FS22 Equipment Leasing - Have I got my head round this correct?

Case-man

Re: FS22 Equipment Leasing - Have I got my head round this correct?

Post by Case-man »

I can try a test this evening, might work.

Rent a tractor, note down lease fee. Drive for 1 hour real time (or AI).

Sleep, note down lease cost.

Next day, sleep and note down any lease cost when not in use. Difference may then indicate cost per hour RT and daily fee.

If there is a difference in days per season it may be tricky.
sila0164

Post by sila0164 »

JensChrDK wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:29 pm I have the single axle Bredal fertilizer spreader on lease, and it costs me more on days where it has been used than the days where it hasn't. Don't know if there is a difference between leasing tractors vs implements.
But I sure do miss the price and additional leasing info we had in FS19...
Maybe its a constant rate when used, rather than per hour now?
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

JensChrDK wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:29 pm I have the single axle Bredal fertilizer spreader on lease, and it costs me more on days where it has been used than the days where it hasn't. Don't know if there is a difference between leasing tractors vs implements.
But I sure do miss the price and additional leasing info we had in FS19...
Yeah I'm starting to suspect that vehicles seem to have a higher leasing fee and daily fee then implements and tools. On a different save where I have only one tractor, but have more tools I'm being charged less per day then on my save where I have three tractors but only a seeder and spreader leased.

I can definitely understand and buy into vehicles having higher leasing costs then tools, a tractor probably should cost you more to lease per day then a plough.

But I do think the GUI could definitely be improved and definitely have the leasing costs broken down and displayed in the store menu like we had in FS19 would go some way to making things a lot more transparent and easy for everyone to understand.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
gordon861

Post by gordon861 »

cwattyeso wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:47 pm But I do think the GUI could definitely be improved and definitely have the leasing costs broken down and displayed in the store menu like we had in FS19 would go some way to making things a lot more transparent and easy for everyone to understand.
There is no excuse for taking away the information we used to have available prior to leasing equipment.

Especially for an EU based company that should know that you cannot sign up for a lease contract without knowing the charges associated with it.
--------------
Hey Giants, when are you going to pull your head out of your backsides and actually talk to us?
Eische

Post by Eische »

Eische wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:37 am Has anyone else tested this?
I did it just now on PC, latest version (1.1.1.0):
initial pay: 5.1% of purchase price
monthly pay: 1% of purchase price (will de deducted per day devided by days/month)
As an update:
There are additional hourly costs:
2.1% of purchase price

Seems to be the same for vehicles and implements.
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker
Case-man

Post by Case-man »

I agree it may appear similar to FS19.

I currently have the Claas Uniwrap, Bredal K105 and Aquatrans for water and only 711 in leasing cost with no use.

So there is the initial cost, then the daily and the hourly.

I'm sure the details on this may be added down the line.

But, love the game so far.
swakeham

Post by swakeham »

Leasing in previous versions was never like leasing in the real world anyway, more like a scam rent to own, where you never own lol, HOWEVER, it seems to me to be bugged / broken in FS22
Platform is Xbox, and I am doing 1 day seasons, no seasonal growth.)
Yesterday before bed, I played one session where after doing some seeding I slept in farmhouse to get crops to grow, Feb $13,520, Mar $13,614, April $13,520
This morning I Resumed quick launch and while planting one field it increased to May $41,502
Again, I did not buy any equipment, just bought a few pallets of seed and fertilizer, helper purchases are all off.

It would be cool if leasing was set up for real, Pay a down payment, and then a monthly for X Months, at end, either equipment vanishes or you pay the baloon payment to keep.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

I've been leasing stuff like balers, sprayers, spreaders, etc... that I'm only using for less than an hour. I never lease drivable equipment or anything I keep for more than an in-game day (which is 16 days, in my game). I'm paying maybe $1,500 for stuff like that. I do wish the store told you the breakdown though.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
paul_c

Post by paul_c »

I am disappointed that the store/help doesn't break down the leasing cost informatively too; and also its interesting that there's at least 3 different suggestions of how it works on this thread too. So I'm going to need to do some costs tracking myself.

