FS19 plan doesn't survive first contact

blue_painted

FS19 plan doesn't survive first contact

Post by blue_painted »

I thought - like many others I think - that I would mess about with FS22 but continue playing for real (if that's not an oxymoron) on FS19 ...

... BUT ...

I started up FS19 and as soon as I came across a tractor sounding at idle while travelling at 30mph I just gave up again.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
Coldlandlord

Re: FS19 plan doesn't survive first contact

Post by Coldlandlord »

Haha that was the very reason I just couldn’t get into FS19 and stopped playing FS for years. Tried several times but I’d fire the game up, drive a machine for a few mins and quit.

All the negative comments about FS22 have me a bit baffled as well. Recalling my first start on fs19…

Start game
Realise wheel support was non existent despite it being confirmed.
Spend an eternity messing around, jumping between games to trick the wheel into working.
About to give up but I start a tractor up, it’s stuck flat out in reverse, drives up and over a fence, crashes into a tree, rolls over and then the wheel/pedals start working for no reason.

Finally get to play it, drive for 30 seconds, acceleration sounds sound like engines from an early birds eye view GTA game before reaching Idle no matter what you are doing.

Look to buy some starting equipment to find an array of medium tractors but literally no implements for them. There was a choice of a tiny plow or a massive one, A single axle trailer or a 50ton one….

Buy a combine, put header on trailer and it’s stuck on there for good.

Gave up and tried a bit of forestry, loaded up a low loader which immediately unloaded itself on the first bend. Get to the site after deciding I hated every aspect of the map and find control mapping completely ignored what I’d input. the crane booms did their own thing making it impossible to handle logs.

Decided to attempt building a farm, couldn’t find anywhere on the map to build on, terrain modification was useless, no paintable textures which resulted in it looking like a load of random buildings plonked unevenly on a grass field.

Quit the game for good after a couple of hours.

Downloaded FS22 on the Monday, worked perfectly, sounds and feels great, it just needs some economic and AI tweaks. It’s absolutely playable without mods and it’s obviously going to be a truly fantastic game once the mods start flowing.