Is there a simple way of loading crates? fs22

smbell

Re: Is there a simple way of loading crates? fs22

Post by smbell »

dan1109 wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:40 am
crash wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:43 pm Don't think it's a bug, it's just 6 boxes of tomatoes on a pallet, 100liters.. if I sleep, there's 6 pallets outside the greenhouse, and in the info tab that pops up, it says that there's 2200liters or so of tomatoes available, so when i remove one crate a new one pops in containing 100 liters.. so no bug. But yes, their pallet size could have been bigger..
100L per pallet? Ok, I haven't seen or tried tomatoes yet. That would be a pain to even take care of with an autoloader.
Strawberries are the same way. It's almost like they forgot a 0 on the 100L. A 1000L would be much better. I had ~8100 L of strawberries to deliver today, which was 81 pallets, so I just put them back on selling.

As the other person said, I'm not sure how that works exactly. I assume it takes the highest price? Does it take money off for delivery? These things would be nice to know.
Martinw89

Post by Martinw89 »

English_farmer wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:52 pm Distribution sends it to your next point in the production process. So if you send flour distribution and you own the bakery it sends it there
Thanks! Now i dont keep to transport my flour! =)
Heriophant

Post by Heriophant »

I was stacking them by hand into the soft side trailer but would only work them over winter while waiting for crops to grow. 6high, 3wide and freaking so many long ways! Only problem I found with them was playing multiplayer hand stacking seems to crash peoples clients.
gordon861

Post by gordon861 »

I tried stacking using a forklift last night, spent 20-30mins stacking 1800L strawberries and 1200L of tomatoes, I got £1800 for the lot, hardly worth the effort.

I think next time I'll just use a standard grain trailer and just throw them in the back.

There should be an option for crates to be produced in stacks of four on top of each other, but need a vehicle to lift them. Or they should lock together when stacked.

The other problem is that, as in FS17/19, the palette forks are smooth as ice and the palettes are greased so slide off very easily.
--------------
Hey Giants, when are you going to pull your head out of your backsides and actually talk to us?
Quizlyfe

Post by Quizlyfe »

Is anyone else having issue not being able to pick up the lettuce and such by hand?
theorigin

Post by theorigin »

Quizlyfe wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:39 pm Is anyone else having issue not being able to pick up the lettuce and such by hand?
Yes since today i cant pickup lettuce anymore. Was able yesterday though :?:

I run 8 large greenhouses..
dan1109

Post by dan1109 »

smbell wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:54 am
dan1109 wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:40 am
crash wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:43 pm Don't think it's a bug, it's just 6 boxes of tomatoes on a pallet, 100liters.. if I sleep, there's 6 pallets outside the greenhouse, and in the info tab that pops up, it says that there's 2200liters or so of tomatoes available, so when i remove one crate a new one pops in containing 100 liters.. so no bug. But yes, their pallet size could have been bigger..
100L per pallet? Ok, I haven't seen or tried tomatoes yet. That would be a pain to even take care of with an autoloader.
Strawberries are the same way. It's almost like they forgot a 0 on the 100L. A 1000L would be much better. I had ~8100 L of strawberries to deliver today, which was 81 pallets, so I just put them back on selling.

As the other person said, I'm not sure how that works exactly. I assume it takes the highest price? Does it take money off for delivery? These things would be nice to know.
I'm in favor of them to increase the pallet size by a factor of 10. Apparently, there is a 40% surcharge when you have the greenhouse sell direct. Volume is Volume, nothing to do with mass. So, they could have a 3200L pallet with the same size as the liquid Fert Pallet, and greatly reduce the number of pallets these things are spitting out.

However, should you be able to store produce for several months to get best price? I think they would have gone bad. These are all perishable items. When I play, I sell milk once a day, as that's how real dairy farmers do it. Saving milk all year long is silly...so perhaps pallets of produce are simply unrealistic completely and should be removed. You can sell them, distribute them, but unless they add a Season19-esqe decay, storing pallets doesn't seem realistic at all. Water is for free if you put in the time to fetch it from a river/lake. Greenhouses are horribly OP in the first place - so I would support just getting rid of pallets for produce crops, if you want the best margins, turn the greenhouse OFF during low price times, and only enable it when the price is high.

Few of these new production items should be storable in pallets for several months. Oil, flour, clothes, Sugar, Chocolate are ok I guess - But cheese, cakes, bread, produce - they don't last long enough to store for 6-12 months when there is a price spike.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

I agree with the above post about produce going bad. I kinda had to laugh because I'm storing lettuce until February when the price is high. Mostly just to use the basement in the barn for something.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
dan1109

Post by dan1109 »

fenixguy wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:53 pm I agree with the above post about produce going bad. I kinda had to laugh because I'm storing lettuce until February when the price is high. Mostly just to use the basement in the barn for something.
Haha, and you're a real farmer! lol. Oh well, games are supposed to be easier than RL, and for you this will always be a game, not a simulator.
InstaBuzz

Post by InstaBuzz »

Now I haven't tried this in FS22 yet, but in FS19 I could park a flatbed trailer with egg pallets inside of the loading square and the eggs would spawn inside of the pallets already on the trailer.

Maybe if you park a pallet trailer inside of the black and yellow squares where the pallets appear they will automatically be loaded on the trailer? Just an idea.
TheGazbeard

Post by TheGazbeard »

InstaBuzz wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:15 pm Now I haven't tried this in FS22 yet, but in FS19 I could park a flatbed trailer with egg pallets inside of the loading square and the eggs would spawn inside of the pallets already on the trailer.

Maybe if you park a pallet trailer inside of the black and yellow squares where the pallets appear they will automatically be loaded on the trailer? Just an idea.
I tried that with multiple trailers - doesn't work.

The problem is that the trailer has to accept the same fill type as the greenhouse is outputting. It's possible to tweak the xml file if the trailer is a mod, otherwise you have to tweak the vehicles list files and that could break something.
My FarmSim farms on YouTube - Gazbeard
My FarmSim farms on Twitch - TheGazbeard
RED_Smith

Post by RED_Smith »

I was waiting for somebody to tweek a conveyor belt to be able to pick up and move all of those green house and honey pallets. Then I could park an open top trailer with rear or side tilt under it and have it filled that way.
StoneTheCrows

Post by StoneTheCrows »

There is a balance of sorts. Greenhouses are a steady, reliable source of income, but you have to work for it. Make it too easy to handle the pallets and it's just a get-rich-quick exploit.
ED209v2

Post by ED209v2 »

Well.... There are place able sellpoints. And Silage shields.
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

I have tomatoes running in two small greenhouses and lettuce in one big. No mediums. About 14-16 crates of tomatoes daily and 7-8 lettuce. Easy to stack on the small Stautman trailer and sell on Elm Creek, making around 4,000 daily in about 10 minutes.
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins