Hyper-slow growth, 0 fun, dead game

Iconia Star

Re: Hyper-slow growth, 0 fun, dead game

Post by Iconia Star »

Illinois Farmer.

Considering all you're trying to do is discredit and defame my character, like comparing me to people who would start riots as if that's even on the same level, you're opinion means nothing! If you don't like my "essays", I hereby invite you to stop reading them. Otherwise, I'll write as much as I want about my own personal opinions.
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Well all you write about is how giants is stealing, but don't want to do the work to actually see or believe others, like seb, first hand account about how mod.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Iconia Star

Post by Iconia Star »

I'm not legally required to believe anyone about anything. As far as I'm concerned Seb has a vested interest in making that post. He can write it all he wants. I cannot be forced to accept it.

You don't believe me? I don't care!

(EDIT: I never said I didn't believe Seb)
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Iconia Star - I have read this whole thread, top to bottom, page by page, which was probably a waste of time on my part as this is not a very productive thread in the slightest. However, I'm very curious as to what you're trying to argue. I'm struggling to understand your point of view, because as I'm reading, it sounds like you think Giants is stealing the ideas of mods from the playerbase, incorporating them into the game, and not giving credits to the modders, which to me sounds baffling. So if you could clarify your position and evidence on this situation, or correct me on my interpretation of your opinion, that would be greatly appreciated.
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
Iconia Star

Post by Iconia Star »

Dairydeere wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 5:50 am Iconia Star - I have read this whole thread, top to bottom, page by page, which was probably a waste of time on my part as this is not a very productive thread in the slightest. However, I'm very curious as to what you're trying to argue. I'm struggling to understand your point of view, because as I'm reading, it sounds like you think Giants is stealing the ideas of mods from the playerbase, incorporating them into the game, and not giving credits to the modders, which to me sounds baffling. So if you could clarify your position and evidence on this situation, or correct me on my interpretation of your opinion, that would be greatly appreciated.
My exact opinion is simple.

Farming Simulator 22 is nothing more than Farming Simulator 19 with a few of the more popular mods implemented as part of the base game. There are parts that are completely original ideas (Grapes and Olives) but that's all.

I have to admit that I don't know what you find baffling, I've explained it in so many ways, I can't think of any other way to put it.

I've been trying to stop talking about it for so long though. This part of the conversation has nothing to do with the original topic, I just happened to respond to someone else when they brought it up.
ED209v2

Post by ED209v2 »

Iconia Star

Post by Iconia Star »

ED209v2 wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:47 am Try Paragraph 7

https://www.farming-simulator.com/terms ... itions.php
Okay. It still means the same thing. FS22 is just FS19 with some of the mods implemented into the base game.

At no point have I said that the mod creators have a legal right to sue Giants... or even that they SHOULD. At no point have I said that Giants did anything morally or legally wrong.

All I've said is that FS22 is FS19 with mods charged at the full price as if we didn't already have the game.
Aholz89

Post by Aholz89 »

For me FS22 is completely different from FS19. Yes the gameplay it self is the same, but with a lot more improvements on visuals, sounds, building, models and AI features.

Funny how different our opinions can be.
Came here for information, stayed for the entertainment.
chedder_farms

Post by chedder_farms »

Iconio Star, you need to realize there are a few people here that will argue with you non-stop (Illinois Farmer, Dairydeere, Blue_painter, plowboy1992, I'm surprised DEERE317 hasn't been around lately). They'll try to make you out to be the bad person, even though it was them that engaged you.
I believe their sole purpose is to sit waiting for somebody to say anything even slightly negative about their cherished game, and then pounce at the first opportunity. One would think that if their game was so perfect, they'd be busy playing it rather than looking for conflict here.

Giants does get their ideas from popular mods, and then add them half hearted into the base game in a new version. They don't seem to care about finishing anything, because they know the modders will come along and prop up the game until the next version. If it wasn't for mods, this game would have died off long ago, like the other farming games that made the mistake of not accommodating modding.
Luftkopf

Post by Luftkopf »

Iconia Star wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:13 am Okay. It still means the same thing. FS22 is just FS19 with some of the mods implemented into the base game.

At no point have I said that the mod creators have a legal right to sue Giants... or even that they SHOULD. At no point have I said that Giants did anything morally or legally wrong.

All I've said is that FS22 is FS19 with mods charged at the full price as if we didn't already have the game.
If that is so, then what on earth would Giants have to have done for you to regard 22 as a good edition of the franchise, if anything that was previously a mod makes it a cheap, low effort version?
Iconia Star

Post by Iconia Star »

Aholz89 wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:24 am For me FS22 is completely different from FS19. Yes the gameplay it self is the same, but with a lot more improvements on visuals, sounds, building, models and AI features.

