Thumbs up for Giants

this_is_gav

Re: Thumbs up for Giants

Post by this_is_gav »

JaVaDy wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:20 am In my experience you can test what you want, but when the user hits two keys, there is a glitch or a bug. No QA can prevent that, no testing can prevent that, because you never know what stunts a user (player) pulls to cause glitches or bugs.
Plus it's a game that has so many different approaches and combinations. You can't possibly test every feasible scenario across a mass of different hardware.

Still, the multiplayer connections and download issues were major problems (and still are in the case of multiplayer). For the download they could have offered a torrent option for PC users to lessen the load on their servers, which were clearly insufficient last week (I don't know if they've improved since?). You still need a key to play, or did with FS19, so piracy shouldn't be an issue with a torrent.

I'm on Steam for FS22, so it's been largely smooth for me. Plenty of little bugs in the game, but none game breaking for me.
thumbwiz

Post by thumbwiz »

JaVaDy wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:20 am ....

In my experience you can test what you want, but when the user hits two keys, there is a glitch or a bug. No QA can prevent that, no testing can prevent that, because you never know what stunts a user (player) pulls to cause glitches or bugs.
Maybe that's their problem, they test what they want rather than testing everything.
In my experience, you need a process that includes test cases for every function. If you rush, skip or neglect any of them, you can end up with a sloppy rollout.....19...22.
It's sad that so many people have become accustomed to shoddy work. They accept it, pay for it, and defend it.
X1 / PC gaming
Ontario, Canada
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

thumbwiz wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 1:07 pm

In my experience you can test what you want, but when the user hits two keys, there is a glitch or a bug. No QA can prevent that, no testing can prevent that, because you never know what stunts a user (player) pulls to cause glitches or bugs.
Maybe that's their problem, they test what they want rather than testing everything.
In my experience, you need a process that includes test cases for every function. If you rush, skip or neglect any of them, you can end up with a sloppy rollout.....19...22.
It's sad that so many people have become accustomed to shoddy work. They accept it, pay for it, and defend it.
You mean like 90% of the web?
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
thumbwiz

Post by thumbwiz »

blue_painted wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 1:16 pm

Yes, and that's why companies don't think twice about releasing before they are finished, 90% of the web accepts it. The 10% that call them out because they prefer to get what they paid for are considered haters.
X1 / PC gaming
Ontario, Canada
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

thumbwiz wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:18 pm
blue_painted wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 1:16 pm

Yes, and that's why companies don't think twice about releasing before they are finished, 90% of the web accepts it. The 10% that call them out because they prefer to get what they paid for are considered haters.
Not to mention Apple, Microsoft, Adobe, Oracle and on and on and on?
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
drizz786

Post by drizz786 »

Totaly agree with the op, this is objectively a far more solid release than the last 3 and some nice mods baked in so leaving room for other stuff.
As for never been so disappointed and such well im happy for you as your experience is not the norm.
Many games have released in a very poor state or did no one see cyberflunk?? get a grip or would you prefer 4-6 year dev cycle? might squish a few more bugs before release.
They have made real progress aswell as self publishing and turned out a solid start i think this bodes well for the future of FS.
Ok let the flaming begin .....
thumbwiz

Post by thumbwiz »

drizz786 wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:08 pm Totaly agree with the op, this is objectively a far more solid release than the last 3 and some nice mods baked in so leaving room for other stuff.
As for never been so disappointed and such well im happy for you as your experience is not the norm.
Many games have released in a very poor state or did no one see cyberflunk?? get a grip or would you prefer 4-6 year dev cycle? might squish a few more bugs before release.
They have made real progress aswell as self publishing and turned out a solid start i think this bodes well for the future of FS.
You are solidifying my point about releasing before they're finished because it's accepted as the norm.
What's wrong with waiting 4-6 years for a new version?
Indie developers are making the game companies look like amateur's these days.
X1 / PC gaming
Ontario, Canada
drizz786

