Please remove "Real World" ads from game -> Giants Devs

garyst

Re: Why is the game serving ads?

Post by garyst »

Anyone else notice the Miller lite logo on the gas station building, but they replaced Miller with Bella lite. The logo is still in the style of Miller lite logo though.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

AlexB wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:19 pm Or imagine if modders could make maps with ads embedded in them and get paid.
You know that would never be allowed. Even non-brands are barred from featuring in mods.
Azfoor

Post by Azfoor »

Isn't it supposed as realistic as possible tho? We have billboards in real life so why are you upset about it being in the game? It can't be that intrusive can it? I se the billboards and notice something is written on them and then I just move on with my farm life..!
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Gormett wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:24 am Would you say the same if you bought a TV and it played an ad at random times in one corner of the screen ?
Let the [company] make more money if they can, who cares that I already gave them money, let them make even more money off of me, so they can expand and improve the [product] more.

And I'm sure that many people get mad at billboards too, visual pollution / visual smog is a big issue in cities
At least then it wouldn't interrupt shows. Right now ads play every few mins. It is called watching TV. Nothing new. Next dumb argument you people can think of.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
tuttle

Post by tuttle »

Azfoor wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:49 am Isn't it supposed as realistic as possible tho? We have billboards in real life so why are you upset about it being in the game? It can't be that intrusive can it? I se the billboards and notice something is written on them and then I just move on with my farm life..!
It’s supposed to be a game. It should be balanced between realism and leisure. As someone already said, just because something is present in real life, doesn’t mean it needs to be part of the game.
Dapp

Post by Dapp »

And this is where giants is headed in the wrong direction. Shame. you only lose loyal players with this.
hrvacx

Post by hrvacx »

I did not notice ads yet probably cuz i havent roamed around the map alot and played the game that much other than manual fieldwork. The ads can be annoying and i get the complaint. However they are tolerable to a certain extent imo and fs22 probably isnt breaking that extent.
Gormett

Post by Gormett »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:54 amNext dumb argument you people can think of.
I thought that's your duty here
Azfoor

Post by Azfoor »

I mean come on...! Just drop this..! Focus on the things that actually matter instead of behaving like toddlers and pretending that your game play is ruined by some fu**ing billboards..! 😒

I think I have some clue as to where most of the people who are complaining abut this is from but I'm not going to say it..! 😅
Shintai

Post by Shintai »

Azfoor wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:40 pm I mean come on...! Just drop this..! Focus on the things that actually matter instead of behaving like toddlers and pretending that your game play is ruined by some fu**ing billboards..! 😒

I think I have some clue as to where most of the people who are complaining abut this is from but I'm not going to say it..! 😅
But when is it too much for you?

When you drive past a video ad with sound? Having to wait 30 seconds to see an ad before your tractor can turn on or the game starts up?

I dont recall we got a discount for the game to offset this "feature".

Yet the game is a bugfest and missing stuff. But adding 3rd party ads was important.
AlexB

Post by AlexB »

this_is_gav wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:43 am You know that would never be allowed. Even non-brands are barred from featuring in mods.
A man can dream, you know.
gordon861

Post by gordon861 »

Azfoor wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:49 am Isn't it supposed as realistic as possible tho? We have billboards in real life so why are you upset about it being in the game? It can't be that intrusive can it? I se the billboards and notice something is written on them and then I just move on with my farm life..!
OK 'as realistic as possible' ... from now no more self servicing your JD tractors, all servicing/repairs will now need to go back to the dealer for at least 48 hrs and all works must be carried out by JD engineer and cost at least twice as much, but don't worry we just want it to be realistic.

Perhaps we could have banks foreclosing on loans and farmers committing suicide too, I mean how realistic do you want it?
--------------
Hey Giants, when are you going to pull your head out of your backsides and actually talk to us?
hrvacx

Post by hrvacx »

Problem with the argument that ads are realistic is that these ads dont add to the immersion or gameplay. They are there to promote something in return giants recieves some cash. They dont contribute to the realism in a meaningful way.
Major_Cahoonas

Post by Major_Cahoonas »

The only reason there should be ads in this game is if it was free to play.
speedbrake

Post by speedbrake »

gordon861 wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 1:38 pm
OK 'as realistic as possible' ... from now no more self servicing your JD tractors, all servicing/repairs will now need to go back to the dealer for at least 48 hrs and all works must be carried out by JD engineer and cost at least twice as much [...]

Actually, this might already (accidentily) be implemented in the game. Have you seen the cost of maintenance in FS22? I hope this is just a bug that will get fixed because paying 15k for maintenance every couple of months is a bit over the top.

But I agree with your sentiment. Just because something is 'realistic' does not mean it should be in the game. It's still a game where we try to relax and have fun, to run away from the big evil world for a couple of hours :biggrin2: