Are we being ignored?

Lexie

Re: Are we being ignored?

Post by Lexie »

That's why a know bug list will be very helpfull. You cannot expect from people to search on forums, discord or reddit for bugs
AndOnTheDrums

Post by AndOnTheDrums »

I fully expect that if they pinned a known bug thread that the majority of new users on this forum would fail to read it - that being said, I still think it's a good idea!
MagicBoy

Post by MagicBoy »

AndOnTheDrums wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:02 pm I fully expect that if they pinned a known bug thread that the majority of new users on this forum would fail to read it - that being said, I still think it's a good idea!
Given that there were a great many discord posts last week of "What time is the game released on <insert platform here>", when the details were were the last post in the announcements section I quite agree.
TheSarkY

Post by TheSarkY »

MagicBoy wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:00 pm
AndOnTheDrums wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:02 pm I fully expect that if they pinned a known bug thread that the majority of new users on this forum would fail to read it - that being said, I still think it's a good idea!
Given that there were a great many discord posts last week of "What time is the game released on <insert platform here>", when the details were were the last post in the announcements section I quite agree.
i asked about epic games release and no reply, it was also not in announcements so. yea.
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

Yeah, that hot rather tiresome that.
Another thing is that the forums aren't the right place for reporting bugs either, one should use the bug tracker for that.

I'm sure a friendly soul will post a link or two for that.

As for epic release, did they, epic, actually announce a release time at all?
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
Lexie

Post by Lexie »

The bugtracker... You have to create a new account and no one else is seeing what is already send in, great system....
lonny

Post by lonny »

Lexie wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:34 pm The bugtracker... You have to create a new account and no one else is seeing what is already send in, great system....
That's exactly the thing I don't understand: Why do I see in the bug tracker only the reports I have created? It's waste of time when we are reporting bugs, that already have been reported. It's a waste of time for the QA team, that has to deal with a huge number of duplicates.
gordon861

Post by gordon861 »

Now if only there was a form of website where people could report bugs that could be read by all and other players could add their own information to confirm the problem or offer further insights and/or workarounds.

If you were to create such a thing you could have users that would moderate the conversations and delete the usual bitching back and forth so that it would stay on point, and they would be known as MODERATORS.

And then, here's the really radical idea, the representatives of the developers could chime in and acknowledge that they are aware of these bugs or that they need further information/clarification of the issue, these people could be known as COMMUNITY MANAGERS or even at a push the DEVELOPERS could post information themselves.

Wouldn't that be a great system?

I mean no one would have a system like that, ignore it until it becomes unmanageable, and then close it down ... would they?
--------------
Hey Giants, when are you going to pull your head out of your backsides and actually talk to us?
mrprez

Post by mrprez »

gordon861 wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:33 am Now if only there was a form of website where people could report bugs that could be read by all and other players could add their own information to confirm the problem or offer further insights and/or workarounds.

If you were to create such a thing you could have users that would moderate the conversations and delete the usual bitching back and forth so that it would stay on point, and they would be known as MODERATORS.

And then, here's the really radical idea, the representatives of the developers could chime in and acknowledge that they are aware of these bugs or that they need further information/clarification of the issue, these people could be known as COMMUNITY MANAGERS or even at a push the DEVELOPERS could post information themselves.

I mean no one would have a system like that, ignore it until it becomes unmanageable, and then close it down ... would they?
What a concept!
TheSarkY

Post by TheSarkY »

gordon861 wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:33 am Now if only there was a form of website where people could report bugs that could be read by all and other players could add their own information to confirm the problem or offer further insights and/or workarounds.

+1 :lol:
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

gordon861 wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:33 am And then, here's the really radical idea, the representatives of the developers could chime in and acknowledge that they are aware of these bugs or that they need further information/clarification of the issue, these people could be known as COMMUNITY MANAGERS or even at a push the DEVELOPERS could post information themselves.
This is exactly it, people can support giants by saying "they are all hands on deck" and what not, but I highly doubt the community managers are sitting at a work station and fixing bugs for 8 hours a day. They were hired to communicate with the community, so get them to communicate or fire them because they aren't doing their job.
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
bojanh66

Post by bojanh66 »

The easiest solution would be a locked thread where Chaki would update it few times a week with known bugs/issues, so players/customers would know whats going on.
Same as thread Daily Updates - Mods currently in testing, but instead it would be called "Daily/Weekly Updates - known bugs/issues"
And thats it.
The end.
MrSquealypig

Post by MrSquealypig »

redglasses wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:38 am
gordon861 wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:33 am And then, here's the really radical idea, the representatives of the developers could chime in and acknowledge that they are aware of these bugs or that they need further information/clarification of the issue, these people could be known as COMMUNITY MANAGERS or even at a push the DEVELOPERS could post information themselves.
This is exactly it, people can support giants by saying "they are all hands on deck" and what not, but I highly doubt the community managers are sitting at a work station and fixing bugs for 8 hours a day. They were hired to communicate with the community, so get them to communicate or fire them because they aren't doing their job.

No they're only sitting at a work station answering the 12 million emails and direct messages they're receiving on all the social media platforms.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

Answering direct messages that's a laugh, I have only ever sent one and that went completely unanswered.
MrSquealypig

Post by MrSquealypig »

norfolk farmer wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:17 am Answering direct messages that's a laugh, I have only ever sent one and that went completely unanswered.
Yeah, because they have too many too answer in 4 days.