AI workers

Tractorman3500

AI workers

Post by Tractorman3500 »

I’ve been wondering if there will be an update to the game where we can plan field routes for the workers. As similar to the coursplay mods. I’m asking if this will be a thing for console too. I feel like it could work considering there’s already a screen set for ai workers. Thanks
Noraf

Re: AI workers

Post by Noraf »

They have said that the ai is an ongoing development, and will be evolving over time.
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
mackintosh

Post by mackintosh »

I wouldn't hold my breath. In 10 years they haven't managed to get them to work a non-rectangular field without issues. Take from that what you will.
Shintai

Post by Shintai »

mackintosh wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:20 am I wouldn't hold my breath. In 10 years they haven't managed to get them to work a non-rectangular field without issues. Take from that what you will.
This is also why all the FS22 maps needs redesign. I cant believe they designed the maps so poorly without thinking on their own AI. Fields are too close together as well, that confuses the AI even more. Not to mention there is little to no room for the AI to navigate outside the field.

Current FS22 maps will never work with the AI. Will Giants fix it? I will be surprised if so as it breaks current progression. But without redesign people cant use them.

Look at the Felsbrunn map from FS19. You know there is a few fields the AI cant handle due to shapes and 1 field that is a complete mess. But equally important, look at the areas around the field for the AI to navigate.
The US map was already a dumpster fire there and the DLC one wasn't much better.

Now look at FS22 maps, majority of fields are oddly shaped, almost no fields have any navigation room. Not a single one of them is functionally working.
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

I'm just 20 hours into '22, and the only two -2- problems i've had with the ai is a driver that got confused by a crossing train, and when i tried to send a worker to cultivate a cultivated field, witch is still refuses to do ( so subsoilers etc is still an issue)
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

I don't mind what they do with the base game maps, because I seldom play on them, but for the AI to be any good it has to cope with natural shaped fields, with hedges and ditches right up to the headland. That means the AI has to be able to turn on the field and then go back and do the headlands: CoursePlay did it.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
Tractorman3500

Post by Tractorman3500 »

Also has anyone had problems with the AIs not recognizing that they are in a field. Then you have to do the field yourself?? I’ve also had a problem with my game not taking the seasonal growth option out. It lets me change the setting but still stays in the seasonal growth.
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

Tractorman3500 wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:43 am Also has anyone had problems with the AIs not recognizing that they are in a field. Then you have to do the field yourself?? I’ve also had a problem with my game not taking the seasonal growth option out. It lets me change the setting but still stays in the seasonal growth.
What are you trying to do in your field that they won't recognize?
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
Drmattymd

Post by Drmattymd »

Sometimes if I try to start a fresh field with AI, I will get that error but I've found that if I manually start and then hit hire worker they will take over and do the rest of the field
Playing on PC and PS4
Phi258

Post by Phi258 »

Drmattymd wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:09 pm Sometimes if I try to start a fresh field with AI, I will get that error but I've found that if I manually start and then hit hire worker they will take over and do the rest of the field
Yep, I bought the game last night and encountered this on the very first field, ps5. It started off fine and then about 7 passes up and down the field it suddenly kept adding field not found error. Even worse I can't with the field manually, nothing happens with the equipment turned on etc. It's a brick, can't do anything and I've no money to buy other fields. Quite annoyed, literally 2 hours into the game, and a game breaking bug
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

So far my issues with the AI have been pretty minimal. I had one skip over to my other field and seed it as well as the intended one. And I learned sending the AI down the road in a rear steer vehicle doesn't work as well.. if they come across any traffic they will try to adjust course, oversteer and then just drive in circles. Otherwise the field AI has worked pretty well and I love sending AI to deliver or pick something up. I usually don't use the AI very much at all but this time around I figured I would keep a farm hand on the payroll.
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
paul_c

Post by paul_c »

I've seen issues with the AI too, but I just interpret it as a part of the gameplay - think, a student doing a bit of extra work in the summer holidays or something. They can do the basics, but give them anything too complicated and they need to be helped or just can't do it.

Also I've not convinced one of them to properly seed fields yet either, so I've had to do all the drilling which was very boring until I rented a monster drill!
Hossjb

Post by Hossjb »

Ai just simply will not do anything properly on PS5 except fieldwork. Anything else it always says “Target is unreachable”.Complete TRASH.
crash

Post by crash »

On ireggular fields, like with a angled end, start them on the shortest side, so that the turn into the longer swath next to them, if you do the opposite, they drive to far and won't see anything that they can change field state on next to them..
Xbox series s and pc :gamer:
In Norway
Drmattymd

Post by Drmattymd »

Hossjb wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:31 am Ai just simply will not do anything properly on PS5 except fieldwork. Anything else it always says “Target is unreachable”.Complete TRASH.
I find that sometimes you might have to move to a better starting position if I get that message.
Playing on PC and PS4