Hyper-slow growth, 0 fun, dead game

garyst

Re: Hyper-slow growth, 0 fun, dead game

Post by garyst »

I would be happy if they were to shorten the time it takes for cotton to grow and wheat. Also fix the other fields on the map that wither and never change again.
gr4474

Post by gr4474 »

Amarlich wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:25 pm The growth time differs for each crop, they are the follows:
  • Poplar 13 months
  • Canola 11 months
  • Sugarcane 10 months
  • Wheat 10 months
  • Barley 9 months
  • Cotton 8 months
  • Sunflowers 7 months
  • Potatoes 7 months
  • Olives 7 months
  • Grapes 6 months
  • Soybeans 6 months
  • Corn 6 months
  • Sugar Beet 5 months
  • Oat 4 months
  • Sorghum 4 months
  • Grass 2 months
  • Oilseed Radish 1 month
With Seasonal Growth off, you can easily use double cropping. *thumbsup*

(Crops 101) Introduction to Crop Types: Overview
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HTo0_imrWI[/youtube]

Sugarcane 7 months
Wheat 7 months
Barley 6 months
Cotton 8 months
Sunflowers 7 months
Potatoes 5 months
Olives 4 months
Grapes 5 months
Soybeans 6 months
Corn 6 months
Sugar Beet 5 months
Oat 4 months
Sorghum 4 months
Grass 2 months
Oilseed Radish 1 month
yudia

Post by yudia »

roggek wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:25 am
farmer_bell wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:37 pm I would have to admit, I am in the complete opposite camp to the OP.
Did it ever hit you, that the OP was only "wanting attention" and starting a possible flame war, with a copy-paste text, both in german and english???
search.php?author_id=170130&sr=posts
And the OP has never answered any posts?

Even on Steam the same "copy-paste post" occurs, just for "attention":
https://steamcommunity.com/app/1248130/ ... 651111137/

Let this thread die...
I won't let it die so easily, it will die but not so soon

I have published in several forums yes, to reach more people and not to miss the message; On steam, in German and in English, although I don't speak German or English. If I have not written again it is because I am trying to play, to start playing, but I only find problems and more problems, now I have another problem with the price of wood, the last truck of wood that I sold they paid me 5 euros.

I have been playing FS since the first year, approximately 10,000 hours, and I think I have the right to give my opinion.

I have to say that I only play multiplayer, in the internet age it is normal to take advantage of technologies and play with more people. And if you play multiplayer it is impossible to work with these slow growths, completely impossible !!!. Nitrado dedicated server doesn't have to be happy with this slow growth, like many players.

Setting the game 1day / 1month and having to wait 13 days for a crop to grow, 13 months, 156 real minutes, is an aberration, it is killing the game, it is destroying the game economy, it is completely ending the fun.

But it seems good to me that there is this option of slow growth and by seasons, for those who want to complicate their life, because it is good to have varied options.

But realism always has a limit and too much realism can have a negative effect, because whoever enters a game does it to enjoy, not to find one problem after another.

Please Giants, if you read this, add in the game options the normal growth of a lifetime, the one that took you to the top, made you grow and earn money, a fan asks you.

Greetings..
Last edited by yudia on Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JaGoose

Post by JaGoose »

It works out quite well for me personally. I run a Cereal Factory and I have Oat, Grape and Corn ready to harvest on consecutive days. This gives me plenty of time to get my field work done and keep an eye on my Bees and Grennhouses. Not having to skip many days as I always seem to have something to do. Money is certainly slower but I am making a profit and adding things as and when I need them or can afford them. if it's on sale I can get it a little sooner.

I don't use seasonal growth so I can set my own harvest times. Just started my second year and the money is starting to get much better now I have my Factory stocked up. Next will be a small addition of Sheep so I can stokpile the wool ready to get the Spinnery up and running in a couple of years.
h3rich

Post by h3rich »

Crops take time to grow. It's much better with the new system!
dreatern

Post by dreatern »

h3rich wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:08 pm Crops take time to grow. It's much better with the new system!
Great! The new system is in place for everyone to enjoy it as it it.

People are complaining for the lack of an option that was removed from the game.
Play the way you want and let people play however they want.

Options and different ways to customize the game are always welcome, and does not harm anyone's game, only the lack of options is harmful.

I hope they bring the option back or a new option to fit the new system, working with or without seasons.
thumbwiz

Post by thumbwiz »

yudia wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:45 pm
Please Giants, if you read this, add in the game options the normal growth of a lifetime, the one that took you to the top, made you grow and earn money, a fan asks you.
They have your money, they don't need to listen anymore.
X1 / PC gaming
Ontario, Canada
Erscal

Post by Erscal »

FS19:
1) all crops had 4 stages
2) every stage growth time was set in the fruit definition
3) the updates were done every ingame hour or something like that, for sure less than 24h
4) you could disable withering to avoid any rush

FS22:
1) every crop has different stages, up to 15 but no less than 6
2) the growth time is set at 1 stage every x days, at least 1 (either in seasonal and no seasonal growth)
3) updates are done at midnight only
4) no way to disable withering, if you don't keep track of each one of your fields you may lose lots of income...

Result:
1) when you could have a complete growth in less than one ingame day before, now you have to wait AT LEAST 6 ingame days now.
2) you had many options to slow down or accelerate growth time before, now you have the slow option, the slower option and the slowest option, and all 3 may be slower than the slowest cycle in FS19
3) your main activity will be looking at the map to plan your next 5 or 6 ingame days to avoid any withering

I understand the folks who want to play realistically, but everyone - Giants expecially - must understand that there are other people who don't like to have FS22 open doing nothing and running at 120x waiting for the next stages, or working the map and the job times to intersect transporting goods with harvesting fields.
There are people like me who just want to enjoy watching the machinery do their jobs, switching activity as the mind goes, not worrying about that field nearing harvest state etc.
Plus, with the addition of the production lines, I'm expecting a LOT of new industries coming soon, allowing for many more activities outside of field working therefore raising the planning difficulty higher and higher, at least for the solo players.

