Love Love Love for FS22

Nebraska Heartland

Love Love Love for FS22

Post by Nebraska Heartland »

I have been playing FS since 2013 release in console. Anyone on the fence I highly recommend getting fs22!! Yes they do have some bugs to work out but compared to the fs19 launch it has been nothing but fantastic.

Give the game time!!!! YES THERE ARE SOME BUGS. Examples I have found so far are the Class baler/wrapper doesn’t show the wrapping animation after the 1st bale, also harvesting contracts do not complete since the maximum I have gotten was 25%. I have not completed a full season yet to find all the other bugs.

NO IT IS NOT GIANTS JOB TO COMB THROUGH THIS FORUM LOOKING TO FIND PROBLEMS!. Give the guys a break so they can compile a list to do a massive update. Fixing one small problem can create other issues. Let them compile a list and do a massive update. IT HASNT EVEN BEEN A FULL WEEK FROM THE GAMES LAUNCH!!

I truly have found more things on the FS22 series I thought I would hate but have absolutely started to love. I thought I would hate the manual shift but over the last 24hour period trying to get used to it I found I really do enjoy using the manual shift playing on Xbox one S. The traffic is amazing how vehicles now slow down and even can go passed you. I am loving the rocks in fields and the different looks that you get wether you run a plow or disk harrow gives you a completely different field texture.

Yes can’t wait for mods to make this game just as amazing as it can be! I do feel fs is lacking in some categories for me since I do live in one of the highest cattle production states in the entire world I feel having a cattle barn of only 80 feels a bit small compared to a lot of operations around here that are over 500 even on the dairy side of things. Can’t wait to get some bigger equipment like the seed hawk seeders and cultivators that we had in fs19. I was kind of awe inspired that giants didn’t carry some of them over like the Bourgault seeders. I am sure maybe some sort of dlc or plenty of mods that will fill this category down the road.

At the end of the day all I can say is I am certain that FS22 will be the best series of the Farming simulation ever released. I have loved the game and everything giants has produced since the 1st time I bought my copy of fs13 for Xbox 360. I have spent countless hours playing and chipping away at the farm life. I hope that my long rant and post has suited you all well. I don’t mean to point any fingers at anyone I know we are all here to show this game and their makers nothing but love. As always farm away my friends.

Sincerely, Nebraska Heartland

FS13,15,17,19,22 on Xbox 360 and Xbox One S. May have to upgrade to the PC life…. Someday. :biggrin2: :biggrin2: :-D
Deereslayer

Re: Love Love Love for FS22

Post by Deereslayer »

It definitely has problems in the 3 hours I've played such as AI workers delivering is painful, the building placement and ground deformation is awful. Lack of equipment and no precision farming yet hurts. But to be expected. It took 19 two years to get good and I expect this will be way better.
The improved tasks workers can do is big. Not having to be a full time truck driver when it gets fixed is huge for me. Need a simpler map and it will be good. I hope they bring Welker or Millennial Farmer over. And the production chains are interesting. Gives it more of a management feel I like. And the slot count on old X box should not be an issue anymore. I have a dairy, grain and milking setup and haven't reached 400 slots out of 2700. That makes me happy! It just takes time
Dezza69

Post by Dezza69 »

I'm loving it too!!

Agree with you, especially your statement on the whining. Well said.

Just a little useless FYI - I moved from console to PC because of mods on FS17, found it awesome because I'm a bit of a nerd and really enjoy customising "vehicular sim stuff". Made an external controller/console which helps with immersion (SimHub Dash was a fantastic find) ...

Happy gaming!!

Farm on!! :lol:
JWE75

Post by JWE75 »

Finally some common sense here. Game is awesome
Mobias

Post by Mobias »

Nebraska Heartland wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:52 pm Anyone on the fence I highly recommend getting fs22!!
I've still not got it. I'm definitely going to get it but I'm waiting for Oxygendavid's first maps to come out. He posted on Facebook that he's having to remake a lot of it because of the changes in FS22 so it'll be a while yet before they come out. I'm not in any rush. I'd rather wait and experience FS22 with truly a truly great map thats really immersive and that I can sink a lot of time into.
thumbwiz

Post by thumbwiz »

Nebraska Heartland wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:52 pm I have been playing FS since 2013 release in console. Anyone on the fence I highly recommend getting fs22!! Yes they do have some bugs to work out but compared to the fs19 launch it has been nothing but fantastic.

To all the whining f*** assholes on this forum. Yes I said what I said go ahead and ban me but someone has to show tough love and backbone on here. Give the game time!!!! YES THERE ARE SOME BUGS. Examples I have found so far are the Class baler/wrapper doesn’t show the wrapping animation after the 1st bale, also harvesting contracts do not complete since the maximum I have gotten was 25%. I have not completed a full season yet to find all the other bugs.

