REMOVE COLLISIONS FROM VINEYARDS!!!

PrincessJessi84

Re: REMOVE COLLISIONS FROM VINEYARDS!!!

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

DMZ Commander wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:40 pm If they could make the mulcher's and subsoiler's for orchard work have a magically wider working with by like 0.1 in each direction that would solve the problem
I suspect this isn't far away. Seems like a reasonable fix to me and doesn't involve unrealistically removing the collisions from anything so I suspect a modder to resolve it. I understand why Giants didn't but seems easy peasy for most equipment modders.
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
u2020bullet

Post by u2020bullet »

PrincessJessi84 wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:00 am
DMZ Commander wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:40 pm If they could make the mulcher's and subsoiler's for orchard work have a magically wider working with by like 0.1 in each direction that would solve the problem
I suspect this isn't far away. Seems like a reasonable fix to me and doesn't involve unrealistically removing the collisions from anything so I suspect a modder to resolve it. I understand why Giants didn't but seems easy peasy for most equipment modders.
Gotta say, we just started grapes on start from scratch, finally made enough money for it, buuut it's impossible to run the subsoiler (all we tried so far) and cover the whole "field" without scraping the tractor against the vine poles. Could definitely use that slight increase in width beyond the actual model.
PrincessJessi84

if you haven't, go in cab. It sounds counter intuitive but imo its much easier to find and keep a tight straight line.. I kind of do a slight wibbly wobbly down each row using my speed to know if I am starting to graze the poles. its not perfect but its largely doable with this method with both the cultiplow and mulcher. Also, if you just feel like making one step easier, I discovered that regular solid fertilizer spreaders will do all the rows at once but I personally love the orchard sprayer and really enjoy working in my orchard. I think it will be much easier when I get my office done and use my wheel. I am currently using an xbone controller with steering and return set as low as they go.

Edit - also if you haven't, put the mulcher on the front. I found it easier to keep from clipping all the time if I can see where the mulcher is.
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
alanarientiziech

Post by alanarientiziech »

DMZ Commander wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:40 pm Ok so used the further of the two front fields on elmcreek to make sure my grape vines were very very straight lol. It is a bit frustrating though smacking the poles every now and again if you really try to mulch and subsoil the entire "field". Definitely understand the frustration of the OP now hahaha. If they could make the mulcher's and subsoiler's for orchard work have a magically wider working with by like 0.1 in each direction that would solve the problem
man, you spoke everything I had in my mind, but my english is very bad and I get tired just to make the text lol
wish humans were more humans and we all could speak the same tongue...
u2020bullet

Post by u2020bullet »

@PrincessJessi84: I'm almost always in cab view.

So after a bit of testing i figured out what most of the issue is. It's the garden tractors. Both of the New Holland tractors are useless, the tracked one is too jerky (yes, i'm a wheel user and it's too twitchy even for me) and the cheaper one is too wide to the point where if you have even a slight angle toward the grape vine poles, you'll hit them with your cab, making you unable to reach all the way to the poles with the cultivator and the mulcher.

You absolutely have to use the Fendt, it's narrow enough to the point where even the higher angles won't result in you hitting the poles with your cab, thus allowing you to get in closer with the cultivator and the mulcher, thus being able to go full speed while covering the area around the plants as well.
So yes, in this instance, the more expensive really is way way better.
PrincessJessi84

the fendt you say? I have been eyeing that one for awhile but thought "eh the rex is good enough" but I will take your word for it and pick one up today,
PC
2x 24" Dell Monitors
u2020bullet

Post by u2020bullet »

PrincessJessi84 wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 1:37 pm the fendt you say? I have been eyeing that one for awhile but thought "eh the rex is good enough" but I will take your word for it and pick one up today,
Yeah, i couldn't do anything with the other two, but the Fendt is narrow enough to only let me focus on the implements so i can get in nice and close at full speed. Definitely worth it.
PrincessJessi84

so I threw my budget off for this year but I got it. I honestly didn't think it was skinnier looking at the stats as the fendt is almost a half ton heavier but wow that thing is narrow. I love it. So much love for small tractors. That may be my favorite thing about the orchards. Now I can grow my farm to LARGE size and still have a perfectly legit reason to work with the really small stuff as its where my farming heart is.
PC
2x 24" Dell Monitors
StoneTheCrows

Post by StoneTheCrows »

PrincessJessi84 wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:26 pm so I threw my budget off for this year but I got it. I honestly didn't think it was skinnier looking at the stats as the fendt is almost a half ton heavier but wow that thing is narrow. I love it. So much love for small tractors. That may be my favorite thing about the orchards. Now I can grow my farm to LARGE size and still have a perfectly legit reason to work with the really small stuff as its where my farming heart is.
Hmmm. I'd like to try it too. Hadn't noticed it in the shop. But I don't have the budget for it at the moment: saving for a second vineyard, and the first one cost me €460000.
alha alha

Post by alha alha »

I haven't received my copy yet so obviously haven't had a chance to play it, but I was watching Daggerwin work his grape fields, and it looks like he's decided to just go straight down the middle and not worry about cleaning up near the post lines. Any idea it that effects yield, or is just cosmetic? And as when planting the vineyard they automatically go in a perfectly straight line, is there a reason that a worker couldn't do some of those jobs like cultivating, spraying and harvesting and ideally avoid collisions, for the people who'd prefer to go that route? That might clear it up for them a bit, but seeing as the trouble that happens when the AI worker gets near trees in a field, I suppose that might be asking a bit too much?
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Darn, I was going to buy the Landini because it has the same transmission as some of the real life vineyard tractors I've driven, but it sounds like I might need to wait to invest in the Fendt.
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
Xtrememaster

Post by Xtrememaster »

ASOLANDRI wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:15 am Just make a mod script or remove them in GIANTS Editor :lol:
wont work, then giants have to come with a complete update for all the copys they sold.
It will only work in you own environment, but then you cant play with others in muliplayer because of this one copy changes something on his map.
Pre-ordered FS17 1x xbox one version, 1x steam version 1x Giants store versionHaving 2x saitek heavy equipment steers (one is here and the other under way) Also pre-ordered the FS17 collectors edition. *thumbsup* *thumbsup* *thumbsup* :chinese: