Lets talk about the maps

Fordimus

Lets talk about the maps

Post by Fordimus »

I'm specifically talking about Elm Creek. Its a great map, one of my favorites.

But to get to my point, the multiple farms located around the map.

I remember watching the trailers, examining the map, and watching the various youtubers/streamers, and noticed there are multiple farms placed around the map. Great! Now, if I play with friends, there's an actual second or third farm plot to have a farm! Just for tests sake, I bought one of these plots of land. While the buildings look great, silos, sheds, farmhouses all on the plots already, none are functional, and I couldn't sell/delete them. Quick disappointment.

I can't speak for Heaut Beylaron, and Erlengrat for sure doesn't have the second farm plots, but it was a big missed opportunity for Giants in my opinion. I thought they finally considered multiplayer and having separate farms on the base maps. Just seems like a missed opportunity. Shame.
StoneTheCrows

Re: Lets talk about the maps

Post by StoneTheCrows »

Just the one prepared area on Haut Beyleron.
Fordimus

Post by Fordimus »

Bah!

As hard as they pushed multiplayer seems like they would've incorporated multiple farmsteads on the new maps. Considering Elm Creek has them built in, but unusable is a bit silly, and if you buy the land you can't even sell the placed buildings to put usable ones.
thumbwiz

Post by thumbwiz »

Giants logic. They put all kinds of stuff on the map that can't be removed with the build tool.
X1 / PC gaming
Ontario, Canada
hun3

Post by hun3 »

I was watching Farmer Klein videos he said the same thing and I agree what a shame those are useless but I'm hoping modders will fix that problem. I also think it would add so much to the game if the factories had some animation for example I see conveyer belts on the grape factory but when you dump grapes they wont animate.

Its the little things :)
Fordimus

Post by Fordimus »

I'm sure when we get the Easy Dev Controls mod back we'll be able to hide the buildings and build over where they were, but its a shame they built all these nice farms with silos and nice multilevel barns just to be unusable. And on top of that allowing us to buy the land they're on, only to not be able to sell/remove/use them. A bit of an oversight.

As far as the small animations, I don't think that'll happen anytime soon unfortunately. Being a smaller community Giants has to cater to the lowest denominator, potato computers and old gen consoles, and all the added animations would probably be too taxing on those machines. But I agree, seeing the mills with the conveyor belts going overhead would be cool to see them all animated. Maybe we'll get modded ones where they will be.

Also, how long til unofficial wine/beer production mods :D lol
TheGazbeard

Post by TheGazbeard »

Has anyone been able to buy either of the pre-existing BGAs on Elmcreek yet?
My FarmSim farms on YouTube - Gazbeard
My FarmSim farms on Twitch - TheGazbeard
DMZ Commander

Post by DMZ Commander »

TheGazbeard wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:10 am Has anyone been able to buy either of the pre-existing BGAs on Elmcreek yet?
My understanding is that you physically have to go to the location to buy it. You can't purchase it in the same manner you did in FS19
PC Master Race
Phanteks Enthoo Elite
Z590 Godlike
i9 11900k
RTX 3090
64GB Ram
x2 2TB SSD
Oddyssey Neo G9
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

DMZ is correct. But you can still sell silage and manure there without owning it. You just don't get any bi products. It's 1.5 mil to buy though.
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
Deereslayer

Post by Deereslayer »

Let's get Millennial Farmer or Welker on 22 ASAP. These base game maps just don't have a real life feel. And I like an actual set up working farm already, not building my own. Would also take American Farm life map.
TheGazbeard

Post by TheGazbeard »

Thanks DMZ and FarmCat - being able to sell at the BGA without buying it is an improvement (I was never really happy with the idea that the farm had to own the BGA - you don't see a BGA per farm in real life do you?)

Now, the elephant in the room with FS22 that I've not seen anyone mention yet ... what happened to Precision Farming?
My FarmSim farms on YouTube - Gazbeard
My FarmSim farms on Twitch - TheGazbeard
Deereslayer

Post by Deereslayer »

Precision farming will be out in spring of 22 its been said. Should have been base game, don't understand how new games start out 50% behind the previous version.
Shintai

Post by Shintai »

Deereslayer wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:04 pm Precision farming will be out in spring of 22 its been said. Should have been base game, don't understand how new games start out 50% behind the previous version.
So you can release them before they are ready and sell part of the game as DLCs. And if you make a free one the trick is to show they look generous.
plowboy1992

Post by plowboy1992 »

Shintai wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:46 am
Deereslayer wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:04 pm Precision farming will be out in spring of 22 its been said. Should have been base game, don't understand how new games start out 50% behind the previous version.
So you can release them before they are ready and sell part of the game as DLCs. And if you make a free one the trick is to show they look generous.
another farmboss how many are there?