To plow or use a subsoiler?

Balsafer

To plow or use a subsoiler?

Post by Balsafer »

So I thought i had one more day to harvest a field but turns out i did not how does one clear a withered field? Use a plow or subs oilier? I been using the sub soiler because I really do not like the angled plows. But is it the correct tool to use for the job?
DirectCedar

Re: To plow or use a subsoiler?

Post by DirectCedar »

Balsafer wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:50 pm So I thought i had one more day to harvest a field but turns out i did not how does one clear a withered field? Use a plow or subs oilier? I been using the sub soiler because I really do not like the angled plows. But is it the correct tool to use for the job?
In real life you'd either mow or chop it to shred the residue so you could seed into it, or plough or disk to bury the residue so you could seed into it. In the game it doesn't matter; anything that cultivates or ploughs or direct-drills will do it.
ace54858

Post by ace54858 »

DirectCedar wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:54 pm
Balsafer wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:50 pm So I thought i had one more day to harvest a field but turns out i did not how does one clear a withered field? Use a plow or subs oilier? I been using the sub soiler because I really do not like the angled plows. But is it the correct tool to use for the job?
In real life you'd either mow or chop it to shred the residue so you could seed into it, or plough or disk to bury the residue so you could seed into it. In the game it doesn't matter; anything that cultivates or ploughs or direct-drills will do it.
would a mulching work as well? i know you can mulch fields that have stubble.
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

Probably? I haven't explored at all yet how Giants has implemented the mulching operation/field state. You'd have to test it. In real life, mulching would be similar to the mowing/chopping option for knocking down the long biomass. You could then seed into it with (some designs of) a zero-till drill, or do your normal cultivation operations if you use tillage, since the long straw would be chopped up enough that it would flow through a cultivator.