Hyper-slow growth, 0 fun, dead game

roggek

Re: Hyper-slow growth, 0 fun, dead game

Post by roggek »

yudia wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:30 pm Do you think the growth of plants is slow? That is because you do not know the mechanics of wood. Sell 100,000 euros of wood, that's the limit, and then you will have to sleep 30 times, wait 30 days, to be able to sell 1 more truck of wood that costs 30,000, since the limit increases 1,000 every day.
This game should not be sold, it is a scam in comparison to the previous ones.
We hear you yuida.
Your point is taken...
We all other know that trees in reality (and in FS22) don't "magically goes from a seedling to a full mature harvestable log in one day".

It takes at least 50 years...
TheSarkY

Post by TheSarkY »

roggek wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:28 pm
mirceast19 wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:42 pm
roggek wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:42 pm There is your main problem, you focus on ...
Wouldn't it be more fun, in a game, to have options and not problems?! It is a game, so lets have fun and options and play the way we want, not problems.

Why an option from FS17 and FS19 is now called a problem in FS22? Surely not the lack of options is the real problem?

Life, and same as a game, is not about black and white, yes/no, but we must have the option to choose the gray, the way we want, especially after so many years we were used to be free to choose. More options, not less.
In this case, no.
The problem is that people have to plan ahead more than in FS17 and FS19.
FS22 is a whole new game concept.

People are first complaining about "the lack of a farming sim with seasons and reality", and when FS22 arrives, with crop calendar, seasons and crops which aren't ready to harvest the "next day", they start complaining about "a dull boring game" or a "easy"-mode fix...

I never heard anyone complaining that, as an example; Flight Simulator needs an "arcade style"-mode.
People struggle with the cockpits flips and switches, practice on start and landing and thats it...

Its a simulator.
A simulator simulates "the real world" in one or another way.

If you(or someone else) want to play farming simulators with an "aracde style" where the crops magically appear the day after seeding, there is a plethora of "copycats to FS-series", sadly not as half as good as FS22.

#donttouchmyFS22
Maybe you have alot of time and you can spend it playing game for hours. some people like to join and harvest or something but without option to make crops grow faster it really doesnt give them any option to enjoy in those things they like... sure realism is good, but not for everyone and removing option can only cause problem instead of simply having it.. if you cant understand then not a single person in this world can change your mind.

oh btw. it is simulator, and simulator is still a game.
gordon861

Post by gordon861 »

roggek wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:28 pm I never heard anyone complaining that, as an example; Flight Simulator needs an "arcade style"-mode.
People struggle with the cockpits flips and switches, practice on start and landing and thats it...

Its a simulator.
#donttouchmyFS22
Pretty stupid example to choose, the latest MS Flight Sim has so many sliders, options and aids, that if you want to you can play it as an arcade game with no death and easy fly or you can play an almost study level flight trainer.
--------------
Hey Giants, when are you going to pull your head out of your backsides and actually talk to us?
roggek

Post by roggek »

TheSarkY wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:39 pm Maybe you have alot of time and you can spend it playing game for hours. some people like to join and harvest or something but without option to make crops grow faster it really doesnt give them any option to enjoy in those things they like... sure realism is good, but not for everyone and removing option can only cause problem instead of simply having it.. if you cant understand then not a single person in this world can change your mind.

Well, there is a "save" button, if Im not completely misinformed´?
I think it is located under options in the game?

And if people don't wan't realism, why are they playing FS22 at all???

My conclusion is that people that whines about FS22, play it in the wrong way...
Over and out!
Luftkopf

Post by Luftkopf »

yudia wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:30 pm This game should not be sold, it is a scam in comparison to the previous ones.
A scam, you say!? That’s quite harsh! I get that you’re disappointed that your preferred style of play isn’t supported so well any more, but there are a lot of people loving FS22. For me, the way seasons have been implemented is exactly what I have been wanting! It feels as if this edition of the franchise has almost been targeted at me. Maybe someone will make a mod to simplify the game for people who like that sort of thing.
TheSarkY

Post by TheSarkY »

roggek wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:48 pm
TheSarkY wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:39 pm Maybe you have alot of time and you can spend it playing game for hours. some people like to join and harvest or something but without option to make crops grow faster it really doesnt give them any option to enjoy in those things they like... sure realism is good, but not for everyone and removing option can only cause problem instead of simply having it.. if you cant understand then not a single person in this world can change your mind.

Well, there is a "save" button, if Im not completely misinformed´?
I think it is located under options in the game?

And if people don't wan't realism, why are they playing FS22 at all???

My conclusion is that people that whines about FS22, play it in the wrong way...
Over and out!
i really dont want to insult you. what does save button have to do with option for crops to grow faster?
they play because its a farming game. its not VR for real machine and real fields where you work. its a f*** game. deal with it.
they are playing their way. same as you do yours. people are different.
thumbwiz

Post by thumbwiz »

roggek wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:42 pm There is your main problem, you focus on ...
Wouldn't it be more fun, in a game, to have options and not problems?! It is a game, so lets have fun and options and play the way we want, not problems.

Why an option from FS17 and FS19 is now called a problem in FS22? Surely not the lack of options is the real problem?

