FS22 Quit Game question

Miketeg

Re: FS22 Quit Game question

Post by Miketeg »

Most of the time, going back to desktop.

Sometimes, memory error before exiting...

No effect on my gameplay, so I'm "ok" with it.
Has been dairy farmer - From Quebec, Canada
French is my first language, please excuse my English :-)
GrimHuffer

Post by GrimHuffer »

This is a know bug, covered in other threads. Giants are aware of it and have mentioned that a fix will be issed with the next patch (which should be here before the end of the month).

Side note: I'm not certain this is caused by mods. People who don't use mods at all experience the same issue. I have had this happen since day one, with mods or without.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

I've heard the same I think it's an underlying issue in the game itsel.
Phlonk

Post by Phlonk »

I also get this, it shows as an application error in windows event alert 1000:

Faulting application name: FarmingSimulator2022Game.exe, version: 9.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x61951f0e
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.22000.348, time stamp: 0x065c557a
Exception code: 0xe24c4a02
Fault offset: 0x000000000004478c
Faulting process id: 0x32dc
Faulting application start time: 0x01d7e877ca9d9e94
Faulting application path: D:\Games\Farming Simulator 2022\x64\FarmingSimulator2022Game.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: 960dbca9-6df7-4aaf-b1ea-1cc4fd29b2c9
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Hope they get this fixed along with everything else.
road_clam

Post by road_clam »

So this issue is definately correlated to my mods. I removed all my mods and now I exit game back to the main menu as it should. I was running about 25 mods so this is going to be a PIA to diagnose. I basically have to single load each individual mod and quit game test. I do know that the Claas XERION SADDLE TRACK Pack DLC is not causing the problem.

**UPDATE** I started diagnosing by adding my earliest dated 4 separate mods into the mods folder and started the game. Same issue of quiting to my desktop. I incramentally removed one mod at a time and started the game and exited. Every mod in the folder caused me to quit to desktop. Once the folder was empty of mods, then the game would exit to the game's main menu. Clearly this is some type of bug conflict with mods present in the folder.
Caracarn2

Post by Caracarn2 »

I have been playing with this on my machine today as I am having the game hang on saving at time. I thought I figured it out (and may have found the mod culprit that did that), but in this regard yes, any script mod causes it to bounce to desktop and not menu. I have been adding and, if the problem resurfaces, removing one mod at a time and none of the vehicle or building mods are causing the issue.
platytpus

Post by platytpus »

Fs22 freezes every time I quit game. I have to alt tab to force close it. There are no mods on the server
aerobroken

Post by aerobroken »

Is issue w/ game *exe not mod due to it doesn't show in *.log as when a mod is bad -- Confirmed working Workaround, use console and type "quit", and will exit w/ no error / *.dmp created. Clean close to desktop, and a clean "CrashDumps" folder.