Love Love Love for FS22

1992Tadej1992

Re: Love Love Love for FS22

Post by 1992Tadej1992 »

Giants it is no longer acceptable to release the game, that is still in beta phase. U had 2 years.
vovovo

Post by vovovo »

As much as i've seen videos so far, and played it myself, i'm not gonna lie, i don't like it. I didn't hyped myself up for this new game, but i still feel disappointed. Vehicles lights are still pretty useless. Still have to TAB through all of my 10+ vehicles everytime, quite annoying especially during spring, summer when i want to switch between my tractors, and i have to go through my harvesters etc. Still can't unload round baler, when bale is not finished. While compressing chaff in silage pit, it spills out, it expands instead of compressing. AI is still pretty useless while working on fields, 7 games later and worker is only able to drive up and down the field, no headlands, no passing islands. Animals are still on god mode, walking through solid objects. Seasonal cycles are also pretty meh... it's something, but it's so basic, it's almost bad. And i'm not gonna even mention bugs in this game, did they watched cyberpunk, and then thought "hold our beer"? For me at least, fs19 with courseplay and seasons are way more appealing, i don't have that "brand new" feeling when i played fs22 and i don't have that desire to play it after long day at work. I think this game has potential in the future, when majority of bugs have been fixed, and modders have released a few good mods. But it's not going to be such a big step from 19, like 15vs17, or 17vs19 etc.
swrunyan

Post by swrunyan »

Posts like this are exactly the reason why companies are going to continue to release broken and incomplete games to the public.

I can even wrap my head around the fact people find this acceptable to take your money and tell you we'll give you something that sorta works now and we'll make it better after we've gotten more money from more people that accept this practice.

I hate to say, but I can't really blame the companies anymore, it's the public like OP that allow this.

I was gonna say YouTube is also part of the problem, but I think people like OP far out-way the YouTube first to post videos for views to get the money crowd.

Just my observations.
hun3

Post by hun3 »

50% of people on this forum: "I love FS 22 its the best version so far"
50% of people on this forum: "I Fing hate FS 22 its the worst version so far"

GIANTS devs:

thumbwiz

Post by thumbwiz »

hun3 wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:56 pm 50% of people on this forum: "I love FS 22 its the best version so far"
50% of people on this forum: "I Fing hate FS 22 its the worst version so far"

GIANTS devs:

Once they have your money, there's no rush.
X1 / PC gaming
Ontario, Canada
wildberry

Post by wildberry »

It's funny, I'd said I'd never get another FS anymore, yet I actually enjoy playing FS22 a lot more than I did FS19. Of course Giants couldve ironed out some of the bugs before launch, but hey, they probably pay the testers and if it's like where I work, nobody is telling the boss his great product has issues. Still, the game's playable and highly enjoyable already... and that's coming from me, so hah!

As for the new maps, I know they need to be generic so it can play on consoles, PC etc, but Haut-Beyleron might be the nicest they did as generic map so far, good job!
MC, aka Master of Cereals
vovovo

Post by vovovo »

wildberry wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:13 pm ...and if it's like where I work, nobody is telling the boss his great product has issues.
wow, i didn't know North Korea let it's people use pages like these
thumbwiz

Post by thumbwiz »

wildberry wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:13 pm ... if it's like where I work, nobody is telling the boss his great product has issues.
Where I work, if I tell the boss there are no issues, and the client submits tons of bug reports, I'd be getting fired for being a crappy employee.
X1 / PC gaming
Ontario, Canada
ASOLANDRI

Post by ASOLANDRI »

vovovo wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:24 pm Animals are still on god mode,
So, animals can't die, even with seasons in base game? :confusednew: :hmm:
Greetings, from Central Texas! :hi:

Back to the digital farm with the new 65" TCL 4K HDR TV. PS5 *thumbsup*

Map/Playtime:
Griffin, Indiana 22: 103 Hours
Edgewater, SK: 79 Hours
Ohio Richlands: 78 Hours
Alma, Missouri: 50 Hours
Elmcreek: 32 Hours
Big Flats, Texas: 20 Hours
Luftkopf

Post by Luftkopf »

Have none of you bought any software on launch day in the last 10 years? FS22 has fewer major bugs than any release I’ve seen for a while! Sure it’s got a few bugs here and there, but the game is fundamentally sound. There are a lot of melodramatic reactions here.

I’m loving FS22. Despite the bugs, it’s a great upgrade, and can’t go back to 19 now, even if I do miss some of the maps there.
Dezza69

Post by Dezza69 »

Luftkopf wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:56 pm Have none of you bought any software on launch day in the last 10 years? FS22 has fewer major bugs than any release I’ve seen for a while! Sure it’s got a few bugs here and there, but the game is fundamentally sound. There are a lot of melodramatic reactions here.