Life, and same as a game, is not about black and white, yes/no, but we must have the option to choose the gray, the way we want, especially after so many years we were used to be free to choose. More options, not less.
In this case, no.

People are first complaining about "the lack of a farming sim with seasons and reality", and when FS22 arrives, with crop calendar, seasons and crops which aren't ready to harvest the "next day", they start complaining about "a dull boring game" or a "easy"-mode fix...

I never heard anyone complaining that, as an example; Flight Simulator needs an "arcade style"-mode.

Its a simulator.

If you(or someone else) want to play farming simulators with an "aracde style" where the crops magically appear the day after seeding, there is a plethora of "copycats to FS-series", sadly not as half as good as FS22.

#donttouchmyFS22
"People are first complaining about "the lack of a farming sim with seasons and reality", and when FS22 arrives, with crop calendar, seasons and crops which aren't ready to harvest the "next day", they start complaining about "a dull boring game" or a "easy"-mode fix..."

I guess it didn't occur to you that you are describing two different groups of people. The people who started complaining about "a dull boring game" or a "easy"-mode fix..." (that's your grammar, not mine) are the people who wanted the seasons feature to be a toggle, so it could be turned off completely.
X1 / PC gaming
Ontario, Canada
yudia

Post by yudia »

The typical of the rotten world today. Companies that take bad decisions and some absurd persons defending those companies even if they go out terribly affected, nothing new.

It is only about including an option in the game to activate the normal growth of all life, the growth of all the previous FS, nothing more than that. But several people appear taking the opposite even if you are the reason.

Whoever wants stations and slow growth that activates it, and who does not want to deactivate it. We take all life with rapid normal growth and the company became famous and won a lot of money with the franchise, so bad idea was not.

I repeat again that I have more hours than many of you in FS, and asking for an option of normal growth does not make me a bad or toxic fan.

There is no education or respect today in young people under 30-35 years old.
mirceast19

Post by mirceast19 »

In this case, no.

Its a simulator.

#donttouchmyFS22
The bad part is that you don't understand the idea of freedom, of options, of game, of gameplay, of fun. And progress! Progress, in a free world, does not mean that "my style is better" and "your style is worse", so mine "must survive" and yours "must die". No, there sould be enough space for everybody.

FS22 is what it is now due to the success of its predecessors, FS19, FS 17 etc. And they have to respect the customers, the basic things that attracted the players in last 1-7 years, to improve things, to offer more and more options, not to limit the options.
KrS14

Post by KrS14 »

gordon861 wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:43 pm
or you can play an almost study level flight trainer.
[/quote]

OMG NO, there's so many bugs in MSFS2020 there's NO way you'd be doing anything study level with Auto pilot or FMS.

XPlane is way better for study level, and it also has it's quirks too.
GrandTickler

Post by GrandTickler »

agreed this is just ridiculous lol, realism in games only work if u have the gameplay to cover for all this downtime, just doing other peoples jobs repeatedly for a lousy 2-5k isnt enough. this game is 10 steps back from fs19 and a horrible game right now
BigBadAllis

Post by BigBadAllis »

Sleep does not stop the interest and lease payments. You will still go bankrupt waiting.
gr4474

Post by gr4474 »

Started a new game on Erlengrat, and forgot about Elmcreek. It defaulted to a cattle farm, and I've been non stop. Buying every used sell item I want, and the pace is good. I'm slowing my days from real time or even .5. I'm going to buy the giant grass field next door, and turn it into multiple curved shaped crops, one at a time. You can flip the default tractors ect as used ones pop up, and make a profit and upgrade at the same time.
Iconia Star

Post by Iconia Star »

Luftkopf wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:55 pm
yudia wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:30 pm This game should not be sold, it is a scam in comparison to the previous ones.
A scam, you say!? That’s quite harsh! I get that you’re disappointed that your preferred style of play isn’t supported so well any more, but there are a lot of people loving FS22. For me, the way seasons have been implemented is exactly what I have been wanting! It feels as if this edition of the franchise has almost been targeted at me. Maybe someone will make a mod to simplify the game for people who like that sort of thing.
Actually, it kind of is. All Giants added was stones which can only be sold, the ability to change your outfit (as if you feel the cold,) and the ability to use the train to sell out of town (because a train driver will totally get out of his cockpit to let some random person drive his train for a few hours.) Everything else was created by the modders from FS19. I pre-ordered a game I already had, except that now we can't turn off the mods we don't like. That's the scam.

As for the topic. If I wanted a hyper-realistic farming simulator game, I'd turn off the gaming platform, head out into the real world and get a job as a farmer. I don't want to spend four hours doing diddly squat while I wait for a game to let me plant crops. That's what I've just ended up doing. Sleep, ride my horses, sleep, ride my horses, sleep... on and on.

I like a bit of realism in my games but at some point you have to come to terms that it's a game and we don't want to dedicate our entire lives to it. It's NOT realistic. If it were, there'd be baby animals. My new-born lamb is a full grown sheep. My cows reproduce without the aid of a bull.
mirceast19

Post by mirceast19 »

God bless the guy with "Better Time Scale" mod.

Now someone please try to come out with a mod for old style of "Plant growth".