Economy discussion on Hard/Start from Scratch

ajFarmer

Re: Economy discussion on Hard/Start from Scratch

Post by ajFarmer »

I play on start from scratch, zero starting money and no loans.
Not sure if it is a intended feature or bug, but its a bit of a exploit.
If you take say three spraying contracts and borrow the equipment for one of them and complete all contracts, you don't have to pay the borrowing fees on the other two.
So essentially you can take a contract that offers a large self propelled sprayer, never collect the money for that contract and finish as many contracts as you want without paying any borrowing fees other then the first contract when you finally collect on it.
You can do spraying and fertilizer contracts with it. I'm sure this works for all other types of contracts as well.
I wont be using this feature myself, feels like a hack. Just thought I would share.

Edit: You do have some sort of time limit on the equipment borrowed it appears, but you can complete several contracts before time is up. There is no warning and the equipment and contract just disappears and you cant collect any money from that contract. So not to much of exploit if you try to do to many before time runs out :lol:
JohnDeere77

Re: Economy discussion on Hard/Start from Scratch

Post by JohnDeere77 »

Its fully possible to start from scratch on hard mode.
Initially I repaid the entire loan. Bought a tractor (luckily a used one), a trailer and the cheapest harvester (one of the first mods, would have leased one if the tractor was on full price). Bought a field of aprox 1,8ha, and harvested the initial crop. Leased a subsoiler, and a sowingmachine, and a sprayer to take the weed and one round of fertilizer. Planting soybeans and the yield is around 14000L each seasons and that fits into the combine and the trailer until prices are high.

In year two the smallest Vaderstad sowing machine came out used, so bought this one with a small loan. Which I almost repaid now.

All leased objects are returned immidiately when task is finished. Used equipment are repaired when bought, but not afterwards (at least not until now).

Next plan is to buy the cheapest fertilizerspreader in order to also put on lime. This means that Im now able to plant and harvest at almost highest yield.
Plays on pc, hardmode and loves grinding