My hunch is its actually pretty well balanced, in that it allows you do use a "one off" machine you could never afford; or a "try before you buy" (at a cost though) to check something fits or is capable of being run, or doesn't tip over, a tractor; or that you do a job with it to see if you like its handling. For example, I bought a secondhand 10m corn header today, I took the original trailer with me too but it was hopelessly too small, so I needed to buy a trailer but the specs of what actually fits (which is the thing you need to know, really...) isn't there. So I resorted to Googling the specs of the real-life equivalents, and to be sure I leased a trailer for about 2 mins to put the header onto it to check it would fit. It cost £357, but it was worth it compared to risking buying the wrong one and the buy new-sell secondhand prices.
hun3

Post by hun3 »

Weird that we cannot see the lease rate at the shop either.
xXxatrush1987

Post by xXxatrush1987 »

tested this with ~ 35machines on hard:
initial : 5%
per engine hour : 4%
sometimes every half engine hour 2% with expensive equipment(deutz series 7/200k buyprice and up) instead of every hour
daylie 1%
for all my rented machines in about ~ 95hours of gameplay
Miggs

Post by Miggs »

chedly_farms wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:53 pm The leasing is disappointing, but here we are. Time to adapt.
No....Time to change it please Giants!

Like many other things, for example, some repair/repaint costs, some contract rates, certain produced goods values, economy needs some tweaking.
TMoSM

Post by TMoSM »

I think the new lease system is flawed and i hope it gets tweaked in the first patch. Otherwise we will have to hope some modders can do something with it.
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Just did a test tonight on my dedicated server after players complained about losing 71,000 a day in leasing and vehicle running costs. Returned all the leased equipment. I then took out the maximum loan we are currently allowed to have which was 500,000. Bought back all the equipment we had previously loaned, some new and some via the used equipment menu where many of our returned machines ended up now being placed. Fast forward then to the start of the next month. Baring in mind we're playing 3 Days/Month on the Server. Then we played through that month. First day of new month checked the finances screen. We paid out 966 in Loan Fees/Interest and that was it. No Leasing Fees and no Running Fees. We went from losing 71,000 per day to losing just 966 a month, by getting rid of all leased equipment, taking a 500,000 loan and buying the equipment outright.

People will probably now complain that the Interest Rate on Loans is too low, if you can borrow half a million and pay less then 1000 a month in interest.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
sila0164

Post by sila0164 »

cwattyeso wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 11:17 pm Just did a test tonight on my dedicated server after players complained about losing 71,000 a day in leasing and vehicle running costs. Returned all the leased equipment. I then took out the maximum loan we are currently allowed to have which was 500,000. Bought back all the equipment we had previously loaned, some new and some via the used equipment menu where many of our returned machines ended up now being placed. Fast forward then to the start of the next month. Baring in mind we're playing 3 Days/Month on the Server. Then we played through that month. First day of new month checked the finances screen. We paid out 966 in Loan Fees/Interest and that was it. No Leasing Fees and no Running Fees. We went from losing 71,000 per day to losing just 966 a month, by getting rid of all leased equipment, taking a 500,000 loan and buying the equipment outright.

People will probably now complain that the Interest Rate on Loans is too low, if you can borrow half a million and pay less then 1000 a month in interest.
Isnt that per day? Me and my friend paid about 2,5k each month on one day months.

Considering loans are meant to help you and generally are there to accelerate a good, meaningful decision irl(like buying a house, a car), I feel that it makes sense that it doesnt ruin you. Especially when the interest doesnt actually pay back the loan.

My biggest problem with the economy is the vehicle depreciation. Irl you want to swap vehicles when one is reaching end of life and in game that seems to be around 4-5 years. At that point they are nearly worthless and cost a lot in repairs, so unless you're working a lot of fields and racking up a lot of hours on a machine, its hard to do swaps or upgrades without a loss.

They reach less than 50% value at about a year to a year and a half, making upgrading unviable.

This also creates the problem that it is cheaper to just keep the same tractor forever, simply because a new one is so expensive and the old one is absolutely worthless, even if the repairs are extensive.

In the old days it was easy keeping 1 tractor running 24/7 with just a few fields, but its a lot harder in 22 and takes a lot of time (and fields).

The pace this economy lends itself to is very slow and not very casual, if you ask me. It doesnt feel like giants made any attempt at updating it to the seasons style gameplay and they just reused the old economy.

Leasing is a weird one. It does make sense with some vehicles (i.e. a harvester) since you'll only use it shortly, and the leasing cost is way less than the depreciation of actually owning one and having it standing around for a year. But for machines you keep, I'm not sure what is cheaper...