Spinnery Area Crashing the Game on Haut Beyleron

StoneTheCrows

Re: Spinnery Area Crashing the Game on Haut Beyleron

Post by StoneTheCrows »

I haven't followed this thread previously because I thought it was a PC problem.

I am on PS4.
I finally got round to doing some cotton on the Haut map. I ran a series of deliveries to the spinnery with the Man tractor unit and 2 bale cotton semi. Several times immediately after unloading bales the programme hung for 20-30 seconds before catching up and then returning to normal.

The second year I switched to reversing into the unloading area and didn't experience a problem.

There is obviously a Bermuda Triangle thing going on there.
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

Lactic68 wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:26 pm Error: failed to create placed resource (BufferPool)
Same error here with a fresh new save in the field next to the shop at Haut-Beyleron.

(snip)
If you haven't already, please log the bug yourself, as that's probably the only way to get GIANTS to look into it.

https://feedback.giants-software.com/login_page.php
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
Lactic68

Post by Lactic68 »

blue_painted wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:28 pm
Lactic68 wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:26 pm Error: failed to create placed resource (BufferPool)
Same error here with a fresh new save in the field next to the shop at Haut-Beyleron.

(snip)
If you haven't already, please log the bug yourself, as that's probably the only way to get GIANTS to look into it.

https://feedback.giants-software.com/login_page.php
This might be a "case closed" issue if they can't reproduce it ...that's quite unfortunate
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

cwattyeso wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:56 pm Okay so for the last two days I've been experiencing an issue in the game that if I drive anywhere near the Spinnery Location on Haut Beyleron or even Fast Travel to the Spinnery from the Map Screen the game instantly locks up and then crashes and gives an error ""Error: failed to create placed resource (BufferPool)"

I haven't been able to report this yet due to an ongoing tech issue with the Bug Report Tool. However I have now had a couple of people I play Multiplayer with also confirm in my Discord they are getting the same issue with the Spinnery Area on Haut Beyleron.

If I stay away from that area of the map, don't use the roads near that area, don't go to the GCBH Sell Point near there I can play the game fine. It's just a little frustrating that one time you forget, having spent a few hours doing a harvest contract, and go to deliver the crops to complete the contract at GCBH and it crashes and you lose a couple of hours of game progress because you hadn't saved in the session.
viewtopic.php?f=964&t=187777&p=1476223#p1476223
Shintai

Post by Shintai »

The spinnery crash finally seems resolved after 3 months in patch 1.3.
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

Shintai wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 11:22 am The spinnery crash finally seems resolved after 3 months in patch 1.3.
I won't believe it until I see cwattyeso's report -- but good news! :mrgreen:
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

It's still a strange one how it effected some and not others.
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Interesting I'll have to test it later and see if the issue has been resolved for me as well. I'm quickly looking through the patch notes to see what's changed whilst also having to re-edit and modify a whole bunch of files in the game's data folder that have been overwritten by the Patch 1.3 update and thus have removed some of my self-made tweaks and improvements to stuff. I don't see anything in the notes specifically about the ResourceBufferPool being addressed or what it could have fallen under in their list of changes, improvements and fixes, but it'll be nice if it is fixed. Only been four months since game released to now have it playable.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Okay so just loaded up the game and can confirm with Patch 1.3 installed I can now travel to the Spinnery Area on Haut Beyleron or the GCHB Grain Elevator and not get the crash. So looks like that bug has been silently fixed. However I have now discovered a new issue as a result of today's patch. If I tab out of game to check on my browser, or check my OBS is recording/streaming okay and then try to tab back to the game, the game will not let me back in. I get a brief black screen and then get returned to the desktop. So for the time being, I'm having to avoid tabbing out of the game at all, otherwise I can't tab back in and end up having to close the game with task manager.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

Hmmm.
Not that it helps on that issue a lot, but i can tab out of the game, and have no issue getting back in
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...