Thumbs up for Giants

JaVaDy

Thumbs up for Giants

Post by JaVaDy »

There is a lot of Giants bashing going on on serveral fora and I feel there is room for a positive look on things.

I have been playing FS since version 15 and I think this is the best version ever; I'm quite happy with it.

Yesterday I filed a bug report about the harvesting missions, today I got the message "solved in future update". They take us serious and they listen. Look at the mods in testing: the list is growing every day and the mods wil start flowing.

I was a programmer (and team- and projectleader) for more than 30 years and I know the pressure while developing a new version; I can understand the immens pressure after releasing a version when the bug-reports start coming in.

We (all serious players) have to be patient and give the guys and girls from Giants the credit they deserve and the time they need to finish this giant(s) project.

Giants: thanks for your good work so far and good luck for the rest of the job.
Former Xbox One S player, now on PC :-D
JaGoose

Re: Thumbs up for Giants

Post by JaGoose »

Have to agree. Really enjoying the game but I need to stick to one save, there's just too much new stuff to try out. Think i am settled on my new farm now.

Come across a few bugs but nothing game breaking. People must have been playing long enough to know flawless releases of games are quite rare these days. There is nothing in the game that can't be fixed and I am sure the patches will be coming soon. In the meantime I'll keep enjoying the game and look forward to the updaters as and when they happen.
TheSarkY

Post by TheSarkY »

Game has alot of good things I agree there should be positive, I did left negative feedbacks but not because they did bad job, but because some things are missing, some things are really bad for gameplay and I post them as soon as I can because we know with previous games that once game is out and they push few patches that's it. They basicly give up on game and release Only dlc's. It's bad practice on their side and that's reason everyone has to complain or demand things right now, when fixing period finishes that's it.
thumbwiz

Post by thumbwiz »

JaVaDy wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:25 pm There is a lot of Giants bashing going on on serveral fora and I feel there is room for a positive look on things.

I have been playing FS since version 15 and I think this is the best version ever; I'm quite happy with it.

Yesterday I filed a bug report about the harvesting missions, today I got the message "solved in future update". They take us serious and they listen. Look at the mods in testing: the list is growing every day and the mods wil start flowing.

I was a programmer (and team- and projectleader) for more than 30 years and I know the pressure while developing a new version; I can understand the immens pressure after releasing a version when the bug-reports start coming in.

We (all serious players) have to be patient and give the guys and girls from Giants the credit they deserve and the time they need to finish this giant(s) project.

I've been a developer for 25 years. If I ever released anything to the client with as many issues as Giants has, I would have been fired.
How about you? Was it ok for you to release unfinished bug ridden products to your clients?
X1 / PC gaming
Ontario, Canada
FarmerJimbob

Post by FarmerJimbob »

People will always look for reasons to throw their toys out of their pram. Seems to be the way of the world these days. I've only managed about 6 hours in-game so far and while I've seen some imperfections for the most part I think its a real leap forward on FS19. Certain things need ironing out but the game is absolutely playable and I've not seen anything game-breaking.

I don't think you can compare releasing a video game to the public who can choose for themselves whether it's worth their money or not with creating bespoke software for a single client who has fronted the entire development cost.
thumbwiz

Post by thumbwiz »

I just did compare releasing a video game to a paying client, and releasing a help desk app to a paying client. Seems to fit. Some people just don't like it.
X1 / PC gaming
Ontario, Canada
chale8

Post by chale8 »

Deleted, I was annoyed and perhaps naive to expect a working game on week one.
Last edited by chale8 on Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dezza69

Post by Dezza69 »

Totally agree with the original post.

I'm really happy with the game. There's some cool features (like force feedback and the sound system) which I'm rather impressed with.

When watching the pre-release videos from the Devs at Giants, their little faces were all so excited about all the new items they'd been working on, I'm now able to embrace their enthusiasm!!!!

