Silage Bale Fermenting Glitch?

FarmCatJenkins

Silage Bale Fermenting Glitch?

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

Are grass bales supposed to ferment?

I did a baling contract on Elm Creek, field 71, and came out with 70ish bales by the end of it. I had checked after wrapping a few that they instantly turned to silage after wrapping. Once the contract was complete I had around 30 square bales left over, so three stacks. I had them sitting at the BGA since the digestor was full and they were ticking away selling as the digestor cleared out. Well, I had everything done for the day and decided to sleep, and when I woke up I went to check and see if all three stacks had disappeared. To my surprise though, the bottom bales on the stack said 38% fermented, and there was a gap from the second up from the bottom to the next bale, floating there. The ones above the bales fermenting still said silage, and as I drove my tractor to the stack, the floating ones fell and sold. Just curious if this has happened to anyone else. I feel like they really are supposed to have a fermenting stage, and when it switched to midnight the bales that were on the floor activated that stage. I'm just confused haha.
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
crash

Re: Silage Bale Fermenting Glitch?

Post by crash »

I did the same contract. Some glitches out somehow sitting next to the thingy, but as long as it's full it will gradually sell and cash will flow I to you accont. I took the rest of the bales to johnsons farm market and made another 55k on the remaing 17 bales :mrgreen:
I dident offer the fermenting stage a though, But I did notice it said 1% straigh after it came out of the baler, as I managed to stack two ontop of eachother with the wrapper, I had to inspect.. One fell thru the ground :frown:
Xbox series s and pc :gamer:
In Norway
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

That's why I'm wondering if they are actually supposed to ferment. And when the game ticked over to midnight it activated the fermentation but only for those on the ground, not the floating ones.

alanarientiziech

Post by alanarientiziech »

in fs19 if you wrapped any grass bale, it instantly turns into silage bale, does it not work this way on fs22?
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

That's what I'm asking lol. They were silage until i slept then the bottom bales on my stacks were fermenting.

Case-man

Post by Case-man »

It was the same in FS19 (cant remember which mod did it).

If you wrapped freshcut grass (only windrowed) then you get a percentage of fermentation, and eventually you get 100% fermented ie silage.

If not I am not mistaken IRL you add lactic acid when bailing to produce silage bails. I think I saw a mod for it in FS19, but never tried it.
MagicBoy

Post by MagicBoy »

alanarientiziech wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:32 am in fs19 if you wrapped any grass bale, it instantly turns into silage bale, does it not work this way on fs22?
No takes time to ferment (as would happen in a bunker silo). From what I can work out if they're produced on a contract job it appears to ignore that so you can sell them instantly.
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

That must be what happened then. I completed the contract then it started the fermentation process. Thanks.