FS22 Equipment Leasing - Have I got my head round this correct?

cwattyeso

FS22 Equipment Leasing - Have I got my head round this correct?

Post by cwattyeso »

Okay so started my first real serious save today in the game. Started on Haut Beyleron in New Farmer Mode. I quickly decided with the initial three fields on the map, and everything they need doing to get them seeded, and having only 100,000 starting money, I would sell all the initial equipment on the farm and then lease a new medium tractor and then all the tools needed to take the fields from harvested to seeded/planted. So leased a Spader to use instead of ploughing, leased a stone collector, leased a lime/fertiliser spreader, leased a weeder and leased a seeder.

Completed my first Day of work happily and went to sleep, woke up in game the next morning at 8am and was hit with a huge 60,000 bill for leasing.

In FS19, when you leased a piece of equipment say for example a Tractor, you'd pay an initial leasing fee of maybe for example say 18,000, then after that you'd be charged a per day fee if you had the equipment beyond that day which may have been 2,500, you'd then also get charged a fee for each hour you used the equipment. Basically in FS19 it was financially a good idea to least stuff, as over a period of time it wasn't terribly cash draining and if the equipment was just stood doing nothing, you weren't paying anything.

However am I right in thinking that now in FS22, if you lease a Tractor for example 18,000, you get charged 18,000 every single day you have that piece of equipment and there is no longer the reduced day fee and hourly running fees? This means that in FS22 much like with FS17 and the earlier games, leasing is incredibly expensive and definitely not something that is going to help a player starting the game with limited finances and no sources of income until they get their first harvest. I've started the game in August, I look at the Crop Calendar and I can plant Wheat, Barley and Canola only at this time. Those crops won't be ready to harvest for 10 months into the following year, so I'm not going to make any income for 10 months. So how can you afford the leasing if you are being charged the full value each and every single day now?
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
fenixguy

Re: FS22 Equipment Leasing - Have I got my head round this correct?

Post by fenixguy »

I haven't leased anything yet, but FS19 leasing made owning vehicles pointless other than role play. Sounds like now it's fine to lease something that you're gonna use for one day but not so much if you're going to keep it longer. I wonder if season length is factored into this.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

No Idea if Season Length plays a cost because unfortunately in FS22 the leasing cost of vehicles isn't very transparent as it's not shown and listed in the store when configuring a vehicle or equipment, like it was in FS19. The only way to know how much something is to lease is to go ahead and press the lease button and then the box comes up asking you to confirm you want to lease the item for X money. It then doesn't mention any additional or ongoing costs, so it looks to me that the price to lease an item is charged to you every single day you have that item. This is going to make it financially unfeasible to lease equipment until you have a farm with a large bank account. I guess I'm going to have to come up with an alternative role play method for having equipment for short time periods without using the in game leasing system.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

TheGazbeard

Post by TheGazbeard »

I also noticed the initial leasing cost (as a percentage of buy price) is higher in FS22 than in FS19. Not sure about days after the first - will find out about that soon.
My FarmSim farms on YouTube - Gazbeard
My FarmSim farms on Twitch - TheGazbeard
Byrger

Post by Byrger »

Giants need to explain and details this .... I'm just doing something that I don't rly know and there is no information anywhere , the academy says nothing yet
sila0164

Post by sila0164 »

Ownership in general seems broken. Its like the economy isnt scaled to seasons at all.. Had a harvester that I had for 16 months with 3.7h on it. It had lost about 50% of its value during that time costing me 150000 with repairs. This meant the harvester had cost me more than I had harvested during that time. Granted I only had 3 or 4 medium fields, but owning as a small scale farmer seems impossibly expensive.
This is on 1 day seasons, which is default.

Long time leasing seems harsh aswell like you mention.

The only stuff that seems reasonable is buying really used machinery and then not caring for it, or just leasing equipment for less than 1h and returning it the same day.

EDIT: Often your leased vehicles get put into the used dealer afterwards at like 25% off, so its worth leasing until 0,9 hours, then returning and buying them used.
roggek

Post by roggek »

cwattyeso wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:55 pm No Idea if Season Length plays a cost because unfortunately in FS22 the leasing cost of vehicles isn't very transparent as it's not shown and listed in the store when configuring a vehicle or equipment, like it was in FS19. The only way to know how much something is to lease is to go ahead and press the lease button and then the box comes up asking you to confirm you want to lease the item for X money. It then doesn't mention any additional or ongoing costs, so it looks to me that the price to lease an item is charged to you every single day you have that item. This is going to make it financially unfeasible to lease equipment until you have a farm with a large bank account. I guess I'm going to have to come up with an alternative role play method for having equipment for short time periods without using the in game leasing system.
sila0164 wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:38 pm Ownership in general seems broken. Its like the economy isnt scaled to seasons at all.. Had a harvester that I had for 16 months with 3.7h on it. It had lost about 50% of its value during that time costing me 150000 with repairs. This meant the harvester had cost me more than I had harvested during that time. Granted I only had 3 or 4 medium fields, but owning as a small scale farmer seems impossibly expensive.
This is on 1 day seasons, which is default.

Long time leasing seems harsh aswell like you mention.

The only stuff that seems reasonable is buying really used machinery and then not caring for it, or just leasing equipment for less than 1h and returning it the same day.

EDIT: Often your leased vehicles get put into the used dealer afterwards at like 25% off, so its worth leasing until 0,9 hours, then returning and buying them used.
Well, the leasing cost is per day which is deducted at midnight.