NO IT IS NOT GIANTS JOB TO COMB THROUGH THIS FORUM LOOKING TO FIND PROBLEMS!. Give the guys a break so they can compile a list to do a massive update. Fixing one small problem can create other issues. Let them compile a list and do a massive update. IT HASNT EVEN BEEN A FULL WEEK FROM THE GAMES LAUNCH!!

I truly have found more things on the FS22 series I thought I would hate but have absolutely started to love. I thought I would hate the manual shift but over the last 24hour period trying to get used to it I found I really do enjoy using the manual shift playing on Xbox one S. The traffic is amazing how vehicles now slow down and even can go passed you. I am loving the rocks in fields and the different looks that you get wether you run a plow or disk harrow gives you a completely different field texture.

Yes can’t wait for mods to make this game just as amazing as it can be! I do feel fs is lacking in some categories for me since I do live in one of the highest cattle production states in the entire world I feel having a cattle barn of only 80 feels a bit small compared to a lot of operations around here that are over 500 even on the dairy side of things. Can’t wait to get some bigger equipment like the seed hawk seeders and cultivators that we had in fs19. I was kind of awe inspired that giants didn’t carry some of them over like the Bourgault seeders. I am sure maybe some sort of dlc or plenty of mods that will fill this category down the road.

At the end of the day all I can say is I am certain that FS22 will be the best series of the Farming simulation ever released. I have loved the game and everything giants has produced since the 1st time I bought my copy of fs13 for Xbox 360. I have spent countless hours playing and chipping away at the farm life. I hope that my long rant and post has suited you all well. I don’t mean to point any fingers at anyone I know we are all here to show this game and their makers nothing but love. As always farm away my friends.

FS13,15,17,19,22 on Xbox 360 and Xbox One S. May have to upgrade to the PC life…. Someday. :biggrin2: :biggrin2: :-D
You can say goodbye to this post oh clever one
X1 / PC gaming
Ontario, Canada
Nebraska Heartland

Post by Nebraska Heartland »

Iwan073 the funny part is I spelled both of the naughty words out and hit submit and it o my changed the F word. Lol

Dezza I would switch to a pc but I’m afraid I would spend more time setting routes and things up than just playing the game. I do envy the pc gods for the mods, slot count, bale count, and ability to have any map they desire. But when it gets down to it I love console since I have been able to see how much the game has grown in its own abilities. I like that I have to kind of strategize within the set limits. The only real complaint I would bring to giants is how much space we have for downloading mods.
parad0x177

Post by parad0x177 »

Nebraska Heartland wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:52 pm I have been playing FS since 2013 release in console. Anyone on the fence I highly recommend getting fs22!! Yes they do have some bugs to work out but compared to the fs19 launch it has been nothing but fantastic.

To all the whining f*** assholes on this forum…

Glad you like it. I like it, too. Just like I (also) liked FS13, ‘15, ‘17, and (yes even) ‘19, most on both PC and XBox (to a lesser degree). I thought the FS19 launch was a bit of a mess, though, despite liking it pretty much from Day One. And, I agree that some opinions and discussions probably got a lot more heated and strongly worded than needed. (Kind of like yours, come to think of it. :wink3: ) That’s a big part of the reason I haven’t really been around here since, well, about 2019.

But, I still think Giants needs to get their QA act together. FS19 was a lot bigger mess than it really should have been at launch. Then, the subsequent process of patching the most glaring faults was, in several ways, it’s own train wreck, I think, because of that same faulty QA process. FS22 has, admittedly, been a bit better overall and they definitely added some gameplay elements that I feel genuinely advance the franchise. But, they had an entire extra year to work and it’s STILL got a lot of pretty basic, glaring, obvious faults that (as an actual, professional engineer and once-upon-a-time safety-of-life-critical software developer) leave me wondering if their QA testers actually play the game at all, much less have a sound, repeatable, testing methodology.

So, while I agree some folks’ opinions are probably a bit stronger than necessary, overly negative in some cases, and probably misplaced in others, I don’t think some criticism is unwarranted. I have been genuinely amazed at the hours of enjoyment and incredible value that a farming game (of all things), discovered entirely by chance (thanks to “Games with Gold” on XBox 360), has brought to me and my children. As such, Giants has a lot of goodwill in my case. But, it isn’t inexhaustible and it is probably greater in my case than for many. So, for the sake of Giants and future FS games, I think some well-placed, constructive criticism is entirely justified.
iwan073 wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:21 pm
You can say asshole, but not s-u-c-k?!

