Repair and repaint costs...

ampm

Re: Repair and repaint costs...

Post by ampm »

$10000 repairs costs for every 3 hrs of gameplay. Sounds legit
Boer-Muis

Post by Boer-Muis »

I repaired my tractor at 9.5h - 18+k (really??)
repaired full green bar but not repainted, I did at own workshop

now I'm at 9.6h and it's almost in red again!!!!!!!!!!!!
Seedy

Post by Seedy »

I decided to offset costs with a municipal sign ($350/hr) because some of this seems a bit off.
ampm

Post by ampm »

The whole game is a bit off. Im a bit put off for paying full price for a half ass made game
Sweet Wheat

Post by Sweet Wheat »

GrimHuffer wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:19 am Hey guys,

I have a crude workaround if you are comfortable editing game files.

NOTE: I am not a modder. Use the following at your own risk. I'm not sure if these changes effects any other game settings (TBH, I wouldn't be messing with game files myself if I weren't itching for a solution)

If you go to root folder (on Steam that's steamapps/common) then go into data/vehicles and find whatever tractor you are using (should work with equipment too but only tested that briefly). You will likely have to open a subfolder or two. When you open the correct folder, find the xml file, there should only be one (at least in the samples I tested). You should probably save a copy of this file somewhere safe before you make any changes. Open the xml file (the original, not the one you saved) in a text editor, press ctrl + f, type 'wear' into the box and click find next (make sure your insertion point, that flashing vertical text bar thingy, is at the top of the page and the direction selected is downwards).

You should now find yourself at the start of two lines of text, the line you want to edit is the following:

<wearable wearDuration="480" workMultiplier="5" fieldMultiplier="2"/>

You want to change the number '480' to something greater, FAR greater. I ran a few tests using the same model of tractor, plow and front weight (all bought new each time) ploughing (British spelling) the same field for one hour at the time (hours recorded on tractor now 1.0) using different 'wearDuration' values.

For berevity, I won't list all the samples/numbers I tested but for reference (I use pounds for my in game currency, you may be different, doesn't really matter, it's the relative difference that's of interest):

1) wearDuration='480' (non edited 'stock' value) cost £509 in repairs and £11,050 for a repaint.
2) wearDuration='250,000' cost £1 in repairs and £594 for a repaint.
3) wearDuration='750,000' cost £0 in repairs and £50 for a repaint.

The latter is much more reasonable, I'm sure you'll agree. I can't seem to 'flip' the more expensive costs of repaint onto the repairs side, so you might just have to pretend the repairs/repaint are both grouped together into 'servicing and consumables' or somesuch thing. So running that particular tractor ploughing in that field cost me £50 an hour in servicing and consumables (wear to brakes, tyres etc). Not sure what accurate costs are IRL but I know it's not £11.5K ish using the stock wearDuration='480' value!

So, for clarity, I personally use the following (you may wish to test different values yourself and find what suits you):

<wearable wearDuration="750000" workMultiplier="5" fieldMultiplier="2"/>

I changed nothing else.

It works, but you'll have to edit the file of each and every tractor and piece of equipment you use, which could be a chore if you use a big selection. At least it makes things far more playable (for me at least) until an official fix comes out.

REMEMBER: I am not a modder, don't be sending me any rude emoji's if it messes something up! It shouldn't though as I've spent more than 12 hours running the numbers and nothing is broken and saves are loading/running as normal.

Hope this helps.
Nice info.
I'm thinking we don't need to edit every piece of equipment, just the ones we own.
Though there might be an issue later if a mod comes out reducing all costs by some %
Mavor

Post by Mavor »

The real fun comes in when you test and discover that a 100% worn tractor performs identical to how it did when fresh off the dealership lot.

Several of us on my server have let our tractors hit 100% worn and come to find there is literally no difference in how they operate - speed, towing, horsepower, implement usage - all exactly the same as a perfectly new one.

Our server has no tweaks or changes outside of a few mods (gov subsidy, place anywhere, etc) from the ingame browser.
alanarientiziech

Post by alanarientiziech »

they need to add a configuration: FS19 damage settings and FS22 damage settings (no doubt that nobody will use fs22 settings haha
GrimHuffer

Post by GrimHuffer »

Sweet Wheat wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:03 pm
GrimHuffer wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:19 am Hey guys,

I have a crude workaround if you are comfortable editing game files.