I’m loving FS22. Despite the bugs, it’s a great upgrade, and can’t go back to 19 now, even if I do miss some of the maps there.
:) agree!

And other games now use tools like "FMOD" for sounds, Giants developed their own sound system.

Some other games use an "UnReal Engine". Other games (which I enjoy too, BTW) allow you to back a truck onto a trailer and drive it somewhere, or fly a plane, or slide a car sideways around virtual streets or race-track. In Farming Simulator you can alter the map, plow a field, engage on growing the produce, load the trailer with various tools, drive the truck, plant and cut down a tree, have cows, bees, or a renewable energy farm, etc, etc - and Giants (a small development team) develop their own engine to do all that.

I've written custom code for a few clients. None of it had the complexity of a game with multiple teams working across different disciplines and making it work across various platforms, and it had a few bugs here and there which were sorted.

Giants have done a great job from my POV and any genuine "bugs" which have been reported using the correct bug-tracking system(s) will get tweaked. At some point. :lol: :lol:

... :confusednew: ... wonder how many of those "bug holders" pick-up and appropriately place rubbish (which isn't theirs) noticed on the ground, or would they not notice it and just walk on over it?? ...

... anyways, I virtually have tomatoes to stack and some weeds to yank in a field. :lol:

Happy Farming! everyone!!! :biggrin2:
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

Luftkopf wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:56 pm Have none of you bought any software on launch day in the last 10 years?
I agree, but I also think it is a really stupid precedent that has been set. It's like my boss told me, "it's not an excuse to make bad things." Basically what you are saying is that "murderers kill people, therefore everyone should kill people," now that sure makes a lot of sense.
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
j_maybury

Post by j_maybury »

I have not bought the game and as of the present iteration, I am not going to.
So far all I see is YouTubers starting a farm by putting all their cash into Greenhouses and very little else.
Players complaining about contracting, which was the same thing that we had in FS17.
Players complaining about tractor-flinging pallet's which we had in FS13 and to some extent in FS19 as well.
Players complaining about the unrealistic growth times, Eleven months is just ridiculous.
I have seen farmers feeding their livestock by dumping the feed into thin air. WTF?
No mud comes off the tyre's of the tractor, yet you have mud flying all over the place from a cultivator. and very little from a plough. just an observation that was better in other version's.
They had more than three years to get this right but instead treated every one of you like a fool.
I will grant them that they have done a good job on the sounds and gear's, the jury is out for now about the new menus.
But I remembered a promise from giant about better interactive buildings, but instead, we got shop's and factory's, this is not what we wanted, we wanted working farm sheds with working doors and such.
I guess the model makers will have to come to the rescue yet again.
I will happily keep hold of my money until that day arrives.
Last edited by j_maybury on Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hrvacx

Post by hrvacx »

I like the path they choosed with fs22. Game feels more realistic and more beutiful in every aspect than fs19. Sure it has issues but its a significant improvement over fs19 in almost all areas. I like the game so far and have an optimistic view for its future
Coldlandlord

Post by Coldlandlord »

redglasses wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:32 pm
Luftkopf wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:56 pm Have none of you bought any software on launch day in the last 10 years?
I agree, but I also think it is a really stupid precedent that has been set. It's like my boss told me, "it's not an excuse to make bad things." Basically what you are saying is that "murderers kill people, therefore everyone should kill people," now that sure makes a lot of sense.
It’s just the way things are these days.
Back in the day you waited years for a game to be released but when it was it was neigh on perfect and if it wasn’t, you were stuck with it! Remember Gran Turismo 2? years in the making and a missed bug meant that you couldn’t ever complete it. Everyone thought it was stuff compared to the original but we had to wait years for the next version. Dayz, over 10 years in Beta but people just got on with it and worked around the pages and pages of bugs, it’s still full of bugs but it’s a awesome game.
The new age means we get new releases much faster as well as continued improvement. Not only that but the players spot things that aren’t right or suggest features that can be sorted out quickly with patches or mods. The whole games industry operates this way now so everyone has to keep up with putting out new versions regularly otherwise they die and I think it’s a fair trade off having a few minor bugs for the first couple of weeks/months. Also bare in mind how fast manufacturers put out new equipment and tech… if we had to wait 5 years in between versions, the equipment would be old before the game was released!

90% of all the negative comments on here are very minor issues. This specific piece of equipment is missing, the mirrors flicker, the game isn’t set up for my expectations that I can start from scratch and become a millionaire within a few hours, I want it to be a perfect farming simulator but I don’t want to wait more than an hour for my crops to grow….
it can all be sorted and I’d rather play this new version with a few annoyances that can all be worked around temporarily, than be stuck with FS19 for another 2 years.