Fascinating
Fascinating, indeed. :geeknew:
Drmattymd

Post by Drmattymd »

Nebraska Heartland wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:17 am Iwan073 the funny part is I spelled both of the naughty words out and hit submit and it o my changed the F word. Lol

Dezza I would switch to a pc but I’m afraid I would spend more time setting routes and things up than just playing the game. I do envy the pc gods for the mods, slot count, bale count, and ability to have any map they desire. But when it gets down to it I love console since I have been able to see how much the game has grown in its own abilities. I like that I have to kind of strategize within the set limits. The only real complaint I would bring to giants is how much space we have for downloading mods.
8gb isn't enough?
Playing on PC and PS4
Dezza69

Post by Dezza69 »

Nebraska Heartland wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:17 am ... I would switch to a pc but I’m afraid I would spend more time setting routes and things up than just playing the game.
:) yes, well - there is that!

And the time invested just fixing all the stuff changed when Windoze updates ( :lol: :lol: bwahahahahar!!!!)

Best thing is we are able to choose how we enjoy these platforms/games in our different ways. We're very fortunate really.

:)
johnlinden

Post by johnlinden »

Well said to all above, game is great now, will be even better a month from now. Thank you Giants.
chale8

Post by chale8 »

I'll admit to being pretty annoyed that the game as it came on launch day is effectively a beta. If I buy a new car I don't expect to find that the headlights and wipers don't work only to be told "Well, it's new. Give it a month or two and we'll fix it and you will be able to drive at night or in the rain".

With that being said here's some things I love about 22 that I think are improved from 19:

- Handling of bales and pallets seems to be easier and they seem to be weightier. I tried lifting a couple of silage bales without a weight on the back, that didn't work. :)
- The vehicles and equipment look beautiful and the ground textures are much improved. The wind rippling fields of crops looks really good.
- The sound. OMG the sound. I've just hauled a trailer of grain with the Valtra Valmet and the sound of the engine working harder under load and the gears shifting was brilliant. I also love the sounds of trailers connecting / disconnecting and the clanking as they tip.
- Sleeping cows. Aaw. :) I also like the option for livestock barns to have plumbed water and the robot feeding system is really cool.
- New AI capabilities. I know they're a bit hit and miss but it is really useful being able to send workers to tip grain or move equipment from A to B.
- All the new placeables. I love to pick a plot of land and build my farm how I like it, being able to add fences, lights, trees etc really adds to it.
- New sleep system, being able to choose the time you want to wake up instead of how many hours to sleep is much easier.

There's probably more. Other than the bugs being fixed I do think the economy needs to be more balanced, and the repair / repaint costs need to be reduced as do the cost of workers. For now I'm just playing for fun and cheating money into the game when I want it. I'll stick to 19 for playing properly until the patches come out and things get fixed.
Guil

Post by Guil »

iwan073 wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:21 pm You can say asshole, but not s-u-c-k-s?!

Fascinating
Something got to do with the German word filter
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

thumbwiz wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:35 pm
Nebraska Heartland wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:52 pm
[snip]

You can say goodbye to this post oh clever one
Why? It seems like a perfectly good post to me.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
yudia

Post by yudia »

Do you love a game that this year has completely broken the economy? Without economy, what goals can you have? It has lost all grace. I've been racking my head for 70 hours on how to approach this and I have nothing, I can't find the point, my farm is rubbish in 70 hours.

The culprit of the broken economy? The stations, the stations by obligation, by imposition, because they cannot be deactivated, that is the big problem. Have you tried to play a game from scratch? I'm sure you wouldn't say that you love the game from scratch.

I will end up busting the game like many other players cheating with money but with infinite money I will lose the illusion. This is not a farm simulator, it is a machinery simulator, for a few hours, not hundreds or thousands of hours as with the previous farmins since 2008.

The first mods, busters of the game to get infinite money, there is a proof that the game is broken.

Do you want another test of a broken game? Have you taken a tour of the multiplayer games? You will see that there are few people in all of them, and those that are full are those based on silage, corn silage, why? Because everything else has been lost the sense because the economy does not work, and the only objective that people have left is to enjoy simulating machines, and for that the silage is perfect.

And the bugs and problems? It is plagued by them, they have had 3 years to release a 100% functional game, in which they have wasted time ?, 3 years no, many more years, because errors already corrected are repeated, the forestry was running in FS2019 and now back to FS2015 errors.

It is a shame and truly unfortunate that despite everything that is happening you come saying that you love the game and that you have played it since 2013, how many shares do you have in the company? How much does the company pay you to say that nonsense? , be brave. Sometimes I think that this game should be forbidden to sell it, and return the money to everyone who wants it even if they have passed more than 2 hours of testing.

I am a lifelong fan, and I am completely lost, because of the Giants who have destroyed the illusions of a large number of fans by their bad decisions.

What am I doing here writing instead of playing? I just explained it to you.