REMOVE COLLISIONS FROM VINEYARDS!!!

alanarientiziech

REMOVE COLLISIONS FROM VINEYARDS!!!

Post by alanarientiziech »

DO IT!!!
TheSarkY

Re: REMOVE COLLISIONS FROM VINEYARDS!!!

Post by TheSarkY »

No. thats really bad idea and is not realistic at all. its like saying remove tractor collision.
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

Remove them yourself lol
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
FarmingBucket

Post by FarmingBucket »

LEARN TO DRIVE! lol
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

DUN!
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
alanarientiziech

at least make a decent script to build them
ASOLANDRI

Post by ASOLANDRI »

Just make a mod script or remove them in GIANTS Editor :lol:
Greetings, from Central Texas! :hi:

Back to the digital farm with the new 65" TCL 4K HDR TV. PS5 *thumbsup*

Map/Playtime:
Griffin, Indiana 22: 103 Hours
Edgewater, SK: 79 Hours
Ohio Richlands: 78 Hours
Alma, Missouri: 50 Hours
Elmcreek: 32 Hours
Big Flats, Texas: 20 Hours
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

I wish I could just go into Giants Editor and remove collisions from the vineyard just up the road from my real life house. Then I wouldn't have to worry about staying between the poles when I mow the vineyard rows... :lol:
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
njuska11

Post by njuska11 »

How about no. Git gud
dan1109

Post by dan1109 »

I would recommend being EXTREMELY careful when placing vineyards, especially the first one. If they are not perfectly aligned to a cardinal direction, then yes, it's easier to have collisions when trying to mulch close for example. In general, I wish all placeables had an optional snap, as this ensures being at 0, 90, 180, or 270 degrees. It's a pain to perfectly align large buildings (or long vineyards!) without the snap option.
JaGoose

Post by JaGoose »

From my other post about groundwork.

"Once I had set up the Orchard I ran the mulcher down the middle of the rows in one pass then did the same prcoess with the cultivator. I then went down each row with the fertilizer (I love the Orchard fertilizer, it's very efficient). By doing the single pass I was able to get 100% fertilization and the map overlay showed the vines at very dark green full growth. This saved a serious amount of time by not doing a double pass which really is a triple pass due to all the collisions.

I have my Orchard split in two and I have a decorative fenced part int he middle where I keep my equipment from the main farm. From the field which is 28 rows I harvested 21,255 litres. This was more than enough to service my Cereal's factory so I am just going to do the single pass method. I cannot see the yield getting much higher by getting rid of every piece of long grass.

Just look at the pic at the top of the page, it shows a small path and long grass directly under the vine."
alanarientiziech

dan1109 wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:34 am I would recommend being EXTREMELY careful when placing vineyards, especially the first one. If they are not perfectly aligned to a cardinal direction, then yes, it's easier to have collisions when trying to mulch close for example. In general, I wish all placeables had an optional snap, as this ensures being at 0, 90, 180, or 270 degrees. It's a pain to perfectly align large buildings (or long vineyards!) without the snap option.
I did that! the problem is, that when you finish a row, the cursor must be instantly set to start a new row, 0.1 degree (depending the length of the row) will be enough to break the path...
there should be some intuitive numbers in the screen, showing the degrees of the row, the distance of the cursos to the nearest rows, and auto align the rows, understand?
dan1109

Post by dan1109 »

Yes, I fully understand the difficulty is getting things perfectly straight in Farm Sim, including your lines while harvesting, seeding, tilling. Its a complete PITA. Waiting for GPS to solve that issue. In regards to vineyards, they need to develop some type of "snap" option, which places it perfectly straight. I mean, trying to go for 23.7 degrees, good luck making them all parallel. But cardinal directions FFS should be easy.
DMZ Commander

Post by DMZ Commander »

Ok so used the further of the two front fields on elmcreek to make sure my grape vines were very very straight lol. It is a bit frustrating though smacking the poles every now and again if you really try to mulch and subsoil the entire "field". Definitely understand the frustration of the OP now hahaha. If they could make the mulcher's and subsoiler's for orchard work have a magically wider working with by like 0.1 in each direction that would solve the problem
PC Master Race
Phanteks Enthoo Elite
Z590 Godlike
i9 11900k
RTX 3090
64GB Ram
x2 2TB SSD
Oddyssey Neo G9