Fs22 Wear and tear?

Azfoor

Fs22 Wear and tear?

Post by Azfoor »

Is there some console command to stop wear and tear in fs22? Like with the paint I mean. Because it's ridiculously fast and the paint wears on places that wouldn't get worn in like 10 years..! The back of my tractors look like a half chromed mess...!
Shintai

Re: Fs22 Wear and tear?

Post by Shintai »

You know it is bad when your wear and tear is 10x faster than your fuel usage.
masterplan

Post by masterplan »

Yep, this is driving me crazy as well. And if you buy something you're not happy with, even if you didn't use it at all, you loose so much money on selling it back. Let alone is you drove it to a field and found out it's not working to your expectations.
FS22 @ Xbox Series X | waiting for a cool mod map :biggrin2:
Case-man

Post by Case-man »

Is this on console? I play on PC and granted the tractor doesn't have more than 2+ hrs on it but not showing anything.

Also picked up a sweet deal on a used Claas with 32 hrs. Expecting that it would look like rubbish, but there is not a blemish on it. It was down to ish 60% and cost 1900 to repair.
Azfoor

Post by Azfoor »

Case-man wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:21 am Is this on console? I play on PC and granted the tractor doesn't have more than 2+ hrs on it but not showing anything.

Also picked up a sweet deal on a used Claas with 32 hrs. Expecting that it would look like rubbish, but there is not a blemish on it. It was down to ish 60% and cost 1900 to repair.
No I'm on pc. And I haven't used the tractors more then 2hrs in game and the paint is down to 0% fuel has maby gone down ¼.. I know I can just type a command to have it painted every now and then but that is not optimal!
Azfoor

Post by Azfoor »

Shintai wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:51 am You know it is bad when your wear and tear is 10x faster than your fuel usage.
:lol: Yea isn't it wonderful...!
English_farmer

Post by English_farmer »

My new tractor costing hardly anything in repairs. My used fendt I picked up on day 1 for half price costs me a fair old wack on repairs. I thought that was the point in the used machinery though. Small outlay but big running costs
Shintai

Post by Shintai »

I have a feeing fuel and repair have been switched around. And paint wear is just a factor 100-1000x too fast.

The test I did with 3.2Ha field and a season cycle simply shows you can not pay for it all and come out with a profit. Even if you get all the equipment, field etc for free. I had a 48000 paint and repair bill on a brand new harvester with 0.1 hours on it before even leaving the shop.
Last edited by Shintai on Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Riven326

Post by Riven326 »

Shintai wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:51 am You know it is bad when your wear and tear is 10x faster than your fuel usage.
How are things like this still a problem? They've had three years.
Shintai

Post by Shintai »

Riven326 wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:56 pm
How are things like this still a problem? They've had three years.
I wish I knew. I had expected so much more to be done with the extra year. Instead we got a game at least 6 months from release ready. :sadnew:

In terms of fuel and wear. I had to go back and check again. The fuel gage have only moved millimeters after a seasons work on a 3.2Ha field on the tractor 1-2%?. Yet the tractor itself is pretty much 35-40% gone in wear and tear. I would only have to refuel the tractor every 50 years or so at this rate.
Last edited by Shintai on Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mackintosh

Post by mackintosh »

This wouldn't be that much of a problem for PC players if we could easily edit these values, like we can for spray or seed usage. Alas, these must be buried somewhere deeper in the game file. Or maybe I'm just blind and can't find them. Unless... are they a function of vehicle lifetime? Because if that's the case then yeah... not gonna edit every single vehicle xml.
Case-man

Post by Case-man »

Azfoor wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:20 pm
Case-man wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:21 am Is this on console? I play on PC and granted the tractor doesn't have more than 2+ hrs on it but not showing anything.

No I'm on pc. And I haven't used the tractors more then 2hrs in game and the paint is down to 0% fuel has maby gone down ¼.. I know I can just type a command to have it painted every now and then but that is not optimal!
I'll double check this evening after hosing down the tractor. Hmm would be funny if the high pressure hose removed the paint where it had started chipping.

Although I have only played 2 months on 3 days, and 3 months on 1 day. Maybe wear linked to days, so if you play 1 day seasons and zoom through 4 years that it increases wear on tractor? Heavy machinery sometimes have regular service intervals, i.e. XX hours or 6 months whatever comes first.
FarmerJohn89

Post by FarmerJohn89 »

Yup just finished my first be year harvest with a new 724 fendt fuel is still 75% full after 6hrs and my repair bill was $10k and the combine was about 7.
Should of gotten the warranty....
GrimHuffer

Post by GrimHuffer »

There is a workaround if you are comfortable editing some game files. Vastly reduces repair/repaint costs.
mackintosh

Post by mackintosh »

Editing the wearduration entry for every single vehicle? If you only play single player then yes, that could work, but it's hardly a long-term solution. It won't work on future, encrypted DLC.