Whilst there may be some "tweaking" needed here and there, overall this is quite a nice game to play, with a massive array of different tasks available across a broad scope.

Have been playing on both Windoze and Apple Silicon, and am also really impressed Giants dropped out native code for the new Apple processors.

I've also noticed however that/how many people on forums have little to no patience/discipline with a newly developed product, prefer to simply more-so whinge than provide positive/constructive/useful criticism/feedback and also seem to enjoy twisting positive threads into negative ones...

--> For me though, it's a big pat on the back and thanks to the team at Giants.

Nice work :biggrin2:

(edit: spelling, grammer)
GrimGandalf

Post by GrimGandalf »

I also agree with the original post here. This game has given me almost everything I’ve wanted. I haven’t quit playing it yet since It came out, and I started with a pre update version. There are definitely some kinks that need worked out, but I’m really enjoying this!
PS4, XBOX X & PC Video Game Farmer
hrvacx

Post by hrvacx »

I agree with the OP. I also posted several issues in the bugtracker hoping it to get resovled. Giants are much more interested in hearing us than ever before. Personally im enjoying FS22 without gamebreaking stuff and i think this is their best game yet at launch, much better than FS19 was at release. They improved alot and they are listening this time.Also they made the game more realistic which i really like. I believe that they will support this game better than previous tittle specialy since they are not bound to publishers wishes and deadlines anymore.
nsp32

Post by nsp32 »

I don’t think I’ve been so disappointed in 25 years of play station gaming when the new 22 came out,compared to 19.But after joining this forum and having a look around,I think I was expecting too much in the first week.I’ve no doubt once the mods start rolling out it will be better.Plenty of good new features but my biggest complaint was the look of the new game.It felt very cartoony,blurry almost.A lot more noticeable going back to FS19 which looked more detailed and crisp.And I have a PS4 pro with 4K tv.BUT,having collected my ps5 today,and trying out fs22,all I can say is WOW!!Totally different look now to the graphics.22 looks so much more detailed and smoother on the ps5.I’ll shall still hang back a bit until some more mods/uk maps arrive,but I was proberly guilty of criticism.But the ps5 has transformed it for me.
garyst

Post by garyst »

If giants were to make it so cotton and wheat would only take 6 months to grow, allow planters to be able to plant sorghum like they are supposed to, fix the fields that I don't own to keep changing cycles and not be stuck in the same withered or plowed stage forever, and allow the pickup trucks to hitch to the header wagons and water wagons I would be 100% happy with the game and my purchase. *thumbsup*
garyst

Post by garyst »

garyst wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:46 am If giants were to make it so cotton and wheat would only take 6 months to grow, allow planters to be able to plant sorghum like they are supposed to, fix the fields that I don't own to keep changing cycles and not be stuck in the same withered or plowed stage forever, and allow the pickup trucks to hitch to the header wagons and water wagons I would be 100% happy with the game and my purchase. *thumbsup*
Edit: spinnery wouldn't let me sell more than 4 round cotton bales so hopefully that gets fixed too.
StoneTheCrows

Post by StoneTheCrows »

I agree with OP.

25 hours of game play since Monday speaks for itself - and I've barely scratched the surface of what's possible.

Looking forward to the first patches, and to the mods.

It's easy to criticise but we forget to say thanks for the good stuff. So ... thanks Giants.
JaVaDy

Post by JaVaDy »

thumbwiz wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:40 pm
JaVaDy wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:25 pm There is a lot of Giants bashing going on on serveral fora and I feel there is room for a positive look on things.

I've been a developer for 25 years. If I ever released anything to the client with as many issues as Giants has, I would have been fired.
How about you? Was it ok for you to release unfinished bug ridden products to your clients?
In my experience you can test what you want, but when the user hits two keys, there is a glitch or a bug. No QA can prevent that, no testing can prevent that, because you never know what stunts a user (player) pulls to cause glitches or bugs.
Former Xbox One S player, now on PC :-D