Funny how different our opinions can be.
I see a huge difference between 22 and 19. I wake up at 8am (game time, obviously,) I'm hitting the sleep button between 10am and 12pm because I have diddly squat to do for the next ten days or months if you have it set to multiple days per month. I don't have the option of changing the growth speed.

That's why it's been referred to by myself and others as "Sleep Simulator".

Yes, the more experienced players can somehow find things to keep them occupied, but the less experienced players are being forced to play as if we were elite, long term players and that's what has made it more boring than the last.

I once referred to FS19 as THE most boring game I'd ever played but a few months into the game, I was still playing because I could switch off and just get on with it without having to think too much. I've played other simulator games since then.

FS22 just took the trophy for the most boring game in history. What COULD be more boring than skipping gameplay for hours?

No one seems to care that every player has different play styles.
Luftkopf

Post by Luftkopf »

Iconia Star wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:41 am I see a huge difference between 22 and 19. I wake up at 8am (game time, obviously,) I'm hitting the sleep button between 10am and 12pm because I have diddly squat to do for the next ten days or months if you have it set to multiple days per month. I don't have the option of changing the growth speed.

That's why it's been referred to by myself and others as "Sleep Simulator".

Yes, the more experienced players can somehow find things to keep them occupied, but the less experienced players are being forced to play as if we were elite, long term players and that's what has made it more boring than the last.

I once referred to FS19 as THE most boring game I'd ever played but a few months into the game, I was still playing because I could switch off and just get on with it without having to think too much. I've played other simulator games since then.

FS22 just took the trophy for the most boring game in history. What COULD be more boring than skipping gameplay for hours?

No one seems to care that every player has different play styles.
The arguments for having the option to turn on FS19 style fast growth are legit. I don't want them personally, that stuff almost made me give up on FS19, but there's a good case to be made for leaving the option in to cater to as many play styles as possible. That's not the part of your argument many of us have a problem with.

Accusing Giants of being lazy by just rolling a few mods into the base game is a reductive argument. It is pretty clear that isn't what they did. Conceptually, there are similarities, but they're pretty superficial.

I do want to know what you would consider to be a good upgrade from FS19.
Iconia Star

Post by Iconia Star »

chedder_farms wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:27 am Iconio Star, you need to realize there are a few people here that will argue with you non-stop (Illinois Farmer, Dairydeere, Blue_painter, plowboy1992, I'm surprised DEERE317 hasn't been around lately). They'll try to make you out to be the bad person, even though it was them that engaged you.
I believe their sole purpose is to sit waiting for somebody to say anything even slightly negative about their cherished game, and then pounce at the first opportunity. One would think that if their game was so perfect, they'd be busy playing it rather than looking for conflict here.

Giants does get their ideas from popular mods, and then add them half hearted into the base game in a new version. They don't seem to care about finishing anything, because they know the modders will come along and prop up the game until the next version. If it wasn't for mods, this game would have died off long ago, like the other farming games that made the mistake of not accommodating modding.
Yeah, I kind of found that out after being compared to terrorists :lol:

I've been a huge fan of a LOT of games over the years. But I always remember that the game developers are not perfect. Just because they're huge companies doesn't make them immune to criticism.

Now I quoted a sentence in the game itself by Giants "User-generated content remains the property of the user... If you see your content on Modhub without your permission, let us know." The end of that sentence, according to the TOS should be "unless we're the ones who take it, of course."

I did pre-order FS22 In July expecting to find a better version. Next time, I'll know better.

Like that question a few posts between ours... "What do I expect Giants to add?" I remember answering that... Anything that players haven't already thought about. They're the ones we're paying to come up with ideas after all. If they can't think of new stuff... just don't release a re-run of the old stuff.
StoneTheCrows

Post by StoneTheCrows »

I usually catch up on this thread over breakfast. I don't know why. I lost interest in the content pages ago. I guess I just wonder how everyone is getting on with their holes.

(Scrape ... Scrape) "I'm not coming out" (Scrape ... Scrape)

If you can't have fun in the game at least you can do it on the forum. Its a fantastic sandbox. I just hope in the next version they do better sounds and graphics. And more realistic Contributor AI. And a way of fast forwarding through the rubbish. And eliminate some of those bugs that have you going round and round in circles.
plowboy1992

Post by plowboy1992 »

chedder_farms wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:27 am Iconio Star, you need to realize there are a few people here that will argue with you non-stop (Illinois Farmer, Dairydeere, Blue_painter, plowboy1992, I'm surprised DEERE317 hasn't been around lately). They'll try to make you out to be the bad person, even though it was them that engaged you.

oh no i dont :) but when theres someone who just wants to say over and over and over how manure giant are and how bad there game is i wonder why they bother