Seasons nothing like the one on 19

Bobbydj1980

Seasons nothing like the one on 19

Post by Bobbydj1980 »

Hopefully Giants corrects seasons I've noticed that apparently grass doesn't disappear if you leave it I mean come it's nice having this in base game but you could have at least got things similar to the other seasons in 19 hopefully a patch comes out to correct this
Love farming simulator I play on the Xbox series x orangebeach Alabama
iwan073

Re: Seasons nothing like the one on 19

Post by iwan073 »

Guess they didn’t want to make it so complicated.

It’s still a game of course.
I’m glad it doesn’t include everything from the Seasons mod
Ignorance is bliss
GothicKing13

Post by GothicKing13 »

Well, for the record... when it was announced that "seasonal cycles" was in the base game. It was being called "seasonal cycles" for a reason. As for it was going to be nothing like we're used to with the actual seasons mod that we had with FS19. So, expect a lot of the base game FS elements to be there for the more casual players instead of having the hardcore seasons elements. Now, don't get me wrong. I to loved the original seasons mod, but I'm happy with what I got. But, on GIANTS part and with everything that has been stated from the moment that they announced it. It's working as intended. There is no patch for it needed. :hi:
GOTHICKING13 With every deed, you are sowing a seed. Though the harvest, you may not see.
Shintai

Post by Shintai »

Hopefully we will see a seasons mod if they dont improve it.
u2020bullet

Post by u2020bullet »

GothicKing13 wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:15 pm Well, for the record... when it was announced that "seasonal cycles" was in the base game. It was being called "seasonal cycles" for a reason. As for it was going to be nothing like we're used to with the actual seasons mod that we had with FS19. So, expect a lot of the base game FS elements to be there for the more casual players instead of having the hardcore seasons elements. Now, don't get me wrong. I to loved the original seasons mod, but I'm happy with what I got. But, on GIANTS part and with everything that has been stated from the moment that they announced it. It's working as intended. There is no patch for it needed. :hi:
Honestly, i don't think they were aiming for anything too detailed regarding both seasons and productions, i think they're both meant more as a vanilla framework that modders can use to make better and bigger mods than they were able to in previous games. This is also the reason i purchased the game, modding's gonna be lit once it takes off.
Bobbydj1980

Post by Bobbydj1980 »

Shintai wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:19 pm Hopefully we will see a seasons mod if they dont improve it.
That's what I'm hoping for
Love farming simulator I play on the Xbox series x orangebeach Alabama
GothicKing13

Post by GothicKing13 »

u2020bullet wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:22 pm Honestly, i don't think they were aiming for anything too detailed regarding both seasons and productions, i think they're both meant more as a vanilla framework that modders can use to make better and bigger mods than they were able to in previous games. This is also the reason i purchased the game, modding's gonna be lit once it takes off.
Agreed! I just wish they'd of gave us "something" for potatoes... :lol:
GOTHICKING13 With every deed, you are sowing a seed. Though the harvest, you may not see.
u2020bullet

Post by u2020bullet »

GothicKing13 wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:35 pm
u2020bullet wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:22 pm Honestly, i don't think they were aiming for anything too detailed regarding both seasons and productions, i think they're both meant more as a vanilla framework that modders can use to make better and bigger mods than they were able to in previous games. This is also the reason i purchased the game, modding's gonna be lit once it takes off.
Agreed! I just wish they'd of gave us "something" for potatoes... :lol:
What do you mean? I rarely planted those back in 19. Is there some needed change?
GothicKing13

Post by GothicKing13 »

No, no... I mean... yeah. Some more ways of harvesting the potatoes, was a big fan of the Grimme Pack for FS19. But, no... what I referring to was the fact that pretty much everything except potatoes has something with Production Chains. Sugar Beets/Sugarcane = Sugar. There's nothing for potatoes.
michele1048

Post by michele1048 »

fs22 is all to be corrected, seasons, crop graphics, grass trees, it seems to be back to fs2013, sounds, various bugs, waterplain, in the forests only one type of conifers, the ground turns red at night. game with very high settings on PC
crash

Post by crash »

Potato chips would be easy, canola oil and potatoes
Some simpler ceareals too.. honnikorn, wheat, sugar and honney,
Cornflakes, sugar and corn
And rolled oats, which is just oats..
Xbox series s and pc :gamer:
In Norway
deerefarm

Post by deerefarm »

crash wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:45 pm Potato chips would be easy, canola oil and potatoes
I would love to see these items added to the game.

As for seasons, I like it how it is now, while a few minor changes could be made, I don't want it to be as complicated and time consuming as Seasons in FS19. If you want FS19 level seasons I hope it comes as a mod so those off use that didn't really use it, don't have to.
Have been playing FS since FS 2011 came out and still going strong. *thumbsup*
Check out Dairy Air Farms https://www.youtube.com/c/DairyAirFarms
u2020bullet

Post by u2020bullet »

GothicKing13 wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:01 pm No, no... I mean... yeah. Some more ways of harvesting the potatoes, was a big fan of the Grimme Pack for FS19. But, no... what I referring to was the fact that pretty much everything except potatoes has something with Production Chains. Sugar Beets/Sugarcane = Sugar. There's nothing for potatoes.
They could just have us deliver those to a purchasable restaurant.
parad0x177

Post by parad0x177 »

deerefarm wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:24 pm
crash wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:45 pm Potato chips would be easy, canola oil and potatoes
I would love to see these items added to the game.

As for seasons, I like it how it is now, while a few minor changes could be made, I don't want it to be as complicated and time consuming as Seasons in FS19. If you want FS19 level seasons I hope it comes as a mod so those off use that didn't really use it, don't have to.
I agree completely on the seasons part. The Seasons Mod is great, but it is exceedingly complex. If you want to go hardcore-realistic (and I have for a some save games), it’s pretty remarkable. But, it’s a bit of an all-or-nothing proposition which makes it not well-suited to more casual approaches in my opinion. That in mind, I think the vanilla FS22 approach is a nice compromise. I wouldn’t mind seeing a mod to bring some of the Seasons Mod mechanics to FS22, but it’s nice to have some seasonal features and still be able to play it more casual.

As for the production chain suggestions, I agree those are great ideas. I doubt we will have to wait long for a ton of production chain mods to appear, though. Vodka anyone? :wink3:
ace54858

Post by ace54858 »

GothicKing13 wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:15 pm Well, for the record... when it was announced that "seasonal cycles" was in the base game. It was being called "seasonal cycles" for a reason. As for it was going to be nothing like we're used to with the actual seasons mod that we had with FS19. So, expect a lot of the base game FS elements to be there for the more casual players instead of having the hardcore seasons elements. Now, don't get me wrong. I to loved the original seasons mod, but I'm happy with what I got. But, on GIANTS part and with everything that has been stated from the moment that they announced it. It's working as intended. There is no patch for it needed. :hi:
if there is no patch needed then why when playing on 9 day seasons does it skip 2.5/3 days every time you sleep and that with setting the how long to sleep at 8 hours? as you can say be on Nov 1st and sleep for 8 hours and wake up and it's Nov 4th at 8 am in game.