NOTE: I am not a modder. Use the following at your own risk. I'm not sure if these changes effects any other game settings (TBH, I wouldn't be messing with game files myself if I weren't itching for a solution)

If you go to root folder (on Steam that's steamapps/common) then go into data/vehicles and find whatever tractor you are using (should work with equipment too but only tested that briefly). You will likely have to open a subfolder or two. When you open the correct folder, find the xml file, there should only be one (at least in the samples I tested). You should probably save a copy of this file somewhere safe before you make any changes. Open the xml file (the original, not the one you saved) in a text editor, press ctrl + f, type 'wear' into the box and click find next (make sure your insertion point, that flashing vertical text bar thingy, is at the top of the page and the direction selected is downwards).

You should now find yourself at the start of two lines of text, the line you want to edit is the following:

<wearable wearDuration="480" workMultiplier="5" fieldMultiplier="2"/>

You want to change the number '480' to something greater, FAR greater. I ran a few tests using the same model of tractor, plow and front weight (all bought new each time) ploughing (British spelling) the same field for one hour at the time (hours recorded on tractor now 1.0) using different 'wearDuration' values.

For berevity, I won't list all the samples/numbers I tested but for reference (I use pounds for my in game currency, you may be different, doesn't really matter, it's the relative difference that's of interest):

1) wearDuration='480' (non edited 'stock' value) cost £509 in repairs and £11,050 for a repaint.
2) wearDuration='250,000' cost £1 in repairs and £594 for a repaint.
3) wearDuration='750,000' cost £0 in repairs and £50 for a repaint.

The latter is much more reasonable, I'm sure you'll agree. I can't seem to 'flip' the more expensive costs of repaint onto the repairs side, so you might just have to pretend the repairs/repaint are both grouped together into 'servicing and consumables' or somesuch thing. So running that particular tractor ploughing in that field cost me £50 an hour in servicing and consumables (wear to brakes, tyres etc). Not sure what accurate costs are IRL but I know it's not £11.5K ish using the stock wearDuration='480' value!

So, for clarity, I personally use the following (you may wish to test different values yourself and find what suits you):

<wearable wearDuration="750000" workMultiplier="5" fieldMultiplier="2"/>

I changed nothing else.

It works, but you'll have to edit the file of each and every tractor and piece of equipment you use, which could be a chore if you use a big selection. At least it makes things far more playable (for me at least) until an official fix comes out.

REMEMBER: I am not a modder, don't be sending me any rude emoji's if it messes something up! It shouldn't though as I've spent more than 12 hours running the numbers and nothing is broken and saves are loading/running as normal.

Hope this helps.
Nice info.
I'm thinking we don't need to edit every piece of equipment, just the ones we own.
Though there might be an issue later if a mod comes out reducing all costs by some %
Yeah, just those you own. It's a bit of hassle but it works well. I've been using it for many hours now with no issues.

The number you change is how fast/slow the tractor or implements wears, not how much it costs (see below). So you will not have to visit the repair shop as often (certainly FAR less than default).

Increasing the wear duration value = takes longer to wear
Decreasing the wear duration value = speeds up wearing

As I said, it doesn't change the price of the repairs. So if you let the tractor wear down to zero (which would take a while) it will cost just as much to repair as the default game. However, by increasing the wear duration value this allows you to spread that same cost over a much longer time period. I've not tested it, but you may be able to increse the value high enough to effectively turn off repairs all together (not my intention, I was going for a better balance)

I also use a mod called 'Reduced Maintenence Costs'. This, as the name suggests, reduces the cost of repairs. It doesn't alter how fast items wear so you will still be visiting the repair shop often, but the repairs will cost less (you can edit the mod file to reduce the costs even further, unmodded it reduces the cost by half).

With the changes to wear duration and the above mod I have slower wear rates which cost less when I do need to repair. A tractor I repaired recently was on 37hrs and it cost around £300 to repair (which I think is far more reasonable). I also use other mods to adjust prices on contracts, ai, seed, fertiliser costs etc so they all work together to create a far more balance economy. Still tweaking the numbers here and there, but it's worth the effort if that's what you are looking for.

With regards to how damage effects the vehicle's performance (or not) I'm not sure. I do know there are calculations in the base game that increase fuel consumption as damage increases. Not sure if it's functioning, but the lines of code are there.