Post by drizz786 »

thumbwiz wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:00 pm
drizz786 wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:08 pm Totaly agree with the op, this is objectively a far more solid release than the last 3 and some nice mods baked in so leaving room for other stuff.
They have made real progress as well as self publishing and turned out a solid start i think this bodes well for the future of FS.
You are solidifying my point about releasing before they're finished because it's accepted as the norm.
What's wrong with waiting 4-6 years for a new version?
Indie developers are making the game companies look like amateur's these days.
Well the problem is i agree in large with you're point, my gold standard is Assassins Creed it only got one patch and that was to take it down from dx10.1 to 10 as not enough cards supported it.
Yes a Trippel A (if they still exist) should be the complete product but i just think that given the progress they have made giants should get some appreciation .
I miss proper releases but i am the minority and so i look for the closest match . also Oblivion was almost 10 yrs i think but no game has had the same impact for me since . My comment about 4-6 yr cycle as due to the wailing im hear constantly for the next ES game , and other is ready yet comments about maps/mods and such. id rather wait and get a more complete game which is why giants moving to a 2-3 year cycle is something i want to encourage.
So this being a step up from the last release in many ways, is a good thing.
They have improved, so they deserve recognition of that, that's all.
WolfeUK

Post by WolfeUK »

FS22 may be the best game for what its got, but by far was the worst for not being ready for release, ive had to shelve this game until they sort the stuttering out, after half an hour it gives me a head ache, the only game in 20 years to do that, no wonder they didnt release any console footage prior to release, im just glad i didnt get the season pass version, tired of buying games and shelving them until they fix them.
XB1~PC....I do struggle to understand sometimes, but i try :mrgreen:
JaVaDy

Post by JaVaDy »

WolfeUK wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:33 pm FS22 may be the best game for what its got, but by far was the worst for not being ready for release, ive had to shelve this game until they sort the stuttering out, after half an hour it gives me a head ache, the only game in 20 years to do that, no wonder they didnt release any console footage prior to release, im just glad i didnt get the season pass version, tired of buying games and shelving them until they fix them.
May be you should check your "advanced graphics settings". There are some settings that influence the performance.

The other day was "pumping up" my settings and after that I experienced heavy stutter; pulled back a little and everything was fine again. Have a look at settings concerning anti-alias.

I hope it helps.
Former Xbox One S player, now on PC :-D
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

I agree with the original post, this is a great leap forward from FS19. I didn't expect a smooth release honestly, because they're self-publishing this game and there was bound to be hiccups. The increased communication and the fact that they're taking ideas from the community and implementing them is great too. If they can fix most of the bugs that are reported, I won't have any issues playing the game. What I've always liked about the game is that they can provide the basis of the features/functionalities and make it easy to expand on the game or learn how to create new things with modding.
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
Gormett

Post by Gormett »

Dairydeere wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:44 pmThe increased communication and the fact that they're taking ideas from the community and implementing them is great too.
There's been 0 communication besides an answer or two in a random thread and the "servers aren't working" in announcements channel on Discord
Lexie

Post by Lexie »

In my opinion this game is a big step forward with the new features, however there are to many bugs and there is no communication after release. Also on bug reports you get an default answer back. Where are the communication managers here on the forums?
Miketeg

Post by Miketeg »

Agreed. Game is very good! Not even close of what FS19 was.

But the post-launch communication is still lacking, same problem than FS19.

Can't wait to see how fast fixes/patches will come. That was a big problem in the past edition as well.

Sure thing, they are pretty active in the bug tracker system.
Has been dairy farmer - From Quebec, Canada
French is my first language, please excuse my English :-)
Homerthehulk

Post by Homerthehulk »

Absolutely loving FS22. If we get the same quality mods as we did in FS19 it’s just going to get better.
Massive thanks to team at Giants for all the hard work

One small side note, the engine sounds need turning up.