A season consists of "three months" that each month is "28 game days".
If you sleep and have "1 day seasons" enabled, you fast forward the game and the economy,
each time you sleep a whopping "84 game days"...

If you play with "1 day per season", a simple math tells you that "the leasing cost x 84", will put you very soon in to debt.
sila0164

Post by sila0164 »

roggek wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:44 pm Well, the leasing cost is per day which is deducted at midnight.

A season consists of "three months" that each month is "28 game days".
If you sleep and have "1 day seasons" enabled, you fast forward the game and the economy,
each time you sleep a whopping "84 game days"...

If you play with "1 day per season", a simple math tells you that "the leasing cost x 84", will put you very soon in to debt.
While what you're saying may be true, it doesnt change the fact that it seems broken. It should scale it down by 84x if that is the case.
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

roggek wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:44 pm
Well from the test I've done on this since opening this thread. I started a new save and leased the Fendt 900 Tractor. That cost me 18,000 straight away. I'm playing 3 Days = 1 Month. So when I slept from Day 1 to Day 2, I got the message on Day 2 that I paid 18,000 in leasing costs. I then slept again from Day 2 to Day 3, and again got the message on Day 3 that I paid 18,000 in leasing costs. I have now effectively at this point completed 1 month in game, and been charged 54,000 for leasing 1 Tractor for that time period.

So what this reveals is that unlike in Farming Simulator 19, there is no reduced daily fee after the intial first leasing, and there is no per hour usage fee anymore. In Farming Simulator 22 the game is charging you the price to lease a piece of equipment each and every day you have that equipment sat on your farm, whether you are using it or not. This is adding up massively and makes the leasing fees in Farming Simulator be way more excessive then in the past game.

I know people complained in FS19 the leasing system basically made it pointless to actually buy and own equipment, as the leasing costs for long term leases were so low in the previous game, it didn't make sense to buy anything, however it seems in trying to address those handful of players in FS22 they have taken the leasing system in the complete opposite direction and to such and extreme that now leasing is pointless as it's cheaper to buy equipment, at least your not getting charged for not using equipment if you own it.

chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

The leasing is disappointing, but here we are. Time to adapt.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
weidermark

Post by weidermark »

I checked it right now in game in the help menu, you get charged by the hour, the price depends on all the customisatons you choose, my tip is return it before you go to bed and lease it again the next day.
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

That makes no difference though Weidermark, if something costs you 10,000 to lease, if you return it, go to bed and lease it the next day it will cost you 10,000 again. You may as well just leave the machine at your farm, go to bed and the next day the game will charge you 10,000 for still having it. It just saves you the hassle of having to go to the store and find the equipment, configure it, lease it and then go and collect it again. You're still going to pay 20,000 is what I'm getting at.

I think the method I'm going to use and adopt as a PC Player and in my let's plays, is when I want to lease a vehicle or equipment item in game, I'll go to the store, customise and configure it how I want check it's price, open the Dev Console and add that amount of money to my account and buy the vehicle or equipment. I will then take it off and use for however many days, months etc I need it for. When I return it to the store, I'll then adjust my finances again and this time will deduct what the leasing fee would have been, and also then a fee based on the number of hours I have used that machine or piece of equipment for.

So going back to my Fendt example, if I have the Fendt 900 for 3 months or 9 Days in my case and have 30 hours logged on it, when I return it to the store, I'll remove and deduct 18,000 from my bank balance which is the leasing cost, and I'll deduct another 5,400 for the 30 hours of use. So Total amount deducted from my bank balance will be 23,400 which is a much improved fee then what the game does currently which is charge you 162,000 for the same scenario.

rasilo

Post by rasilo »

Maybe I do not get the point, but I do not think the new system is that bad. Let's take a combine for example: In fs19, leasing a combine for a longer period made sense, since there's a high chance that you need that combine every day.
But fs22 is different. There are 10-11 days were I do not need a combine, and 1-2 days where I need one and then do nothing else but harvesting my fields. I get a lot of value out of the leasing fee, which is, by the way, only 5% of the purchase price. I'd have to play through 10-20 seasons (or 120-240 days) to justify a purchase.

Leasing a tractor on the other hand might be a ruinous idea.

sila0164 wrote: Its like the economy isnt scaled to seasons at all..
That's the problem. A hectar profits 6-7.000 a year (on hard) and costs 60k, thus needs nearly 10 seasons (or 120 days) to break even. On the other hand, a 10k greenhouse will earn you 22k a year, a 100k 360 chicken coop will earn you 70k a year, and 40 cows 60k a year. Sheep and Pigs are not worth it tough, but you get the point.
Eische

Post by Eische »

Has anyone else tested this?
I did it just now on PC, latest version (1.1.1.0):
initial pay: 5.1% of purchase price
monthly pay: 1% of purchase price (will de deducted per day devided by days/month)

There seems to be no hourly payment.

Maybe someone else can confirm.
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker
JensChrDK

Post by JensChrDK »

I have the single axle Bredal fertilizer spreader on lease, and it costs me more on days where it has been used than the days where it hasn't. Don't know if there is a difference between leasing tractors vs implements.
But I sure do miss the price and additional leasing info we had in FS19...
Been playing WAAAAY to many hours - PC with Logitech G27 and Thrustmaster Simtask Farmstick