Fuel usages

NickCooper

Fuel usages

Post by NickCooper »

I personally think per hr of machine use should be almost a tank of fuel. Does anyone else agree with me on this? I play on consaul.

Nick
Illinois Farmer

Re: Fuel usages

Post by Illinois Farmer »

No, not even close to realistic. Giants use realistic tank size and usage information. Now could they have an high option, sure, but not every hour. That's really ridiculous.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Jlf85

Post by Jlf85 »

Most machines I have run in my life, if you work them hard for 10-12 hours, they will be needing a drink, but not a single hour.
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Chiseling uses more than discing, but even chiseling this year I was doing an acre for every gallon, so with the 8r I could do more than 150 acres before needing to fill it. The combine we filled every 3rd day with fuel and def. The 8130 on the grain cart and 7800 running wagons was about every 4th day. It all depends how hard they are working.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

I wish that the engine hours multiplied by the same amount of time as you have your game speed to. As in, if you're playing 5x speed, the engine hours would accumulate 5x faster. It's been three years and I have never filled my tank yet lol
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
NickCooper

Post by NickCooper »

Just not high enough in the game
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

Hopefully soon Realismus will have their fuel usage mod out
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
BSturkie

Post by BSturkie »

Actually the normal fuel usage is fairly accurate. It also fluctuates with the engine load.
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

FarmCatJenkins wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:54 am Hopefully soon Realismus will have their fuel usage mod out
This exactly, it did exactly what was needed, but if Realismus are reading ... it would be good to have "High", "Very High" and "Ridiculous" :mrgreen:

Personally I'm not really concerned how accurate the fuel usage, but it has to have a game effect or there's no point in having it.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
Shintai

Post by Shintai »

Currently fuel usage is extremely low, on the other hand wear and tear is through the roof.

I can likely process 50-60Ha land in a tractor for a full season before needing refueling even once. Same with the harvester.
JD92

Post by JD92 »

BSturkie wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:49 am Actually the normal fuel usage is fairly accurate. It also fluctuates with the engine load.
Maybe this time they can make them for consoles too.
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

NickCooper wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:57 pm I personally think per hr of machine use should be almost a tank of fuel. Does anyone else agree with me on this? I play on consaul.

Nick
We should at least have that option if we wanted. And if you dont’t want it, then you can use the current options.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
Pwnocchio

Post by Pwnocchio »

NickCooper wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:57 pm I personally think per hr of machine use should be almost a tank of fuel. Does anyone else agree with me on this? I play on consaul.

Nick
I've never understood why you pay more in repairs than you do in diesel.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

Yep. Has been a requested option for years now but it ain't happening.

But it's totally "realistic" that driving a tractor 100 yards down the road does $2,500 damage and requires a repaint of $18,000.

I'm starting my second year in-game and I have only one tractor that does everything except loader work and I'm down about 1/8 of a tank.

I usually get tired of a map before I have to refuel a machine in FS.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
Kayrne

Post by Kayrne »

Pwnocchio wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:57 pm

Nick
I've never understood why you pay more in repairs than you do in diesel.
This is my main issue as well. I want to be using the fuel trailers more often than once every 10 in game years. Meanwhile not having to repair my vehicle every 10 in game minutes