Please make a WINDOWS 7 FIX for FS22!

Ekan

Re: Please make a WINDOWS 7 FIX for FS22!

Post by Ekan »

GodfleshNL wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:48 pm I can play every game in my library / catalogue (Old & Newer games) on Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit...they all run fine...except FS22.

I get the "d3d12.dll is missing" error.

Please fix this and make FS22 compatible with Windows 7.

Upgrading to Windows 10 is not an option for me...and probably for a lot of other players also.

I tried a few so called "fixes" which were posted online, but offcourse none of the work like:

*Change <renderer>D3D_12</renderer> to <renderer>D3D_11</renderer>*
Why not? And no, probably not alot of others.
FS since 2012 :hi:
"Immersive farmplay & detail fanatic"

PC: :gamer:
Acer "28" NItro XVO (4k)
Geforce RTX 3070
i7-8700k 5ghz (OC) (3.70ghz)
HyperX fury 32gb RAM
M.2 970 evoPlus (500gb)
M.2 MP500 (150gb)
ROG strix Z370-F
EVGA 750w psu, Corsair cooling & chassi
AlexB

Post by AlexB »

parad0x177 wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:14 am Lurking cyber security nightmare?
I actually wonder what causes more damage, Windows 10 bugs or Windows 7 bugs. I won't be surprised if Windows 10 updates or bitlocker forgetting its keys nuked as much user data as cryptolockers.
Guil

Post by Guil »

GodfleshNL wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:18 pm They should add support because a lot of players still use Windows 7...literally EVERY GAME I play runs great on Windows 7 with no issues at all...and that's NEWER games included.

The excuse that they won't support an older OS is pure nonsense offcourse..if a large group of their players still use Windows 7, then they should add support for it...like most develepors do...and should.
What games that have come out since Tuesday work on Win 7
cdaragorn

Post by cdaragorn »

roggek wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:24 pm
Thats true, but some third party reselllers (like Gamestop, Walmart and God knows who else?) states only "Windows", or "Windows 7/8/10"

I think some people are tricked into this, that FS22 works under Windows 7/8 too...

Its called False Advertising and according to Giants they had reach out to those "misleading sellers" earlier (with no or little) repsonse to change the system requirements.
There is no possible way that you can argue that it's reasonable to assume that "Windows" must mean a version of said OS that the manufacturer no longer supports. Also someone else claiming something falsely is not Giant's fault or responsibility.

You might want to check your sites as well. Walmart doesn't even list a PC version of the game and Gamestop only says "PC". Doesn't mention anything about system requirements anywhere. If you honestly chose to buy something without looking up the system requirements from a legitimate source beforehand when said sources are easily accessible and obvious it not working is entirely on you.
roggek

Post by roggek »

cdaragorn wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:42 am
Thats true, but some third party reselllers (like Gamestop, Walmart and God knows who else?) states only "Windows", or "Windows 7/8/10"

I think some people are tricked into this, that FS22 works under Windows 7/8 too...

Its called False Advertising and according to Giants they had reach out to those "misleading sellers" earlier (with no or little) repsonse to change the system requirements.
There is no possible way that you can argue that it's reasonable to assume that "Windows" must mean a version of said OS that the manufacturer no longer supports. Also someone else claiming something falsely is not Giant's fault or responsibility.

You might want to check your sites as well. Walmart doesn't even list a PC version of the game and Gamestop only says "PC". Doesn't mention anything about system requirements anywhere. If you honestly chose to buy something without looking up the system requirements from a legitimate source beforehand when said sources are easily accessible and obvious it not working is entirely on you.
Im not compleely sure, why you are quoting me, since there is no common sense, in what your are writing?
Beacuse i have no issues with FS22, since i run Windows 11, and have no issues with the game.

Owners of Windows 7 must some day, realize that most games developed today, are no guarantee that it will work on Windows 7.
GIants has claerly stated that FS22 will ONLY work on Windows 10 and above....
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

Giants clearly states what the system requirements are, if other retailers are not then that is down to them in my opinion.

https://www.farming-simulator.com/about ... latform=pc
Stegei
GIANTS Software | CTO

Post by Stegei »

1. Windows 7 has not been supported by Microsoft by almost 1 year now.
2. FS19 is being played by less then 0.5% of the PC players on Windows 7. There are actually more people using Linux than Windows 7, even though there is no Linux version of the game.
3. There are several technical reasons why Windows 7 is no longer support, with DirectX 12 being the most stand out
4. The major title have stopped supporting Windows 7 even 1-2 years ago.
5. Nvidia and AMD have stopped updating their drivers, so the chance that we would have seen major GPU driver issues is pretty high, even if we tried to implement a Windows 7 version.

So in short: FS22 on PC requires Windows 10 or higher and there are no plans to add support for Windows 7 or 8.
cdaragorn

Post by cdaragorn »

roggek wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 1:10 pm

Im not compleely sure, why you are quoting me, since there is no common sense, in what your are writing?
Beacuse i have no issues with FS22, since i run Windows 11, and have no issues with the game.

Owners of Windows 7 must some day, realize that most games developed today, are no guarantee that it will work on Windows 7.
You want to explain what you really meant by your post that would be great. Insulting me to pretend I'm being ridiculous for not understanding what you said the way you thought you said it only looks bad on you. I'd be happy to hear your clarification of what you really mean.
Drmattymd

Post by Drmattymd »

cdaragorn wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:25 pm
roggek wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 1:10 pm

You want to explain what you really meant by your post that would be great. Insulting me to pretend I'm being ridiculous for not understanding what you said the way you thought you said it only looks bad on you. I'd be happy to hear your clarification of what you really mean.
You need to chill out. You went after roggek first. He was simply stating that some retailers mislabled the requirements and that this was false advertising on their part, not Giants, and that Giants had already taken steps to get it corrected.
Playing on PC and PS4