Are we being ignored?

ASOLANDRI

Re: Are we being ignored?

Post by ASOLANDRI »

chedly_farms wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:52 pm Hard to acknowledge each thread when there are like 50 new threads a day.
This. My Phone is almost spamming me Notification about New Posts or a Replies like every few minutes, almost to 100 Notifications. :shock:
Greetings, from Central Texas! :hi:

Back to the digital farm with the new 65" TCL 4K HDR TV. PS5 *thumbsup*

Map/Playtime:
Griffin, Indiana 22: 103 Hours
Edgewater, SK: 79 Hours
Ohio Richlands: 78 Hours
Alma, Missouri: 50 Hours
Elmcreek: 32 Hours
Big Flats, Texas: 20 Hours
MrSquealypig

Post by MrSquealypig »

And if anyone has ever worked a support job, they'd know that 95% of questions you get asked are idiotic.

People call 911 emergency services to report that their toilet is clogged.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

MrSquealypig wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:22 am
norfolk farmer wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:17 am Answering direct messages that's a laugh, I have only ever sent one and that went completely unanswered.
Yeah, because they have too many too answer in 4 days.
This was not recently probably about 12-18 months ago.
MagicBoy

Post by MagicBoy »

MrSquealypig wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:30 am And if anyone has ever worked a support job, they'd know that 95% of questions you get asked are idiotic.

Yep. You put the answers to the easy repetitive questions in a FAQ, which people don't bother reading cause they want to speak to a human. Then they complain that the support costs are too high. :confusednew:
gordon861

Post by gordon861 »

MagicBoy wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:35 pm
MrSquealypig wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:30 am And if anyone has ever worked a support job, they'd know that 95% of questions you get asked are idiotic.

Yep. You put the answers to the easy repetitive questions in a FAQ, which people don't bother reading cause they want to speak to a human. Then they complain that the support costs are too high. :confusednew:
So your solution for people being idiots and not reading the available information is to not make the information available for anyone then?
--------------
Hey Giants, when are you going to pull your head out of your backsides and actually talk to us?
MagicBoy

Post by MagicBoy »

gordon861 wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:49 pm
MagicBoy wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:35 pm

So your solution for people being idiots and not reading the available information is to not make the information available for anyone then?
Did it make you feel better keyboard warrioring that out? *thumbsdown*

I'm just sharing my experience of working in corporate IT support for many years. I don't work for Giants so it's not my decision.

Lets just say answers to frequently asked questions on the discord posted in the announcements channel mostly got ignored and the same questions were asked time and again.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

MrSquealypig wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:10 am No they're only sitting at a work station answering the 12 million emails and direct messages they're receiving on all the social media platforms.
Oh ya it sure makes a ton of sense to answer 12 million direct messages instead of putting out 1 public message which will answer 80% of questions that come from the dm's and emails. Sounds like a fool proof strategy.
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim »

Yes and no.

Yes in the fact that they have no sense of urgency to get issues patched. Actions speak louder than words and I would rather see an actual patch than forum posts about how "we're working on it".

No in the fact that they are actively working issues and I think it is unreasonable to expect a reply to all the bugs.
Guil

Post by Guil »

redglasses wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:59 pm
MrSquealypig wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:10 am No they're only sitting at a work station answering the 12 million emails and direct messages they're receiving on all the social media platforms.
Oh ya it sure makes a ton of sense to answer 12 million direct messages instead of putting out 1 public message which will answer 80% of questions that come from the dm's and emails. Sounds like a fool proof strategy.
It's gas because if anyone mentions bugs in discord they are directed to the forum by mods and Giants staff but even before Lars started in March 2017 the English forum was ignored for the most part. When I was a mod I tried to get info to share but that was a struggle too.

3 community guys now and there is even less interaction with the English forum
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

Yeah, they’re very selective about which questions they’ll answer and when.

And don’t come with the excuse that they rather spend time fixing the bugs than answer questions on here.
Cause it’s not the community managers who are busy with that stuff, for sure.
Ignorance is bliss
mackintosh

Post by mackintosh »

Again, the English forum has always been ignored. This isn't new or surprising to anyone who's been here for a while. They have never been in the business of patching things quickly, either. Play the game as is, it'll be quite some time before most issues are addressed, if they are tackled at all.
JWE75

Post by JWE75 »

You DA s think they Will fix things one bynone, based on your complains??? Hah! Game is great, before The next patch, s up and play the game. FS 22 IS great!
thumbwiz

Post by thumbwiz »

JWE75 wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:36 pm You DA s think they Will fix things one bynone, based on your complains??? Hah! Game is great, before The next patch, s up and play the game. FS 22 IS great!
If you're going to flame and insult people, you should make sure your post makes sense.
"one bynone" :blushnew: *thumbsup*
X1 / PC gaming
Ontario, Canada
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

Guil wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:21 pm
redglasses wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:59 pm
It's gas because if anyone mentions bugs in discord they are directed to the forum by mods and Giants staff but even before Lars started in March 2017 the English forum was ignored for the most part. When I was a mod I tried to get info to share but that was a struggle too.

3 community guys now and there is even less interaction with the English forum
Exactly, its so dumb. I remember when the discord was first started and everyone at giants was saying this was next greatest thing. So they pointed people to go to the discord to ask questions, and like you just said, once on discord they would point people back to the forum to report bugs. So it basically became an endless loop. :arrow: :this: These two smilies describe giants PR team perfectly.
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
michelito

Post by michelito »

listen to me. in each new game enter 3 million euros and you're good to go!