meaning you won't be able to harvest the crop you plant until you have advanced 10 months. Depending on how many days you are playing per month and how fast your game speed is set to will greatly determine how long it takes for the crop to come round to the harvest stage.

Basically players who were used to being able to plant a crop and harvest it in the same game day in FS19 due to the Fast Growth Setting, are going to be very disappointed that in FS22, crop growth is far more realistic and time consuming.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
chale8

Post by chale8 »

I’m hoping the fast growth setting comes back in a patch, I know it’s less realistic but it’s great for casual play.

Things will get easier once contracts are fixed, at the moment it’s a case of planting a field and then waiting for months with no harvesting contracts because they won’t complete. Getting past the early stages and earning enough to buy land and bigger machinery’s going to be a real slog at the moment.
English_farmer

Post by English_farmer »

Wierd. I've completed quite a few harvest contracts already. Just finished a sugar beet harvest for £17,000 with enough spare for me to earn another £16,000 from that on top.
cedricthecat

Post by cedricthecat »

cwattyeso wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:37 pm There is no Crop Growth Speed anymore in Farming Simulator 22, Crop Growth is determined by the Crop Cycle Calendar. Even if you have Season Cycles turned off in game, that allows you to plant what you want when you want, the crop growth is still fixed to 10 months, meaning you won't be able to harvest the crop you plant until you have advanced 10 months. Depending on how many days you are playing per month and how fast your game speed is set to will greatly determine how long it takes for the crop to come round to the harvest stage.

Basically players who were used to being able to plant a crop and harvest it in the same game day in FS19 due to the Fast Growth Setting, are going to be very disappointed that in FS22, crop growth is far more realistic and time consuming.
:( That sounds like a real PITA...

My preferred method (on all of the previous iterations of FS I've played on) has been to have time set to normal (so no multipliers/speeding up) with crop growth on the fastest speed. Then I I have always played in daylight, and when it's got too dark, advanced time enough to allow the sleep trigger to become available, and slept through the night to continue work the next morning. By then of course, any crops I've planted are available to harvest. Of course, this isn't realistic, but it's worked for me!

Now I'm worried that I'm going to be spending more time "forward fasting" than actually playing the game.

My copy has dropped through the letterbox literally 30 minutes ago, so hoping that when I get to have a look at it later on, it's not going to tarnish things too much...
Played FS2013 and FS15 on PS3
Playing FS17, FS19 and now FS22 on PS4
Playing FS22 on PC
//www.natterzone.net
bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim »

Two things,

1) turn off seasons
2) you can sleep anytime, not at a specific time as in the past games. You can literally run a full year of game time in less than 20 minutes if so desired. Pick the desired wake up time and go.
cedricthecat

Post by cedricthecat »

chale8 wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:03 pm I’m hoping the fast growth setting comes back in a patch, I know it’s less realistic but it’s great for casual play.

Things will get easier once contracts are fixed, at the moment it’s a case of planting a field and then waiting for months with no harvesting contracts because they won’t complete. Getting past the early stages and earning enough to buy land and bigger machinery’s going to be a real slog at the moment.
The two BIBs

Casual play is what I want the game for, so hoping this hasn't gone!

I don't want pleasure to be a slog!
Playing FS22 on PC
//www.natterzone.net
cedricthecat

Post by cedricthecat »

bossmanslim wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:07 pm Two things,

1) turn off seasons
2) you can sleep anytime, not at a specific time as in the past games. You can literally run a full year of game time in less than 20 minutes if so desired. Pick the desired wake up time and go.
That's something I didn't realise - thanks for the tip!

Perhaps this will balance things out then :)
Playing FS22 on PC
//www.natterzone.net
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

I didn't know you could sleep at any time! Sounds like this one's solved then.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
letsgo2u

Post by letsgo2u »

Its not solved because on dedicated servers you can not use the sleep function.

You can also not keep the game running at 120 speed.

The current implementation just doesnt work.

why not give us back plant growth when Season is deactivated ingame?