Is there a simple way of loading crates? fs22

RED_Smith

Re: Is there a simple way of loading crates? fs22

Post by RED_Smith »

I found a storage mod yesterday, one each for Lettuce, tomato and strawberry. 120,000L cap. It counts as part of the distribution chain. Place that and you can have all of the greenhouses producing that crop type "distribute" to the warehouse. I have 6 large greenhouses producing lettuce and now I only have to pickup from the warehouse. For 15K that was a good investment.
Pwnocchio

Post by Pwnocchio »

FarmBoss wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:22 pm I think with the new greenhouses, autoload trailers will be more important to some players.
Maybe some talented modder will feel the same way, and make everyone happy.
To whoever takes up the auto-load mantle, bless you and may your children be fine and strong.
Pwnocchio

Post by Pwnocchio »

RED_Smith wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:58 pm I found a storage mod yesterday, one each for Lettuce, tomato and strawberry. 120,000L cap. It counts as part of the distribution chain. Place that and you can have all of the greenhouses producing that crop type "distribute" to the warehouse. I have 6 large greenhouses producing lettuce and now I only have to pickup from the warehouse. For 15K that was a good investment.
I've seen those on modhub. So the output from the greenhouse goes directly to the mod storage.

You still have to manually load pallets (by hand or telihandler) from the mod storage to haul over the the sale point, right?
RED_Smith

Post by RED_Smith »

Yes you still have to manually load. But it is only 1 location to pick them up from. I decided to "cheat" and use the strength mod and can load by hand. I also installed the Rolland pack and bought the hook lift trailer and an industrial container. I place the container on the ground by the warehouse load point. The container shows double doors on the back, but it is a lie. Because I put the container on the ground, I can grab a pallet and walk through that door like it doesn't exist and stack it inside. Unfortunately the pallets can slide back out if you are not careful (IT Runner was better but it's not out yet). But I do love the easy unload feature of this hooklift container. I drive to the sell point and then I activate the unload container. It pushes the container backward a little and then tips it up at a high angle before pushing it the rest of the way off the trailer. I wait until the high angle is achieved then just RAPID toggle the load/unload container button. Those pallets slide out of the back into the sell point. Easy unload.
RED_Smith

Post by RED_Smith »

Has anyone here tried the this mod with the green houses? THE WELLS V1.0.0.0 Description "This pack contains 2 wells of different size. The wells produce water every hour, which can be used for production. Currently, it is not possible to draw water by a trailer.

The small well produces 800 liters per hour and the large well produces 2000 liters per hour. It will only produce water if production has been activated beforehand. Since water currently cannot be taken by a trailer, it only makes sense to distribute it automatically to productions (e.g. greenhouses) via the output mode or to sell it directly.

The basic idea is to make life a bit easier on farms with many greenhouses, so you don’t have to spend all your time driving water."

If I am reading it right you can use this to autofill your greenhouses.
I had some questions about it.

Is there a charge for the water or a maintenance fee?
Are they used on a 1:1 basis one "well" per one greenhouse? 1:x 1 well per multiple greenhouses or x:x multiple wells feeding multiple greenhouses?
dan1108

Post by dan1108 »

RED_Smith wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:58 pm I found a storage mod yesterday, one each for Lettuce, tomato and strawberry. 120,000L cap. It counts as part of the distribution chain. Place that and you can have all of the greenhouses producing that crop type "distribute" to the warehouse. I have 6 large greenhouses producing lettuce and now I only have to pickup from the warehouse. For 15K that was a good investment.
Nice mod, but I hope they put logic in it to have a max range from the greenhouses. Free logistics a few dozen meters or anywhere on a single plot of land is one thing, but across the entire map? If that's not the case, then you might as well wait for a mod that eliminates that ~35% delivery charge.
paul_c

Post by paul_c »

There is a way, whether its simple I don't know, but.....if you get good at driving a telehandler, it is a fruitful (sorry for the pun) and enjoyable part of the game. I've driven all 3 styles of telehandler (in real life - only the JCB style in FS22) and they all have their advantages and disadvantages, but the JCB style's disadvantage (of terrible visibility to the right) is kinda negated in the game when you can switch the camera view to a bird's eye one.
george.earlslight

Post by george.earlslight »

I was thinking about a mod where you would need to place a reservoir somewhere for rainwater or a pump in a water body and then connect with pipes (using something like the fence tool) to your water consumers.
RED_Smith

Post by RED_Smith »

george.earlslight wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:01 am I was thinking about a mod where you would need to place a reservoir somewhere for rainwater or a pump in a water body and then connect with pipes (using something like the fence tool) to your water consumers.
I hear you. But I found another mod yesterday "The Wells" It is suppose to be a placeable water tank that, as part of the supply chain, can be set to distribute the water to your productions (i.e. greenhouses). It comes in 2 sizes, 800L per hour or the large size of 2,000L per hour. If this works as intended, then it means the end of hauling water for the greenhouses. The large one costs $8K. I do not know if there are maintenance fees or charges for the water. Only installed it last night.
Ronbo G

Post by Ronbo G »

Speaking of loading letuce and other produce, are there any modders out there that might be interested in making me a nod trlr for said task?