No reverse gear

StoneTheCrows

No reverse gear

Post by StoneTheCrows »

Been playing 22 for about 10 hours (on PS4). Enjoying it. I have 5 double greenhouses and the pallets keep coming.

But just encountered a game breaking bug. I have lost reverse gear on all my vehicles when using the auto gear change option. If I select manual gear changing, vehicles with a manual box will reverse. However vehicles with auto boxes - like my Manitou fork lift are stuck in forward.

Bizarre!

Gonna have to reload the game otherwise I have to load dozens of pallets by hand.
parad0x177

Re: No reverse gear

Post by parad0x177 »

Did you try just holding the “brake pedal” in full automatic mode to get them to reverse?
StoneTheCrows

Post by StoneTheCrows »

Yep. I'd been using automatic gears since the second hour of play. I was loading up a semi trailer with a fork lift. It just started bugging. Not responding to forward acceleration and behaving as if it was clipped into the floor of the warehouse, or behaving as if it had tripped over an invisible object and throwing off the top 2 pallets (always and only the top 2). Then finally it just wouldn't reverse. That's when I checked the other vehicles.

Came back to it this morning and it's behaving normally! Except for a pallet of strawberries cemented firmly into the warehouse floor.

Note, 44 pallets of strawbs on a semi trailer = massive frame rate loss. But nothing I can't live with. Soft fruit anyone?
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

Did you happen to change the "automatically reverse" (or something like that) setting? If so, even automatics have to be manually put into reverse.

To do it with a controller, brake + throttle or just throttle and press the left stick. That shuttles between forward and reverse.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
Mjl911poo

Post by Mjl911poo »

Same issue, been playing and all of the sudden no reverse. Tried the brake and throttle and tried to toggle reverse. No luck any other ideas??
SlickDaSloth

Post by SlickDaSloth »

@Mjl911poo I went to where I had switched from automatic to manual and the setting above that that says “Direction change” make sure it’s on automatic. Hope that helps man. Mad an account just to help 🤣
Crashmac

Post by Crashmac »

Did you check the stop and go braking setting?
NDDan

Post by NDDan »

I have noticed “bugginess” if changing transmission options while the game is paused. It seems to work right if not paused. I would suggest cycling through those options without pausing the game and see if something breaks free.
There’s no place like utopia.
h3llios

Post by h3llios »

I created this account just to give a reply. I had the same issue and battled with it for almost an hour. Almost uninstalled my game but I got my fix and maybe it will work for you and others battling with the same thing.

Change direction turning to automatic. It solved my issue. Good luck. I know it frustrated the living stuff out of me.
Mr Mc Donald

Post by Mr Mc Donald »

Worker crashed into gate at calmsden got in to move it no reverse took a look and workers only crashed removed gear box gone home took it with him

Maybe there's someone out there collecting gear boxes
UK___ XBOX ONE *thumbsup* *thumbsup* :wink3: