bug with filling the sprayer/spreader/tank - any of you have the same issue?

tecto

bug with filling the sprayer/spreader/tank - any of you have the same issue?

Post by tecto »

Almost always I have the situation that I can't fill the sprayer or spreader by pressing R. It is the same issue for lime or fertilizer. I haven't tried seeds and water but it seems that it will have the same issue.
The situation is that my sprayer is near the lime tank, help window is not showing info that if I press R key the sprayer will be filled. I'm pressing R but nothing is happening.
So I'm saving the game and restarting it. After restart help window is showing me info about R key and I can fill the sprayer (the vehicle and sprayer is in the same position as before restart) - so I didn't changed anything only restarted a game.
I think this is a bug.

Do any of you have the same issue?
Last edited by tecto on Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
george.earlslight

Re: bug with filling the sprayer/spreader/tank - does any of you have the same issue?

Post by george.earlslight »

tecto wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:46 am
Does any of you have the same issue?
I have a similar issue with the refill button, but with water.
To solve it, I drive near the refill point, exit the tractor, enter again and the Refill option appears so I can start refilling.
tecto

Re: bug with filling the sprayer/spreader/tank - any of you have the same issue?

Post by tecto »

Ok I will try it. So it seems to be a bug.
b101uk

Re: bug with filling the sprayer/spreader/tank - any of you have the same issue?

Post by b101uk »

i would have the same problem in FS19, periodically a sprayer, spreader, seed drill etc could not be refilled from bag, silo, bunker, placable etc, exiting the tractor then entering it again would fix the problem, though I have not ran into it yet in fs22.
plays FS15/FS17/FS19/FS22 on PC
:zunge:
Miketeg

Post by Miketeg »

I have the exact same issue. If you jump out / jump in of the tractor it will fix it.

No idea why. It happens right on a new save and on all maps i tried.
Has been dairy farmer - From Quebec, Canada
French is my first language, please excuse my English :-)
Henri

Post by Henri »

Got the same bug, sprayer and seeder won't fill. Jumping out or (de)attaching didn't work... Tried different sprayers and new fertilizer pallets from the shop, but it all didn't work out. Restarting the game didn't help either... Also couldn't find the keybinding for filling up, "R" on PC.
patsbard

Re: bug with filling the sprayer/spreader/tank - does any of you have the same issue?

Post by patsbard »

Where do you refill water? I bought a large tank for the semi, but could not find where to fill it.

Thanks.
george.earlslight wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:07 am
tecto wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:46 am
Does any of you have the same issue?
I have a similar issue with the refill button, but with water.
To solve it, I drive near the refill point, exit the tractor, enter again and the Refill option appears so I can start refilling.
george.earlslight

Post by george.earlslight »

patsbard wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:46 pm Where do you refill water? I bought a large tank for the semi, but could not find where to fill it.

Thanks.
You need to check the map to find a water body, a river or a lake.
Go for a scouting drive and choose a location where the bank is not too steep, otherwise you won't be able to pull out when full.
Back up the tank so its wheels are inside water. If the refill button doesn't appear, try exiting the semi and entering again.

I'm playing on the French map and I drive on the lake in the middle of the map.
I also managed to get water from the river bank, but there are too many trees so not so easy to back the trailer.
The premise is the same even if you're playing on another map.
tecto

Post by tecto »

Henri wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:37 pm (..)Also couldn't find the keybinding for filling up, "R" on PC.
Exactly the same on my side - there is no key mapping selection available for this action in the options menu.
Henri

Post by Henri »

Just reinstalled the whole game and figured out it has to do with the keybindings...I made a copy of the inputbinding.xml (before reinstalling), but the same problem occured after replacing the old inputbinding.xml after the reinstall was done. With the original inputbinding.xml (re)filling trailers/sprayers/seeders etc. is no problem, just a single push on the button "R"!

Now I've got to adjust my gamepad keybindings and so on again...hopefully the problem doesn't re-appear.
Miketeg

Post by Miketeg »

I created a bug report on their platform and it was closed with "can't reproduce"

I tried to look into my inputbinding and i'm not finding anything for "refill"...
Has been dairy farmer - From Quebec, Canada
French is my first language, please excuse my English :-)
willjackson

Post by willjackson »

i’ve got the same issue and have no luck other than when refilling a seeder if i hire a worker then the worker cancels itself “no field found” the r to refill pops up but other than i can’t get anything to work at all.
willjackson

Post by willjackson »

i’ve got the same issue and have no luck other than when refilling a seeder if i hire a worker then the worker cancels itself “no field found” the r to refill pops up but other than i can’t get anything to work at all.