Number plate

English_farmer

Number plate

Post by English_farmer »

I can't customise number plates because I can only select letters, not any numbers or symbols. I've tried everything to get it to work. On PS4. Am I missing something or is it a bug?
FarmCatJenkins

Re: Number plate

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

Did you change the type? I know on Elm Creek there are two types. One has numbers first (which will only allow you to select numbers) and the other is 9 characters which will let you select anything.
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
English_farmer

Post by English_farmer »

Yes I tried both types. It just won't let me even highlight any numbers or symbols even though they aren't greyed out
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

English_farmer wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:32 am Yes I tried both types. It just won't let me even highlight any numbers or symbols even though they aren't greyed out
What platform are you on? I'm on PC and it's working for me.

On the two European maps there's a number plate type that looks almost right for UK vehicles ... except there's no space character available!
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
GrimHuffer

Post by GrimHuffer »

It may be a bug.

I have the same issue (though it's intermittent) when I try to type the letters and numbers using the keyboard. If I instead use the mouse to select them it works fine.
cedricthecat

Post by cedricthecat »

I couldn't find anything even remotely similar to UK style, got annoyed and tried putting a slightly rude word in - and got censored!

(See here)
Played FS2013 and FS15 on PS3
Playing FS17, FS19 and now FS22 on PS4
Playing FS22 on PC
//www.natterzone.net
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

cedricthecat wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:14 am I couldn't find anything even remotely similar to UK style, got annoyed and tried putting a slightly rude word in - and got censored!

(See here)
This is as close as I can get

But I just noticed that I can't gamepad from the numbers to the letters. Off to the bug-tracker in a minute!
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
KrS14

Post by KrS14 »

I couldn't find a way to do spaces on PC either. Kind of a let down.
gordon861

Post by gordon861 »

What I want to know is why the hell I can't use my keyboard that connected to my PC to set the number plate?
--------------
Hey Giants, when are you going to pull your head out of your backsides and actually talk to us?