Fs22 Wear and tear?

Riven326

Re: Fs22 Wear and tear?

Post by Riven326 »

Shintai wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:57 pm
Riven326 wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:56 pm
Shintai wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:51 am You know it is bad when your wear and tear is 10x faster than your fuel usage.
How are things like this still a problem? They've had three years.
I wish I knew. I had expected so much more to be done with the extra year. Instead we got a game at least 6 months from release ready. :sadnew:

In terms of fuel and wear. I had to go back and check again. The fuel gage have only moved millimeters after a seasons work on a 3.2Ha field on the tractor 1-2%?. Yet the tractor itself is pretty much 35-40% gone in wear and tear. I would only have to refuel the tractor every 50 years or so at this rate.
Yeah. Not buying this game when they can't even be bothered to get this stuff right.
GrimHuffer

Post by GrimHuffer »

mackintosh wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:20 pm Editing the wearduration entry for every single vehicle? If you only play single player then yes, that could work, but it's hardly a long-term solution. It won't work on future, encrypted DLC.
Not too concerned about future DLC, I'm more interested in the thousands of $$ coming out my account at the minute. Giants will surely address the issue in time, but it works for now.
ampm

Post by ampm »

The wear and tear has to be slowed down for sure and the tepairs are quite expensive. Paint wear is crazy
vondeylenfarms

Post by vondeylenfarms »

How do you repaint the vehicle??? I go to the screen for repair but I can’t repaint it
Vondeylen Farms Ohio, U.S.
1000 acres, family farm, huge Case IH guy(however mostly John Deere now)

Platform-PS5
Welker Farms over 1000hrs
Onto FS22!
Large JD Farm with corn and soybeans always looking for multiplayer
https://www.youtube.com/user/vondeylen22
TMoSM

Post by TMoSM »

vondeylenfarms wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 3:25 am How do you repaint the vehicle??? I go to the screen for repair but I can’t repaint it
At the store, the placeable workshop only seems to allow you to repair.
vondeylenfarms

Post by vondeylenfarms »

TMoSM wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 3:41 am
vondeylenfarms wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 3:25 am How do you repaint the vehicle??? I go to the screen for repair but I can’t repaint it
At the store, the placeable workshop only seems to allow you to repair.
Poo lol I couldn’t be further away…come on modders save this game lol
Vondeylen Farms Ohio, U.S.
1000 acres, family farm, huge Case IH guy(however mostly John Deere now)

Platform-PS5
Welker Farms over 1000hrs
Onto FS22!
Large JD Farm with corn and soybeans always looking for multiplayer
https://www.youtube.com/user/vondeylen22
Vollmer

Post by Vollmer »

Azfoor

Post by Azfoor »

I just use commands to repaint and repair the machines and then once a year I make one repair at the shop. Like a yearly service
Plisko

Post by Plisko »

I agree the wear and tear is crazy, even after this new patch it seems really high. Paint is obscene. I am being told after a single year that I have a $40,000 to $50,000 paint bill for one tractor. Who is painting my tractors? DaVinci? Is he painting it with watercolor paints? Obscene. I know not repairing can slow down the tractor. Does paint do anything? Can we all just give up on painting until they fix it? Maybe they would move a little faster if their licensed tractors look like old wrecks in all the YouTube videos?
GothicKing13

Post by GothicKing13 »

Plisko wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 7:15 pm Who is painting my tractors? DaVinci? Is he painting it with watercolor paints? Obscene.
Well... for the record, the achievement awarded for repainting a vehicle is "Van Gogh", so that would be Oil Paints. :hi:
GOTHICKING13 With every deed, you are sowing a seed. Though the harvest, you may not see.
fhinze

Post by fhinze »

Yea, the quick paint degradation is shocking and way too expensive. I come from a farm where we have 10 year old JD Tractors! NONE of them look half as bad as a "NEW" JD tractor in FS22 after a single season's work! In real life you'd fill the tank at least 20 - 50 times, from empty to full, before doing a service (maintenance) and at least a 1000 times before doing a re-paint, if ever! And who sells a perfectly new tractor after 100 hours??? After a 100 hours a tractor is not even run in yet but in FS22 a tractor with 100 hrs is worth trash!!! I mean, after 100 hours you've spent more on maintenance and paint on a tractor than what a new Tractor costs! That's ridiculous!! C'mon GIANTS! Sort this out! This makes "proper" farming in FS22 impossible!!!
humbe

Post by humbe »

Did some analysis of this earlier in a thread that's been buried a bit now: viewtopic.php?f=963&t=187629

Paint damage does nothing in game. I totally ignore the paint condition as it wears down to nothing in about ~24 hours of use. It wears down too quickly, and it's way too expensive to fix, but luckily it has no game effect apart from visuals.

Maintenance costs are also high. But what I dislike more is that they get higher and higher the longer you wait to repair. So I put down an easy to get to repair point and I repair everything after every job to keep repair costs down, which is kind of annoying.

There's a mod for reduced maintenance costs.. Not sure how it affects things..
Steel_Horse

Post by Steel_Horse »

PC mod works a treat and makes a huge difference. Can set % factors for both amount and frequency. On both repair and paint. I dont worry too much about paint but run the two repair settings at either 50 or 75%, depending on how hard I am making my challenge Seems to give much better balance. Can speak to realism as I not a farmer. Does strike me as odd that 100 hours use renders the tractor almost unplayable financially.
humbe

Post by humbe »

Steel_Horse wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 12:33 pm PC mod works a treat and makes a huge difference. Can set % factors for both amount and frequency. On both repair and paint. I dont worry too much about paint but run the two repair settings at either 50 or 75%, depending on how hard I am making my challenge Seems to give much better balance. Can speak to realism as I not a farmer. Does strike me as odd that 100 hours use renders the tractor almost unplayable financially.
Actually, no amount of tractor age makes it cheaper to ditch it for a new one, as the research in the thread above shows.. You lose too much in devaluation initially, to ever make back the money you earn in new tractors needing less maintenance. But with enough hours on it you lose fairly little if exchanging it.

I play without any reduction in games as I try for economic challenges, so cutting the expenses feels like cheating, but repairing often and early can cust the costs considerably too.. Always repairing at 5% compared to repairing at 100% damage cuts the cost with around 80%.
LittleWatt

Post by LittleWatt »

All the vehicles I’ve fully repaired has had those costs covered when selling it back. I had a $15k paint bill when I sold my tractor. I got all that back plus $800. Then three days later that same tractor showed up in the used sales lot. That one actually made me grin.