Please remove "Real World" ads from game -> Giants Devs

speedbrake

Re: Why is the game serving ads?

Post by speedbrake »

Stegei wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:18 am Note that the ad system in FS22 is not collecting any private data at all (unlike other ad systems from Facebook, Google, etc.). So you're not actually 'selling' any of your private data.
How is the language of the ad determined?
AlexB

Post by AlexB »

Shintai wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:52 pm At this point it should likely be PEGI16.
If anything, I'd prefer if this game was rated for adults, so that we can have meat industry and wine instead of lame "grape juice".
ASOLANDRI

Post by ASOLANDRI »

h3rich wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:13 pm I guess this will change them to at least PEGI16 if not 18 in Europe.
Either GIANTS should remove these external ads and make it internal ads like ROBLOX did. but at this point just entirely remove the ads, we don't want to have the age rating go higher than previous farming games.
Greetings, from Central Texas! :hi:

Back to the digital farm with the new 65" TCL 4K HDR TV. PS5 *thumbsup*

Map/Playtime:
Griffin, Indiana 22: 103 Hours
Edgewater, SK: 79 Hours
Ohio Richlands: 78 Hours
Alma, Missouri: 50 Hours
Elmcreek: 32 Hours
Big Flats, Texas: 20 Hours
AlexB

Post by AlexB »

speedbrake wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:51 pm The game is rated E for everyone now, which might change the moment the first pr0n ad slips through.
Meet single milkmaids in your area...
Azfoor

Post by Azfoor »

thumbwiz wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:01 am This is their display of greed. Players are charged Triple A price for a game that isn't even close to Triple A quality, then have their bandwidth used anytime they play. Easy fix for PC players, but console players are hosed. Does Sony or MS have a policy on this type of sneaky behavior?

Don't be surprised if you see micro-transactions in the next version.
What AAA price?? Its not even half of a real AAA games price...!
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

eric21 wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:15 pm

Unless they advertise gambling or alcohol, the age rating would be raised. But on consoles the advertising arnt real advertisement, just based on real ones.
Ugh I wish they would advertise stuff like that so I actually care what’s on the billboard haha. Half the stuff that ends up being controversial I have never heard of the product in the first place so until someone got upset about I think it’s a made up sign.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

FarmCatJenkins wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:42 pm
speedbrake wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:38 pm But to be sure we need to have someone from Giants chime in and clear things up.
You literally quoted the CTO of the company that "cleared it up". :lol:
😂🍿🍿
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

I'm anti-adverts in general and am disappointed GIANTS chose to do this. Especially as it's right next to the base farms. It's comes across as just greed, as they'll only get a tiny amount of revenue, which shouldn't be needed now they'll have extra revenue as a percentage won't be going to Focus.

Still, so long as they're not mandatory (and never are) for modmaps I can largely ignore it.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

this_is_gav wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:47 am
Still, so long as they're not mandatory (and never are) for modmaps I can largely ignore it.
Having asked that question earlier and not had a reply I am hoping it's just a case of either not seeing it or too busy for a reply rather than not having the answer I'd want.
thumbwiz

Post by thumbwiz »

Azfoor wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:33 am
thumbwiz wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:01 am This is their display of greed. Players are charged Triple A price for a game that isn't even close to Triple A quality, then have their bandwidth used anytime they play. Easy fix for PC players, but console players are hosed. Does Sony or MS have a policy on this type of sneaky behavior?

Sorry, I should have been more specific.
Depends on where you live and your platform whether they try to gouge you or not.
Canadian XBox store
FS22 $76.99
MS flight Sim $79.99
Jurassic World $79.99
Forza Horizon 5 $79.99
X1 / PC gaming
Ontario, Canada
FarmerJohn89

Post by FarmerJohn89 »

thumbwiz wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:50 pm

Depends on where you live and your platform whether they try to gouge you or not.
Canadian XBox store
FS22 $76.99
MS flight Sim $79.99
Jurassic World $79.99
Forza Horizon 5 $79.99
*censored* to be a Canadian console player I guess....

*Edit is that with the season pass?
Smokee

Post by Smokee »

Have you seen an EA or 2K game recently? They not just have ads in the game they even have "gambling" :D

I dont like ads either but if they stick to the brands I can see in the game anyway I wouldnt mind.
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

I haven’t seen the ads yet.
Guess this is a good thing. Means they’re not intrusive.

(Is intrusive the right word here? Me being a Dutch guy…)

Billboards are a real life thing. If we’re going to have a few, why not have real ads on there. I mean, what do I care?! I just drive passed them, minding my own business
Ignorance is bliss
thumbwiz

Post by thumbwiz »

FarmerJohn89 wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 1:12 pm
thumbwiz wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:50 pm
Canadian XBox store
FS22 $76.99
MS flight Sim $79.99
Jurassic World $79.99
Forza Horizon 5 $79.99
*censored* to be a Canadian console player I guess....

*Edit is that with the season pass?
$125.99 for season pass.
X1 / PC gaming
Ontario, Canada
FarmerJohn89

Post by FarmerJohn89 »

iwan073 wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 1:34 pm I haven’t seen the ads yet.
Guess this is a good thing. Means they’re not intrusive.

(Is intrusive the right word here? Me being a Dutch guy…)

Billboards are a real life thing. If we’re going to have a few, why not have real ads on there. I mean, what do I care?! I just drive passed them, minding my own business
Yup intrusive is correct but I wouldn't expect anything less from the Dutch 😜. Most Dutch I've met, spoke better English than me 😂.