Spinnery Area Crashing the Game on Haut Beyleron

blue_painted

Re: Spinnery Area Crashing the Game on Haut Beyleron

Post by blue_painted »

Can you check the properties of the game EXE ..

... in particular the byte size, very few if any changes result in the exact same filesize.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
Shintai

Post by Shintai »

Same size to the byte.

Digitally signed on Nov 17.
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

Same signing datetime

My bad - the different log-file heading was because of my startup options -restart -cheats probably the restart.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Here's my Steam X64 Executable Details:

Here's the Giants X64 Executable Details:

A small but slight difference between the two.

My log file posted earlier was also from clean, only difference is instead of using the "-restart" command I'm using the "-skipStartVideos" option, as discovered in FS19 that the -restart command did skip publishing certain information in the log and a couple of times I contacted Giants for support they'd always come back and say without and a full and complete log they wouldn't provide assistance. I couldn't understand why my log was not full and complete, until I realised it was the "-restart" command, so now I use the other command instead to skip the intro menus each time I launch the game, so I can just get straight into the game.

Here's the latest Crash video just to confirm I'm testing on a clean install, new game data, no mods installed, not even the pre-order dlc enabled and the crash occurs more or less in the same place each time:

What is more noticeable in this video, is that the game pauses/stutters twice just before the crash. Like there is clearly something going on in the background it's not happy with and like it's building up to the ultimate crash.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Okay so just got the "Error: failed to create placed resource (BufferPool)" on the Erlengrat map when trying to purchases and place a large Cow Pen. So wonder what this error is actual in reference too.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

I tried, unsuccessfully, to reproduce the crash at the spinnery on Haut Beyleron. I had a wonder around everything up there over and over in the truck and on foot. I was hoping to be able to help shine some light on this as it seems more than a few are having the issue but no such "luck". Really charming map tho. Thinking about giving it a go.
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
vhd

Post by vhd »

I also unable to reproduce. My specs are PC i9-9900K, Win 10 Pro, 32Gb, RTX2080
Did you try to:
- full fresh install, with renaming {HOME}\Documents\My Games\FarmingSimulator22 (or at least shaders cache)
- change graphics settings to super low, just for test
- change graphics API from DX12 to DX11 (or vice-versa)
?
Last edited by vhd on Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
perwel

Post by perwel »

cwattyeso wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:38 pm Okay so just got the "Error: failed to create placed resource (BufferPool)" on the Erlengrat map when trying to purchases and place a large Cow Pen. So wonder what this error is actual in reference too.
Memory problem, BufferPools are in machines memory not graphic card mem. It is as it sound a Pool of Buffers=memory place to put stuff.
Used a lot in many systems. I am a former developer/programmer but retired now.

Turn off things in your machine you do not need. Must be that FS runs out of memory to allocate more Buffers.
It tells me that also with your purchase that went wrong with same error

What are you specs?

I jumped to Spinnery via Map and no problem to walk around whole area
Win 10 Pro, i5 11600K 4.9 Ghz, RTX 3060 Ti 8GB, 32Gb mem, 4 SSD, 2 M2, 1 HDD
Per W
Sweden
perwel

Post by perwel »

Or maybe it could not create the Buffer in the size it wants to.
Win 10 Pro, i5 11600K 4.9 Ghz, RTX 3060 Ti 8GB, 32Gb mem, 4 SSD, 2 M2, 1 HDD
Per W
Sweden
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

vhd wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:45 pm I also unable to reproduce. My specs are PC i9-9900K, Win 10 Pro, 32Gb, RTX2080
Did you try to:
- full fresh install, with renaming {HOME}\Documents\My Games\FarmingSimulator22 (or at least shaders cache)
- change graphics settings to super low, just for test
- change graphics API from DX12 to DX11 (or vice-versa)
?
I have tried several full fresh installs of both the Steam Version of the game and the Giants version. I get the issue with both, which points to it being a game issue in my environment as suggested by Blue Painted above. Other people experiencing this issue must have very similar PC setups or maybe some specific thing in common which is causing this error to happen to use.
I have not set graphics to super low, because on my PC Nvidia auto optimises and sets the graphic settings for the game. All I have done is take the Nvidia recommendation and then turn off settings like the Texture Filtering and Multi Sample Anti Aliasing, because I didn't like how those settings made things look in game.
I have not tried changing Graphics from DX12 to DX11, because I don't believe you can in Farming Simulator 22. I did see in another thread someone tried doing that to get the game to run on their system which was very old, only having a Nvidia 950 graphics card, which obviously does not support DX12. However messing with the xml for settings just then caused the game to not load at all, and when he asked why the response he get from a develop was the game only supports DX12 now.

