Removing Weed

Woodgar

Removing Weed

Post by Woodgar »

Hi TIA,
How do i remove dead or grown weeds, i know with new weeds i use the weeder but the grown ones i killed with herbicide i cant figure out how to remove,
it notes a hoe, but cant find one.

Thanks Ryan
CptTractor

Re: Removing Weed

Post by CptTractor »

Bumping this - farming academy says to use a "hoe" because other methods will not work specifically on beets and potatoes. Rotary hoes would simply mulch the crop whereas references to agricultural hoes look a lot like the Chopstar under the mechanical weeders.
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

You do not need to remove the dead weeds. If you spray, it will kill all weeds and prevent new ones from popping up until you harvest. The dead weeds are just a visual. They do not affect yield. Spraying can be done immediately after seeding or fertilizing, I've tested this.
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
benjaprud

Post by benjaprud »

It took me a while to figure out the hoe thing as well. I had to watch pictures from actual hoes and came to the conclusion that the Chopstar 5-90 in the weeder section is a hoe. It does work on second stage growth weeds (50 to 75%).

Also I went with the Vaderstad Spirit R300S Giants mod for cultivating/seeding and I think it acts as a disc harrow combined with a seeder. The help menu says that disc harrows give you less time to remove weeds implying that you have a short window to catch them with a weeder. The reality is that weed growth will instantly go from 0 to 75% so you actually don't have any chance. Using a weeder would bring weeds back to 25% which would then grow back to 50%. If you use a disc harrow for cultivating, you'd need to pair it with the Chopstar 5-90 or herbicide to get a weed-free harvest.
u2020bullet

Post by u2020bullet »

benjaprud wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:46 pm It took me a while to figure out the hoe thing as well. I had to watch pictures from actual hoes and came to the conclusion that the Chopstar 5-90 in the weeder section is a hoe. It does work on second stage growth weeds (50 to 75%).

Also I went with the Vaderstad Spirit R300S Giants mod for cultivating/seeding and I think it acts as a disc harrow combined with a seeder. The help menu says that disc harrows give you less time to remove weeds implying that you have a short window to catch them with a weeder. The reality is that weed growth will instantly go from 0 to 75% so you actually don't have any chance. Using a weeder would bring weeds back to 25% which would then grow back to 50%. If you use a disc harrow for cultivating, you'd need to pair it with the Chopstar 5-90 or herbicide to get a weed-free harvest.
I'm more confused than ever now. In FS19 all it was spraying a field with herbicide to kill ALL the weeds and toss them to 0%. When i do it in 22, they only go down to 50 percent, a weeder or respraying does nothing after that. So how do we actually get them to 0% right now?
DMZ Commander

Post by DMZ Commander »

You get 0% weeds by turning them off after rage quitting half a dozen times bc the weeds don't go away
PC Master Race
Phanteks Enthoo Elite
Z590 Godlike
i9 11900k
RTX 3090
64GB Ram
x2 2TB SSD
Oddyssey Neo G9
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

Spray after seeding. I haven't had a single weed in my harvest yet.
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins