Are we being ignored?

Stegei
GIANTS Software | CTO

Re: Are we being ignored?

Post by Stegei »

We're working on fixing the reported bugs. There will be another patch before Xmas that should hopefully fix most of the most annoying things (some stuff of course will not be fixed then, or is just technically not completely fixable with the performance/memory constraints). Further patches will follow next year.
Acknowledging each entry with some detailed status would be way too much work atm and we'd rather spend the time on fixing the bugs.
Miketeg

Post by Miketeg »

Stegei wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:04 pm We're working on fixing the reported bugs. There will be another patch before Xmas that should hopefully fix most of the most annoying things (some stuff of course will not be fixed then, or is just technically not completely fixable with the performance/memory constraints). Further patches will follow next year.
Acknowledging each entry with some detailed status would be way too much work atm and we'd rather spend the time on fixing the bugs.
Agreed with you, but to help you reduce the number of bug report, having a "known issue list" or an "working on it" list would be benefic, I think.

Thanks for reporting in :)
Has been dairy farmer - From Quebec, Canada
French is my first language, please excuse my English :-)
thumbwiz

Post by thumbwiz »

MagicBoy wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:29 pm
thumbwiz wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:10 pm
Simon738 wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:35 pm As posted above, I reported a bug this morning and the ticket number was in the 2000’s so I’m guessing plenty have reported - hopefully they’re working on it, from what I understand they are a relatively small group (in the grand scheme of the gaming world) so we’ll probably need a little patience and all will work out in the end.

All we can do is keep reporting the issues via the proper channels and sit back and wait.
Bugs in the thousands, seems like a worthy purchase.
Jumping to incorrect conclusions. Not helpful.
Yup, you're right, "seems like a worthy purchase" is definitely jumping to the incorrect conclusion.
X1 / PC gaming
Ontario, Canada
MagicBoy

Post by MagicBoy »

TheSarkY wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:48 pm I've played Plenty and there always some communication or acknowledge of issue so people can stop reporting same issue or complain.
Look at the discord.
ThatCanadianGuy

Post by ThatCanadianGuy »

MrSquealypig wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:41 pm It amazes me how many people on this forum haven't played any other videogame released in the past decade.
Or haven't even played previous versions of FS. It was exactly like this for 17 and 19. "They don't listen to us!", "There are to many bugs!", "I want my money back!",...

After a few weeks it all calms down and people get into the game.
Former real life farmer of lentils, mustard, and wheat on the Canadian prairies.
FarmerLee73

Post by FarmerLee73 »

Stegei wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:04 pm We're working on fixing the reported bugs. There will be another patch before Xmas that should hopefully fix most of the most annoying things (some stuff of course will not be fixed then, or is just technically not completely fixable with the performance/memory constraints). Further patches will follow next year.
Many thanks for the acknowledgment, I think it is just nice for us to know we are being listened to, nobody expects a quick fix.
this_is_gav wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:01 pm It would be good to have a known issues page on the forum or site I suppose, but the people compiling them would be the same people checking for them and the developer's fixes, so it would only slow down any patch.

I think for now, the all hands on deck approach for the most urgent fixes is a better strategy, then perhaps we might get a bit more feedback on what known issues remain.

It should probably be noted that time especially of the essence for any fixes with countries either on lockdown or looking like they're about to go into lockdown in all three GIANTS offices.
Totally agree that "Known Issues" list would help.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

It’s not that they don’t acknowledge issues like other companies, it’s that the are absolutely terrible at getting the word out to places that come up when you search for the answer. I know discord is the cool new thing, but why focus on only that place, you have a website, a Facebook, a Twitter, Reddit, and a forum. Most companies bombard their social media with “patch incoming” “are aware and looking into issues” “we will be releasing patch next week”. It’s a bad look when you bury the answer to questions to places you have to sign up to find them, so when people search farming simulator 22 your seemingly tone deaf Twitter comes up saying nothing more than “Hey Xbox players what’s your favorite new feature on FS22?” Which at the time the forum was filled with people complaining Playstation couldn’t get the new patch. It was acknowledged here that you were looking into it but good luck finding it as someone new here. Chaki and Stegei definitely have been all over here answering threads, no arguing that, there’s just been no big visible announcement saying we’re having some issues, we’re working on issues, we will let you know, and that’s what’s stirring up the shitstorm.
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

Hard to acknowledge each thread when there are like 50 new threads a day. Anyone remember all the bugs from 19’s release? Seems like the game was much more broken back then. And the fixed them all in the first few months. It’s been 4 days.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

I don't think they need to acknowledge every post but a post saying we are aware of issues and are working on fixes couldn't hurt. It's the same a pre 19 when the community team are all over the forum promoting things yet go strangely missing post release.
ampm

Post by ampm »

MrSquealypig wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:41 pm It amazes me how many people on this forum haven't played any other videogame released in the past decade.
Or… the other games companies have acknowledged the people that purchased their product on their own sites forum.

And… the other companies have issued statements regarding known bugs

Hope that helps ease your amazement, now you can wake from your shocked state and go in with your life!
TheSarkY

Post by TheSarkY »

MrSquealypig wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:57 pm
TheSarkY wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:48 pm I've played Plenty and there always some communication or acknowledge of issue so people can stop reporting same issue or complain.
There's been like 15 statements from Chaki and Kerminator.

And it should go without saying that they are working on the game. This is a series with regular releases, if they were sitting around blowing snot bubbles not many people are going to buy FS 24/25/whatever.
There were no statements at time i posted.
MagicBoy wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:45 pm
Look at the discord.
This is games forum, we should not go to 3rd party apps to check game status.
chedly_farms wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:52 pm Hard to acknowledge each thread when there are like 50 new threads a day. Anyone remember all the bugs from 19’s release? Seems like the game was much more broken back then. And the fixed them all in the first few months. It’s been 4 days.
Single statement is enough, we dont ask them to reply on every single post.
Last edited by TheSarkY on Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lexie

Post by Lexie »

What about the stutter problems on Xbox Series S and X? Right now it's terrible and causing motion sickness for me.
gordon861

Post by gordon861 »

I keep saying it "Discord is not a suitable replacement for forums".

Discord is great for short form messaging and immediate chats, it is less good for proper discussions where you want thoughtful responses in a more long form way to explain what issues people are having, or where you want to build up knowledge of bugs over time to try and get a clue as to what's wrong.

You must have a bug tracker, feed an output of the bug title (or a description) to a webpage and we can see what's being looked at.

Or you have a thread where you post the MODs being checked, why not do the same for a list of bugs?
--------------
Hey Giants, when are you going to pull your head out of your backsides and actually talk to us?
Mafredr

Post by Mafredr »

"or is just technically not completely fixable with the performance/memory constraints)"

That slightly makes me worried 🙈
AndOnTheDrums

Post by AndOnTheDrums »

I put in a bug report about the ridge marker digging up stones - it was resolved the next day. The real issue is that people don't read/search the forum and reddit to see if anyone else has brought up an issue before making a NEW post about something that has been discussed quite extensively, usually with someone saying "GIANTS are aware and working on it". It was the same with FS19, though thankfully this launch seems to be far less negative.