As for my system specs, here they are listed from the dxdiag report I had to make and send to Giants today regarding this issue, as you can see my PC is more then high enough spec to play this game at super mega turbo options, as it exceeds all minimum/required options by quite a margin. I'm not trying to play this game on a Potato people. This is a PC I play everything on from Flight Simulator 2020 on High Settings to other demanding games such as Red Dead Redemption 2 and Shadow of the Tomb Raider, all of which are running on Ultra settings, and whilst I'm often video capturing and encoding on the same machine at the same time.

Code: Select all

Time of this report: 12/1/2021, 12:06:22
Machine name: DESKTOP-VK3VRKI
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 19044) (19041.vb_release.191206-1406)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
BIOS: 2402 (type: UEFI)
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700K CPU @ 4.40GHz (12 CPUs), ~4.4GHz
Memory: 32768MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 32694MB RAM
Page File: 14267MB used, 23291MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 12
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Display Memory: 27395 MB
Dedicated Memory: 11048 MB
Shared Memory: 16347 MB
Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Sinnerz

Post by Sinnerz »

I get the same error when i'm near the shop in Haut Beyeron so i can't use my vehicles lmao
Xaviondk

Post by Xaviondk »

This is still happening to me. And it feels like its spreading and happening more often. I cant even go past the shop on Heut Beyleron now before its almost a guaranteed crash. This is on a dedicated MP server. But the other players on it doesnt seem to have the issue. Its becoming really frustrating really fast...

Running Giants version on the following system

Ryzen 9 5900X
32 GB RAM 3200 Mhz
MSI X570 motherboard
MSI RTX 3080
Samsung 980 Pro M.2 system drive
Samsung 850 Pro SSD game drive
Corsair AX850W PSU
49" 5120x1440 monitor

So I really doubt its a system memory limit. I have yet to see the game use more than 4 GB of system memory.
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

maybe a "memory leak" in those areas? I have never had this problem on fs but I have seen it on a couple other games. There were spots on the map that would essentially leach resources until it would lag it into a crash. My understanding is that its usually a bit of bad coding which just perpetually eats up your available system ram but idk enough about it to say for sure. Usually its a fairly slow(ish) process but I have seen it on at least one game (there was a spot on one of the Ark maps) where it would lag for like half a second and crash until they patched it. Might not be but... for lack of a better answer, it seems worth considering.
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

It could be a memory leak, but going back to what Perwel said above about Memory Pools/Buffer Pools and my own IT knowledge, it sounds more like the game for whatever reason and certain players machines isn't actually reserving or creating enough memory for it to actually load stuff and render stuff. That's why for me and other players when we go to that area of the Map on Haut Beyleron the game is crashing because when it tries to load the created resources the game hasn't made enough memory for it to place those resources. That would explain why the map crashes instantly for me on the Alpine Map as soon as I add another placeable object to the map, because for some reason the game has not created a large enough pool of memory or the pool is has got is not capable of growing and expanding as players try to load additional resources and objects into it.

So maybe Giants need to understand why on some systems this Memory or Buffer Pool is not being set large enough and why it doesn't expand and grow naturally overtime as players play and build in their saves, and come up with an engine fix for this, or maybe give us somewhere in the options where we can see the Memory/Buffer Pool size and be able to manually increase this and override whatever auto limit the game is detecting if for whatever reason it's detecting wrong.

I have the game installed all by it's lonesome on a 500GB SSD, so there is about 400GB free space on that drive for it to use for caching and storing whatever information it needs whilst the game is running. I have 32GB of RAM which even with the Game Running and my Video Capture stuff is only 41% Loaded so plenty of headroom there for the game to load additional stuff. Processor use with the Game Running and Video Recording/Streaming enabled is only at 22%, so again plenty of additional room on my system for the game to take advantage of. So I don't understand how we can be getting an out of Memory or Low Buffer issue.

JohnDeereFan74

Post by JohnDeereFan74 »

I get this crash on multiple maps, and at random intervals. It's not soley to do with any one part of a map afik. Would be nice if giants could at least tell us what the error means or what causes it.