The solution would be a simple change to the cycle setting, allowing hourly updates down to whatever, 1 hour, 2, 4....still less than the 24 hours/1 day we have now as the fastest, AND allow us to disable withering (and no, pausing the growth cycle isn't really user friendly).
I know we can change an xml file to allow for a single day growth, but we would lose all the intermediate stages therefore no fertilizing, no weeding, no stone removals and so on, that's not really a solution.

That's my 0,02 euros.

(I had a discussion elsewhere, when everyone was agreeing that forcing grinding on the players was the easiest way to say "my game is longer than the others" without thinkering with additional maps/scenarios/storylines; I don't want to say the same about FS22 but all hints seem to point in that direction......).
crash

Post by crash »

-Why not start the year with January?
-why have longer crop grow times than what's normal out in the real world? And following that, why so many growth stages? For a more fluid look? Each crop should/could have as many grow stages as it takes in the real world for it to mature/ripen, in other words 1stage for each month it grows out in the real world. Or two stages, two each month..
-what month spring is, and when to plant should be different different places around the world.
-why can't I plant wheat, barley and canola in the spring, its a pretty normal thing..

Playing with 1 day seasons and real time, sleeping whenever there's nothing to do works fine. The crop calendar is a bigger issue
Xbox series s and pc :gamer:
In Norway
roggek

Post by roggek »

yudia wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:45 pm Setting the game 1day / 1month and having to wait 13 days for a crop to grow, 13 months, 156 real minutes, is an aberration, it is killing the game, it is destroying the game economy, it is completely ending the fun

Greetings..
There is your main problem, you focus on ONE crop at a time. Multitasking things in FS22 is standard.

Try to grow 3 or 4 different crops (according to the growth calendar), move grass, tedding grass to hay, windrowing hay, bale hay, feed your animals with the baled hay...

Deliver cows milk, produce butter and cheese...
Transport the butter and cheese to the supermarket...
There is plenty of things to do in the game if you "think outside the box"...

Then you will see that the game isn't so bad after all.

If you focus solely on one thing, FS22 is very boring...
rasilo

Post by rasilo »

roggek wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:42 pm If you focus solely on one thing, FS22 is very boring...
You first have to put some 100+ hours into to game to have such a broad range of activities available to you.
roggek

Post by roggek »

rasilo wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:51 pm
roggek wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:42 pm If you focus solely on one thing, FS22 is very boring...
You first have to put some 100+ hours into to game to have such a broad range of activities available to you.
Really?
I have put in about 72 hrs, but I maybe doing it wrong???

I have 15 cows, one greenhouse(with lettuce, tomatoes and strawberries), I bought the dairy for 50.000 (which produces both butter and milk sold to the supermarket), mowing grass all day long, tedding the grass to hay, baling the hay, feeding the cows, delivering milk to the dairy, take the products from the dairy to the supermarket...

That's a "broad range of activities" with monetary payback.

Just looking at a field growing, isn't longer the main purpose of Farming Simulator anymore...
But some people don't realize that, sadly...

Start small, then advance.
mirceast19

Post by mirceast19 »

roggek wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:42 pm There is your main problem, you focus on ...
Wouldn't it be more fun, in a game, to have options and not problems?! It is a game, so lets have fun and options and play the way we want, not problems.

Why an option from FS17 and FS19 is now called a problem in FS22? Surely not the lack of options is the real problem?

Life, and same as a game, is not about black and white, yes/no, but we must have the option to choose the gray, the way we want, especially after so many years we were used to be free to choose. More options, not less.
roggek

Post by roggek »

mirceast19 wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:42 pm
roggek wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:42 pm There is your main problem, you focus on ...
Wouldn't it be more fun, in a game, to have options and not problems?! It is a game, so lets have fun and options and play the way we want, not problems.

Why an option from FS17 and FS19 is now called a problem in FS22? Surely not the lack of options is the real problem?

Life, and same as a game, is not about black and white, yes/no, but we must have the option to choose the gray, the way we want, especially after so many years we were used to be free to choose. More options, not less.
In this case, no.
The problem is that people have to plan ahead more than in FS17 and FS19.
FS22 is a whole new game concept.

People are first complaining about "the lack of a farming sim with seasons and reality", and when FS22 arrives, with crop calendar, seasons and crops which aren't ready to harvest the "next day", they start complaining about "a dull boring game" or a "easy"-mode fix...

I never heard anyone complaining that, as an example; Flight Simulator needs an "arcade style"-mode.
People struggle with the cockpits flips and switches, practice on start and landing and thats it...

Its a simulator.
A simulator simulates "the real world" in one or another way.

If you(or someone else) want to play farming simulators with an "aracde style" where the crops magically appear the day after seeding, there is a plethora of "copycats to FS-series", sadly not as half as good as FS22.

#donttouchmyFS22
Last edited by roggek on Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yudia

Post by yudia »

Do you think the growth of plants is slow? That is because you do not know the mechanics of wood. Sell 100,000 euros of wood, that's the limit, and then you will have to sleep 30 times, wait 30 days, to be able to sell 1 more truck of wood that costs 30,000, since the limit increases 1,000 every day.
This game should not be sold, it is a scam in comparison to the previous ones.