Where do Giants Update the public on what they are doing with bugs?

Phlonk

Where do Giants Update the public on what they are doing with bugs?

Post by Phlonk »

I have been looking on their Twitter account, Forums, Facebook, but can not find out what they are doing, when the next update is scheduled for.

If you know where to find this information please let me know.

Thanks ahead of time for the help.
Shintai

Re: Where do Giants Update the public on what they are doing with bugs?

Post by Shintai »

Game wasn't ready for release, Giants wasn´t ready to communicate.

Ever since release they pretty much closed up entirely in terms of communication. We have 1 single forum post to refer to at this point that itself is very vague.
gordon861

Post by gordon861 »

Shintai wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:49 am Game wasn't ready for release, Giants wasn´t ready to communicate.

Ever since release they pretty much closed up entirely in terms of communication. We have 1 single forum post to refer to at this point that itself is very vague.
FS19 launch all over again.
--------------
Hey Giants, when are you going to pull your head out of your backsides and actually talk to us?
Phlonk

Post by Phlonk »

Thanks, for this link. I was looking for a forum post that was started by Giants and updated on a daily basis letting us know what we should be expecting.
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

thumbwiz wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:36 pm :lol: :lol:
Are you just farmboss alternative account for when the other gets banned?
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
thumbwiz

Post by thumbwiz »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:27 pm
thumbwiz wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:36 pm :lol: :lol:
Are you just farmboss alternative account for when the other gets banned?
No, I'm not Farmboss alternative account, Farmboss was my alternative account.
X1 / PC gaming
Ontario, Canada
Illinois Farmer

Ah gotcha. That works too ha
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
SimpleFarmer

Post by SimpleFarmer »

I've gotten answers to all my bug reports 🤷🏻‍♂️ maybe they're just not responding to unprofessional criticism :)
bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim »

I don't care about the updates on what bugs exist as much as I do on the exceedingly slow patching process. I also don't want to hear anything about QA because it is plainly obvious that Giants has no real QA based on the state the game was released and it is taking them what I expect to be at least 3 weeks to get the patch out.

Retail and day one / week one patching is basically the norm these days and it basically states that the devs at least know about bugs and are fixing them between the as shipped version of the software and release week. Taking longer than a week means to me that the devs completely missed the bugs or once again PC is being punished for a game that is on multiple platforms (I tend to go with the first). Some of these bugs are completely obvious and aren't corner cases.
ace54858

Post by ace54858 »

bossmanslim wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:29 pm I don't care about the updates on what bugs exist as much as I do on the exceedingly slow patching process. I also don't want to hear anything about QA because it is plainly obvious that Giants has no real QA based on the state the game was released and it is taking them what I expect to be at least 3 weeks to get the patch out.

Retail and day one / week one patching is basically the norm these days and it basically states that the devs at least know about bugs and are fixing them between the as shipped version of the software and release week. Taking longer than a week means to me that the devs completely missed the bugs or once again PC is being punished for a game that is on multiple platforms (I tend to go with the first). Some of these bugs are completely obvious and aren't corner cases.
at least pc has gotten an update as pc is 1.1.1.0 and yet console is still 1.0.0.3 :(
https://www.farming-simulator.com/updates.php
gordon861

Post by gordon861 »

ace54858 wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 3:43 pm at least pc has gotten an update as pc is 1.1.1.0 and yet console is still 1.0.0.3 :(
https://www.farming-simulator.com/updates.php
Just looked at the patch notes for the update and we get:
  • Changelog
    Farming Simulator 22 Update 1.1.1
    Initial release (1.1.1)
So according to Giants the only change in the patch is Game Release Number.
--------------
Hey Giants, when are you going to pull your head out of your backsides and actually talk to us?
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

SimpleFarmer wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:06 am I've gotten answers to all my bug reports 🤷🏻‍♂️ maybe they're just not responding to unprofessional criticism :)
I would hope a professional company knows how to respond to "unprofessional criticism." If someone wants an honest on their product they shouldn't be looking at paid "professional" reviewers, they should look at the people who are actually playing the game for more then 10 hours. Maybe you account name should be red because this sure seems like something a giants employee would say.
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
Illinois Farmer

I don't believe that's what he meant by unprofessional criticism. Anybody can be professional or unprofessional by the way they speak in a formally matter. By him saying unprofessional criticism it is like talking about the people that are being rude, mean, inappropriate, etc stuff like that, instead of just posting bugs without the unnecessarily comments.
SimpleFarmer

Post by SimpleFarmer »

redglasses wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:38 pm
SimpleFarmer wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:06 am I've gotten answers to all my bug reports 🤷🏻‍♂️ maybe they're just not responding to unprofessional criticism :)
I would hope a professional company knows how to respond to "unprofessional criticism." If someone wants an honest on their product they shouldn't be looking at paid "professional" reviewers, they should look at the people who are actually playing the game for more then 10 hours. Maybe you account name should be red because this sure seems like something a giants employee would say.
Meanwhile your bug report: Game is dumb. No left rear wing nut on obscure tractor thing. Plz fix.