FS22 Quit Game question

road_clam

FS22 Quit Game question

Post by road_clam »

Guys ,
When you click on the "Quit Game" box are you getting sent to the main menu or are you getting bounced out of the game completely and sent to your desktop ? I'm getting tossed to my desktop, when in FS19 it sent you back to the main menu ??
Last edited by road_clam on Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
DMZ Commander

Re: FS22 Quit Game question

Post by DMZ Commander »

If I use my controller to hit the button to quit it goes to desktop....if I select the button with my mouse it goes to the main menu........same situation with when I install a mod and it asks me to restart the game
PC Master Race
Phanteks Enthoo Elite
Z590 Godlike
i9 11900k
RTX 3090
64GB Ram
x2 2TB SSD
Oddyssey Neo G9
Sascha_valieri

Post by Sascha_valieri »

road_clam wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:43 am Guys ,
When you click on the "Quit Game" box are you getting sent to the main menu or are you getting bounced out of the game completely and set to your desktop ? I'm getting tossed to my desktop, when in FS19 it sent you back to the main menu ??
Yes.
sometimes Menu, sometimes desktop...
GothicKing13

Post by GothicKing13 »

It's been going to menu for me... but tonight, every time I click quit game I'm getting sent back to desktop. My log is clean and everything seems to be fine other than that. So, I don't know. :confusednew:
GOTHICKING13 With every deed, you are sowing a seed. Though the harvest, you may not see.
BSturkie

Post by BSturkie »

I have found that any mod that is a script mod,i.e cutter fix,create field with cultivator,causes the game to crash to desktop. If you disable all mods not vehicles and equipment it will take you back to the main menu.If you enable just one of the script mods it will kick you back to desktop. Might have something to do with the difference in the script from FS19 to FS22.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

Stated off working fine for me but now every time it quits to the desktop running no mods and no errors in the log. Since it started doing it I now also have random round straw bales appearing when I am viewing a piece of equipment in the shop anyone else getting the same ?
GothicKing13

Post by GothicKing13 »

BSturkie wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:43 am I have found that any mod that is a script mod,i.e cutter fix,create field with cultivator,causes the game to crash to desktop. If you disable all mods not vehicles and equipment it will take you back to the main menu.If you enable just one of the script mods it will kick you back to desktop. Might have something to do with the difference in the script from FS19 to FS22.
Huh, I didn't even think about that one... out of those. I do indeed run the cutter fix. I loved that mod in FS19 and when I seen it returned I was quick to grab it back for FS22. I mean, my game doesn't crash during game play, just on the Quit Game Button. So, it's livable unless it breaks something else. :hi:

EDIT: You're are 100% correct, m8. I went ahead and have taken out the Cutter Fix mod and my game has stopped closing out. When I click quit game now, I go back to the main menu. I guess for now I'll go ahead and leave the mod out and try it again after an update comes out.
Last edited by GothicKing13 on Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
GOTHICKING13 With every deed, you are sowing a seed. Though the harvest, you may not see.
u2020bullet

Post by u2020bullet »

Mostly crashes to desktop, every once in a while works as it should and brings me back to the menu.
alanarientiziech

Post by alanarientiziech »

Sascha_valieri wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:23 am
Yes.
sometimes Menu, sometimes desktop...
I've laughed loud hahahaha
deerefarm

Post by deerefarm »

Yes I have found the same thing and it only happens with certain mods installed, like Field Cultivator Creator. If I delete that mod the game behaves normally.
Have been playing FS since FS 2011 came out and still going strong. *thumbsup*
Check out Dairy Air Farms https://www.youtube.com/c/DairyAirFarms
b101uk

Post by b101uk »

the Sleep Anywhere mod on modhub causes the game to often crash when you click quit to exit back to the main menu.

removing it stopped the problem for me when quitting back to the main menu
plays FS15/FS17/FS19/FS22 on PC
:zunge:
michele1048

Post by michele1048 »

40€ thrown in the garbage
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

Hopefully the mods that cause it get an update, in the meantime I'll carry on using them as long as I run into no other issues. Given they are mods off the modhub these issues really should have been caught in testing.
gordon861

Post by gordon861 »

Getting the same here, nice to see that Giants MOD testing QA is still of the same standard.
--------------
Hey Giants, when are you going to pull your head out of your backsides and actually talk to us?
Drarix

Post by Drarix »

Just bought the Game today and I have the same problem.