AI workers

norfolk farmer

Re: AI workers

Post by norfolk farmer »

PrincessJessi84 wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:27 pm I love sending AI to deliver or pick something up. I usually don't use the AI very much at all but this time around I figured I would keep a farm hand on the payroll.
Which map are you playing on ? I am on the French map and I can use them ok ( just don't watch them driving :lol: ) to deliver crop to my silo but as of yet they refuse to deliver anything to any of the sell points.
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

I am on elm creek. I just keep it simple and have them park (finish the trip) just off the main road. I haven't done anything too complex with them yet as I haven't really needed them to. Mostly its just errands. Take the flat bed to the store, drive to/from a production building, drive the tractor home. My thing is I never ask them to go too far away from main roads. When you ask them to travel down dirt roads or get too far off a main road they starting refusing. Park in the entry way of the farm/production building/store. I need to try to really put them thru the motions more but I guess I am just kind of used to driving everywhere myself so I just do it myself without even remembering that the AI *may* be able to help
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
mackintosh

Post by mackintosh »

The driving AI on Elmcreek is atrocious. I've only had half a dozen or so successful grain deliveries to my silo, all from nearby fields. Not even one over distance without the AI getting stuck on a bridge, a parked car or just flat out in the middle of the road claiming an object in the way that wasn't there. Not a single successful harvester A to B transfer without it jackknifing the header trailer. None. Zero. No successful grain deliveries to the oil plant. A 50% success rate at the grain mill. Most A to B transfers of regular equipment also require babysitting.

It's a great feature in theory, and one we've been asking for since the dawn of time, but it is nowhere near ready for alpha testing, let alone release into the wild.
snyperal

Post by snyperal »

It is just about acceptable on HB map. As was said above take them to a road first. I did have one successfully take a load drop it off and come back. Probably tipped some off for a back hander on the way mind.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

In terms of setting a destination I think it's largely useable. It doesn't always like having a destination off a road, and the starting position needs to be clear, but it's OK.

I do think it should be marked as an alpha or beta function in game though so it's clear it's a feature in development rather than the finished article.

It's certainly got a lot of potential going forward though.

As for field work, well it's about where FS19 was on the equipment I've used, which I said I was OK with so long as it was improved in updates. It tends to stop regularly if the field has a slight curve - even on one of the small starter fields on Elmcreek (45) which has a curved corner it doesn't turn around to cultivate or drill but just stops. Many improvements needed in updates on this area of the AI too.
bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim »

Other than costing 2.5x what they cost previously, I think the AI system does better than in FS19. I have several weird shaped fields and after doing the headlands myself, the AI does better than I was expecting.
mackintosh

Post by mackintosh »

I don't see all that much difference in field AI behaviour tbh. It feels like FS17 with some minor refinements. It still needs plenty of headland to turn around properly, and if you remove some obstacles (like trees around the creeks) it will still blindly charge into the riverbed or get stuck on a bridge. All in all AI is a forgettable affair. I just hope whatever they did do won't negatively impact Courseplay, because that would be a disaster as far as my plans for FS22 go.
ThatCanadianGuy

Post by ThatCanadianGuy »

I switched back to 19 after ~20 hours in 22. I've been using courseplay for so long I forgot how bad Giants AI was, I couldn't do it.
Former real life farmer of lentils, mustard, and wheat on the Canadian prairies.
wrs

Post by wrs »

See this is what I don't understand, Courseplay and the workers actually work in the field, You can set the headlands and up/downs etc etc.

Giants AI is still as stupid as they ever were. Ok yes, the fact they can drive from field to yard or field to field etc yes useful when they behave but why on earth do they have to cross over a road to turn round to do the next pass is just beyond me.

For crying out aloud Giants, Sort this out for once and for all or let the guys from Courseplay sort it out for you as you clearly don't have a clue!!
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

bossmanslim wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:24 pm Other than costing 2.5x what they cost previously, I think the AI system does better than in FS19. I have several weird shaped fields and after doing the headlands myself, the AI does better than I was expecting.
I agree. They seem to like to find steeper angles at the field edge by reversing in the same row better when harvesting I've noticed.
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
road_clam

Post by road_clam »

wrs wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:56 pm See this is what I don't understand, Courseplay and the workers actually work in the field, You can set the headlands and up/downs etc etc.

Giants AI is still as stupid as they ever were. Ok yes, the fact they can drive from field to yard or field to field etc yes useful when they behave but why on earth do they have to cross over a road to turn round to do the next pass is just beyond me.

For crying out aloud Giants, Sort this out for once and for all or let the guys from Courseplay sort it out for you as you clearly don't have a clue!!
Says you. NOT me. I for one am very impressed at how much better the FS22 AI's handle situational travel variables and obstructions. They react far more "logical" than in FS19. The FS22 AI's get a little quirky at road intersections but it's NO BIG DEAL. Are the FS22 AI's perfect ? Of course not, but compared to FS19 where I was constantly "re-pathing" driving loops in attempts to guarantee an unobstructed travel path, it seems that now in FS22 the AI have the capability to forsee obstructions and react rather than just drive right into an obstruction. Good job GIANTS, very nice AI improvments !
Tractorman3500

Post by Tractorman3500 »

Does anyone else still have a problem even after the patch with all the mods where there worker will get to the end of the field then turn back and forth then drive off into the sunset??
lawm

Post by lawm »

Hossjb wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:31 am Ai just simply will not do anything properly on PS5 except fieldwork. Anything else it always says “Target is unreachable”.Complete TRASH.
You gotta select the machine then set destination then start job. Not sure if its when a worker is already going the menu is deceptive but I have yet to not make a worker work as intended on ps4.

Now I hope Giants doesnt mess with it as I am finally figuring some of it out.
Seedy

Post by Seedy »

I usually pick a spot on the road to send my AIs to if they claim target is unreachable, if they still claim it I reposition the rig I am trying to send.
I have had almost no luck with load, or load & deliver, jobs on HB.
Delta Pheonix

Post by Delta Pheonix »

Can the AI Workers, work on mod maps such as the OHIO Map.

I have tried to hire a worker for field work by creating the job but as soon as I press to start the job. The green phrase states the worker has completed their job but I am still in the vehicle and it has not moved an inch.

Many Thanks

Delta